PDA

View Full Version : How difficult is it to adjust to a new team

harsha
4th October 2009, 08:18
in mid season...

We've had Romain Grosjean,Badoer & Fisichella now...

Fisico was doing well in force India and had genuine pace to get good results.Due to him replacing Badoer,he's struggling right now to get points.My question is how difficult is it to join a new team and to learn the mechanics of working in that side...

Even when "Bad you are" was replaced with Fisi,Luca said something to the effect of Fisi performing better than him cause he's used to the current formula 1 cars...whereas Fisi has been atleast able to keep up with the pack...He's nowhere near his team-mate...Is it that difficult to adjust to a new team :?:

I guess for a rookie,it will be easier though

Koz
4th October 2009, 08:31
Sadly Fisi killed his career. Went from fighting with Kimi to being eclipsed by him.

Could be just that the Ferrari is such a dog to drive, you need someone like Massa or Kimi to drive.

Even the n00b drivers coming in are showing comparable pace with Fisi. Which really says alot.

harsha
4th October 2009, 08:38
nah,I think you need time to get used to any car which is why the testing season is so very useful for new drivers...Fisi has pace...while everyone agrees that Badoer was probably mediocre,no one can deny that Fisi has the pace to be in the points in every race with a good car.

Now the Ferrari is most definetly a decent car,It's not the best but it's most def a midfield running car competing for the 4-8th places.Why is he being so outclassed by Raikkonen..you would think that a quick driver like Fisichella would adjust to the car pretty quickly.

ShiftingGears
4th October 2009, 08:51
Sadly Fisi killed his career. Went from fighting with Kimi to being eclipsed by him.

Could be just that the Ferrari is such a dog to drive, you need someone like Massa or Kimi to drive.

Even the n00b drivers coming in are showing comparable pace with Fisi. Which really says alot.

I agree - it's a difficult car and Fisichella is not adapting. It's like watching Hayden vs Stoner in Ducati. It's just no contest.

Although Fisi to Ferrari was never about rational judgement for Fisichella.