PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race

Koz
4th October 2009, 07:34
Fettel :D

In a class of his own.

Jarno and his pit crew, great home race. Did everything right.

Daniel
4th October 2009, 07:35
Vettel

HenryM
4th October 2009, 07:36
vettel!

keysersoze
4th October 2009, 07:36
Vettel, with Jarno a distant second.

AndyL
4th October 2009, 07:41
I'm giving it to Trulli. Vettel was great, absolutely flawless, but he had such a pace advantage that he didn't have to work too hard today.

Garry Walker
4th October 2009, 07:45
Why are you giving it to Vettel? Red Bull was 1 second per lap faster than any other car today, he didnt even have to push at all.

Hamilton was good without KERS at the end, also Rosberg and Kimi were impressive.
Trulli too.

Steve2009
4th October 2009, 07:45
Got to give it to Fettel :D
Really alot of good decent drives From JT, KR LH, RK, NH and all things considered Button had a pretty good race!

HenryM
4th October 2009, 07:47
webber was just terrible with the same car...

kimi was impressive, I agree,
but rosberg was just a bit lucky with the safety car.
trulli and hamilton did well.

Dave B
4th October 2009, 07:51

In what way? He had all manner of problems at the beginning, then set two fastest laps towards the end. Maybe some of the problems were of his own making after going off in practice, but in the race he couldn't really have done more.

Driver of the race? Vettel. When he said he hadn't given up on the Championship, he meant it.

Daniel
4th October 2009, 07:54
Webber drove just fine. Henry, are you sure you didn't press the red button and watch a different race?

Garry Walker
4th October 2009, 07:55

Started from last place, pitted 3 times in the first 4 laps, set the fastest laptime in the end.

Yeah, how awful.

Nothing will stop the vettel fanboys from talking crap.

harsha
4th October 2009, 08:00
Vettel ofcourse,Trulli and Hamilton

strong drivers from Rakka and Rosberg too although Rosberg was a bit lucky to get that 5th place...

Hamilton without the KERS still managing to get a podium is pretty good

truefan72
4th October 2009, 08:02
vettel, fast car or not, he still had to get the job done

DexDexter
4th October 2009, 08:05
Vettel with a special mention to Jarno, Lewis and Kimi.

ShiftingGears
4th October 2009, 08:10
Kimi, Lewis and Jarno were very good. Unfortunately Webber could not compete for victory, as the only misfortune that didn't happen to him throughout the weekend was the lollipop man screwing up.

ShiftingGears
4th October 2009, 08:11
Nothing will stop the vettel fanboys from talking crap.

Nothing will stop many fanboys of any driver talking crap.

HenryM
4th October 2009, 08:15
Webber drove just fine. Henry, are you sure you didn't press the red button and watch a different race?

the difference in the result is quite big, I'm sure you can give vettel some credit for that, he was just super fast and constant, and during the race I was looking at their lap times and webber wasn't doing anything impressive.

saying that vettel didn't work hard for this great result is stupid.

Daniel
4th October 2009, 08:16
Yes but Vettel started 18 spots in front?

Robinho
4th October 2009, 08:27
Vettel for me, controlled the race realy well. Trulli raced as well as i've ever seen him, kudos to him. Kimi went well in a car that they haven't touched for several races now.

Button also gets some credit for getting up into the points and for being the only car in the top 8 to actually pass a car on track to improve his position

Robinho
4th October 2009, 08:29
can't knock Webber, started from the Pitlane, had to pit twice for a loose head rest, once for a puncture, was running one stop fuel load (so can't compare times to Vettel for the 1st 40 laps or so really) and then stayed out then and on it enough to set really fast laps at the end

jens
4th October 2009, 08:30
Vettel, Trulli, Hamilton, Räikkönen, Rosberg - a long list, isn't it?! :p :

Very glad for Jarno, a much-needed drive, when there is a sword hanging over his entire F1-career. I don't know if this was his third last race in F1, but at least he has managed to get one podium for a potential positive ending, so that's great. :)

F1boat
4th October 2009, 08:33
Jarno - fantastic drive!

HenryM
4th October 2009, 08:33
Yes but Vettel started 18 spots in front?

yes..
comparing them in this race is quite useless quite different situation, but Vettel WAS impressive today.

sorry guys :)

jens
4th October 2009, 08:42
I forgot to add that this was also a debut race for both Vettel and Hamilton at Suzuka, so the kids have adapted really well to a new and difficult circuit, which has caught out several - mainly inexperienced - drivers this weekend.

