PDA

View Full Version : New Official WRC Console Game Announced

steve_spackman
2nd October 2009, 21:14

" Fans of the FIA World Rally Championship will soon be able to get closer to the action after it was announced today that a new official WRC console game is now under development and scheduled for launch in 2010. "

/http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/21125/New-Official-WRC-Console-Game-Announced/

lcd
3rd October 2009, 06:42
Great find steve!
Finally, WRC Is back In gaming!!! :)

pino
3rd October 2009, 08:03
Great news indeed, let's hope it will be a quality game, if you know what I mean...

I am evil Homer
3rd October 2009, 09:40
If it can combine the car physics of WRC5 with the stage lengths of WRC3 I will be very happy!

pino
3rd October 2009, 10:36
If it can combine the car physics of WRC5 with the stage lengths of WRC3 I will be very happy!

Also add Dirt2 graphics ;)

Allyc85
4th October 2009, 07:31
Looking forward to this :D

lcd
4th October 2009, 09:39
It would be a great game!
Fully lisenced and approved by FIA!
For the first time ever, available for all systems : consoles/pc!!! :bounce:
What's left to ask for..?

steve_spackman
4th October 2009, 11:16
It would be a great game!
Fully lisenced and approved by FIA!
For the first time ever, available for all systems : consoles/pc!!! :bounce:
What's left to ask for..?

Long stages, the entire WRC calender, all WRC teams and of course running the game over XBOX LIVE??

306 Cosworth
4th October 2009, 18:27
It'll be crap.

bennizw
4th October 2009, 19:26
What makes you say that already now? :p :

Allyc85
4th October 2009, 19:51
Well codemasters will have nothing to do with it so thats a big bonus :D

Is this a new developer for the WRC game or is it the same as the old one?

AndyRAC
4th October 2009, 20:03
Well codemasters will have nothing to do with it so thats a big bonus :D

Is this a new developer for the WRC game or is it the same as the old one?

Evolution Studios did the old games. From waht I've read it will be an Italian studio making it - they do the SBK and MotoGP games, but I can't remember their name.

At the moment, I can't see it being that successful - what season are they basing it on? There's only 2 Manufacturers teams, how are they going to 'pad it out'?

Just hope they use 'classic' cars from the past.

Bruce D
5th October 2009, 06:51
The developer is Black Bean and Milestone. Most people seem to think thats a bad thing but I look at how they made SBK 2008 and all its faults and then made SBK2009 which was so much better and I have hope for this game. They have a great graphics engine already so at least that side should be sorted. And I've played the demo and didn't think V8 Superstars was as bad as people said it was, yes it wasn't brilliant, but not totally arcade, so lets see what these guys can do. They're also the first game makers I've seen who put up a survey for people to fill in and are now developing their next game according to the findings of that one.

Like I've said once before: RBR physics + Rally Championship 2000 stages = the ultimate rally game.

Can you imagine that 46km Pundershaw with RBR physics!

Francis44
5th October 2009, 10:09
Very good news indeed!!!!

I am evil Homer
5th October 2009, 10:50
Like I've said once before: RBR physics + Rally Championship 2000 stages = the ultimate rally game.

Can you imagine that 46km Pundershaw with RBR physics!

I can imagine my eyes, legs and arms hurting!!!

lcd
5th October 2009, 10:50
...At the moment, I can't see it being that successful - what season are they basing it on? There's only 2 Manufacturers teams, how are they going to 'pad it out'?

WRC Isn't just the cars/manufacturers...It's the whole feeling!
It's also about locations, challenging surfaces, unpredictable weather, stuff like that!
I suppose they Include cars from previous seasons too. I wouldn't mind If this game follows
an Imaginery schedule and not the real one, as long the philosophy remains near WRC!
I'm looking forward to this, so stop looking for substitute rally games ( ...like DiRT2 )

I am evil Homer
5th October 2009, 10:51
If they combined current WRC teams, plus N4 and S1600 it could work...so long as you coudl race each class within the rally and try and embarass the AI in a Clio...as you could with the Saxo/Civic in Rally Championship :D

Francis44
5th October 2009, 10:56
My only fear is Evolution Studios not making it. Black Bean games haven't done much racing games so i fear!!!!

lcd
5th October 2009, 11:03
My only fear is Evolution Studios not making it. Black Bean games haven't done much racing games so i fear!!!!

I share your worries, but FIA would never trusted a company
unless was sure of Its capabilities! Official games usually have quality. ;)

Bruce D
5th October 2009, 11:52
See my comments on the F1 2009 video LCD! ;)

Get the demo of SBK09 (or just get the whole game) and you'd be less worried about Black Bean. As Allyc85 said, Codemasters aren't doing it so thats a relief, and neither are the guys that made NFS Sh*t

lcd
5th October 2009, 12:22
See my comments on the F1 2009 video LCD! ;)

I think this Is from wii version-The console version would look much better!

As Allyc85 said, Codemasters aren't doing it so thats a relief...

I agree, but I think that's a matter of licenses mostly...
I guess CM have the experience to make a decent rally game;they just
want to earn more money, approaching a wider audience!

Bruce D
5th October 2009, 12:45
I'm not worried about how it looks, its how the cars look like they're handling that worries me.

pino
5th October 2009, 16:35
Milestone web-site (http://www.milestone.it/eng/SuperstarsV8/SuperstarsV8.shtml)

J4MIE
5th October 2009, 20:18
Better news than nothing I suppose but I'll believe it when I see it, still RBR is the bet game for me :up:

macksrallye
6th October 2009, 03:17
Something i'd love to see in this game is a career mode simular to the one on the old F1 games. Start out as an N4 or S1600 driver & work you way through up to be hire by a factory team & winning the world championship.

The game must have s1600, s2000, n4, groupB and groupA cars on it to make it at all interesting.

Bruce D
6th October 2009, 06:46
Well everyone is begging them for a career mode in the SBK game, which apparently they are working on, so hopefully the rally game will