AndyL
4th October 2009, 09:20
Button also gets some credit for getting up into the points and for being the only car in the top 8 to actually pass a car on track to improve his position

Yes credit due there. And like last week, he put in some crucial fast laps towards the end of the race that would have put him ahead of Rosberg if not for the safety car. If anything this was more impressive than last week because he was able to do that despite the fact that he pitted before Rosberg.

VkmSpouge
4th October 2009, 12:31
Definitely Sebastian Vettel, he was in a class of his own all weekend. Jarno Trulli also drove very well.

woody2goody
4th October 2009, 12:31
1. Trulli
2. Vettel
3. Heidfeld

Honourable mention for Alguersuari - now I know he crashed, but he did a brilliant job up until then on a very challenging track.

AndyL
4th October 2009, 12:43
1. Trulli
2. Vettel
3. Heidfeld

Oh yes, Heidfeld - he has quite a remarkable knack of putting in solid performances without anyone actually noticing doesn't he :) I don't think I recall seeing him do anything at any point during the race but there he is in 6th place!

gm99
4th October 2009, 13:30
Even though Vettel drove a perfect, faultless race today on a track he has to my knowledge not previously raced on, my award goes to Trulli who for once did not fall asleep during the race, but rather put in some fast laps when it mattered to jump ahead of Hamilton during the finals pit stops.

ioan
4th October 2009, 13:31
Why are you giving it to Vettel?

Because we don't hate him, unlike you.

And yeah Vettel was the driver of the race, no question about that, he simply had them all in his pocket.

UltimateDanGTR
4th October 2009, 13:44
i cant give my driver of the race to one driver, i have to give to two; Vettel and Trulli. both faultless, both brilliant and no problems, simple as.

ShiftingGears
4th October 2009, 13:49

And yeah Vettel was the driver of the race, no question about that, he simply had them all in his pocket.

It was the best car, easily. So doesn't mean he was the best driver just because he won in it.

ioan
4th October 2009, 13:52
It was the best car, easily. So doesn't mean he was the best driver just because he won in it.

Did I miss the other 3 RedBull (STR) drivers taking 2nd 3rd and 4th?

F1boat
4th October 2009, 14:00

The whole weekend they were busy crashing and runining Brawn GP's chances!

ShiftingGears
4th October 2009, 14:10

Are you insane? Did you actually follow the race or not?

ioan
4th October 2009, 14:30
Are you insane? Did you actually follow the race or not?

I did follow the race and besides Vettel none of the RBR or STR cars came even close to getting a point.

My turn now, allow me to quote you: 'Are you insane? Did you actually follow the race or not?'

ShiftingGears
4th October 2009, 14:54
I did follow the race and besides Vettel none of the RBR or STR cars came even close to getting a point.

My turn now, allow me to quote you: 'Are you insane? Did you actually follow the race or not?'

The STR is not anywhere near the RBR performance wise and has not been for the whole year. That is why did not come in the top five. Genius.

Webber had 3 pitstops in the first 4 laps. That is why he did not come close to being in the top five. Not because Vettel is just so much better than him.

I didn't think I'd have to explain something so obvious.

ioan
4th October 2009, 19:44
The STR is not anywhere near the RBR performance wise and has not been for the whole year. That is why did not come in the top five. Genius.

The difference being?! I suppose you have first hand knowledge of why the STR isn't as fast as the RBR, other than the engine and the drivers and BTW the engine used by STR is better than the Renault in the RBR.

Webber had 3 pitstops in the first 4 laps. That is why he did not come close to being in the top five. Not because Vettel is just so much better than him.

Nice to have car related excuses for Webber while claiming that Vettel only won because the car was good. The irony! :D

wedge
4th October 2009, 23:08
Trulli and Webber - did good lap times for nearly two thirds of the race. A driver with lesser resilience would've parked it and got the next flight home.

P*ss easy win. Never tested - by that I mean Webber didn't do quali and started from pitlane so unlike Silverstone we have not a great idea just how good Vettel was.

ShiftingGears
5th October 2009, 01:15
The difference being?! I suppose you have first hand knowledge of why the STR isn't as fast as the RBR, other than the engine and the drivers and BTW the engine used by STR is better than the Renault in the RBR.

It's pretty obvious judging by the gaps that the STR is a much inferior car to the RBR. Bourdais was a lot closer to Vettel than the STR drivers are, and Buemi is better than Bourdais.

Which suggests that the STR is considerably worse than the RBR, no?

Nice to have car related excuses for Webber while claiming that Vettel only won because the car was good. The irony! :D

I really fail to see the irony, only your lack of understanding.

Let me explain this. You can't justify that Vettel drove a better race than Webber using the results because one had 3 pitstops in four laps and one didn't.

race_director
5th October 2009, 05:09
Vettel , truli and aguri(do not remmber his full name, too long) for his destruction derby

ioan
5th October 2009, 09:09
It's pretty obvious judging by the gaps that the STR is a much inferior car to the RBR. Bourdais was a lot closer to Vettel than the STR drivers are, and Buemi is better than Bourdais.

Which suggests that the STR is considerably worse than the RBR, no?

Sorry but you are making suppositions to support your supposition and this can not be considered a well based logical deduction.

Last years STR was better or worse than the RBR? I believe the chassis were pretty much equal, like they are this season too, the difference being the engine and the drivers, and the best RBR-STR driver from last season is the best driver this season too.

I really fail to see the irony...

Sure you do, I didn't even expect you to be objective at all. :D

ShiftingGears
5th October 2009, 09:29
Sorry but you are making suppositions to support your supposition and this can not be considered a well based logical deduction.

Last years STR was better or worse than the RBR? I believe the chassis were pretty much equal, like they are this season too, the difference being the engine and the drivers

You are forgetting the engineering team that still has to extract the best out of the given chassis. The STR team hasn't done that at all, a driver doesn't contribute that much to a team.

Last years STR was a very good car and pinning that success on one driver is ridiculous.

Sure you do, I didn't even expect you to be objective at all. :D

Explain to me how I am more biased than you are, considering that you justified that the RBR was not the fastest car by saying that Webber did not finish in the top 2.

That, to me, is insane.

ShiftingGears
5th October 2009, 09:30
aguri(do not remmber his full name, too long) for his destruction derby

Do you think it was a driver error on a flat-out, easy corner that caused Alguersuari to crash?

I think not.

ioan
5th October 2009, 15:13
You are forgetting the engineering team that still has to extract the best out of the given chassis. The STR team hasn't done that at all, a driver doesn't contribute that much to a team.

So, you want me to believe that the same team that extracted more out of last year's RedBull chassis is doing worse this year than those who did a poor job last season?! I don't see on what kind of logic you base this conclusion.

Last years STR was a very good car and pinning that success on one driver is ridiculous.

last year's STR was the same chassis with last year's RBR, still a STR driver won a race while RBR were nowhere close.
Above you just stated that the STR engineers can't extract as much performance from this year's chassis yet you are now arguing that last year's STR was better than the RBR!

Any more contradictory suppositions from you? :rolleyes:

Explain to me how I am more biased than you are, considering that you justified that the RBR was not the fastest car by saying that Webber did not finish in the top 2.

That, to me, is insane.

Sorry but I'm not sure what exactly is the logic of the above phrases, so I find it a bit rich from you to ask me to explain something that to me sounds like nonsense based on nothing else but Webber fanboyism.

stevie_gerrard
5th October 2009, 15:27
Vettel for a superb drive, even after the safety car. He just left everyone to their own little battle while he strolled around the track.

ShiftingGears
6th October 2009, 02:16
So, you want me to believe that the same team that extracted more out of last year's RedBull chassis is doing worse this year than those who did a poor job last season?! I don't see on what kind of logic you base this conclusion.

last year's STR was the same chassis with last year's RBR, still a STR driver won a race while RBR were nowhere close.
Above you just stated that the STR engineers can't extract as much performance from this year's chassis yet you are now arguing that last year's STR was better than the RBR!

Any more contradictory suppositions from you? :rolleyes:

I do not know the machinations of the Red Bull and STR team and don't pretend I do - but in no way do I believe their fluctuations in performance between this year and last has to do with the efforts of one driver. The same way that I do not believe the differences between the SA and Honda teams were down purely to the drivers. It is not hard to understand that if one team of engineers gets the most out of a chassis one year, does not mean they will extract the most out of a different chassis the following year.

Sorry but I'm not sure what exactly is the logic of the above phrases, so I find it a bit rich from you to ask me to explain something that to me sounds like nonsense based on nothing else but Webber fanboyism.

You tell me - it is your logic, not mine.

But since you can't have someone argue with you without you throwing the fanboy label out, there is no point.

ioan
6th October 2009, 09:10
I do not know the machinations of the Red Bull and STR team and don't pretend I do - but in no way do I believe their fluctuations in performance between this year and last has to do with the efforts of one driver.

Believe it or not the only factor that changed between the two cars is one man, Vettel.

You tell me - it is your logic, not mine.

I'm sure that I expressed my idea in a much more eloquent and logic phrase than what you threw up there.

But since you can't have someone argue with you without you throwing the fanboy label out, there is no point.

Truth hurts , eh?

Knock-on
6th October 2009, 09:51
Vettel drove a pretty faultless race, Trulli was solid and Hamilton drove his heart out again (as we've come to expect).

However, I have to give it to Kovy for that pass :D

Dave B
6th October 2009, 10:09
Truth hurts , eh?
I learned that trick in debating class, the same day they taught us "liar liar pants on fire" and "yeah well your mum smells worse". There was the option of an advanced module where they'd teach you the gesture for "whatever" but I was off sick that day.

Knock-on
6th October 2009, 10:13
I learned that trick in debating class, the same day they taught us "liar liar pants on fire" and "yeah well your mum smells worse". There was the option of an advanced module where they'd teach you the gesture for "whatever" but I was off sick that day.

Oi! Wotchit!!

My Dads bigger than your dad.... 'cause he is!!!

Garry Walker
6th October 2009, 13:00

Vettel is the DOTD for you whatever he does.

1)Mark Webber did not take part in qualifying and then his headrest came loose twice in the first 3 laps and they had to tape it together. Yeah, he sure had a chance to win that race.

STR is not as good a car as Red Bull, they dont have as many updates nor the technical personell.
Despite that, STR cars were very fast at Suzuka.
But Buemi had a problem in the start and then his car failed after some laps.
Hard to get points when your car is failing you, even if it is really fast.

You are living in a totally different dimension. Unbelieveable fanboyism.
And you complained a little while back that people cant view things from a neutral point of view. Wow.

Believe it or not the only factor that changed between the two cars is one man, Vettel.

You would believe that.

jas123f1
6th October 2009, 13:15
Vettel - of course - a great rive of a great guy.. :) I like his style more and more ..

Kimi made a strong driver too .. as usually.. with a not that good car.. (ask Fisi :)

ioan
6th October 2009, 14:22
Am I right in thinking from the logic displayed here that nothing has changed in both RBR and STR regarding development since the beginning of 2008? Vettel is the only component that has made a difference between the two teams and performance is effectively a minor factor... :confused:
Wow this will be a first in F1 in my experience when you look at the development carried out by Mclaren, Brawn, Renault etc etc...

Talking through your wrong end?
RBR and STR both get the same chassis. Interesting enough in 2008 and 2009 the team that had a certain driver in the cockpit did much better than the other. Some of you will say it's a coincidence, I say it's because the driver is a really fast one.

Maybe you guys will finally come up with those factors none of you were yet able to show that make this year's RBR a much better car than the STR. :/

ioan
6th October 2009, 14:25
Vettel is the DOTD for you whatever he does.

Who said that?

I give DOTR to whoever drives well, and you can go check the previous threads to see that.
Or is that you can't read and just make up things as you go?!

I'm glad that now as Kimi will be out of Ferrari next season I won't have to put up with your garbage in the Ferrari threads anymore.

ioan
6th October 2009, 14:37
Vettel is a great racer and I'm sure he takes with him motivation. I gather from your last statement that you have the factors that suggest the car is equally as good? I'll be honest I don't know which car is better, but I also don't particularly care :)

What I suggest is that other than the engine the cars are basically the same.
Given that the Ferrari engine is regarded to be slightly better than the Renault, you can not say that the STR is a worse car than the RBR.

So what exactly you and theugsquirel are talking about when you say that the RBR is a better car and the reason why Vettel is doing better?!
Let it out I want some hard facts from you for once.

jens
6th October 2009, 15:09
About that STR vs RBR 08 vs 09 "mystery":

With the previous set of rules it took STR actually quite long to reach the heights they experienced in late-08. In '06, '07 and the first half of '08 STR was inferior to RBR. Now with completely new set of rules in 2009 it all starts from zero again and STR has again a lot of catch-up to do in the long run with parent company's main focus being on RBR.

Garry Walker
6th October 2009, 17:47
I'm glad that now as Kimi will be out of Ferrari next season I won't have to put up with your garbage in the Ferrari threads anymore.

It is funny how Massa is still my favourite driver a little bit over Kimi, but your fanboy attitude towards him and refusal to accept that he could make any mistakes and me calling you out on those, have given you an impression that I am a kimi fanboy.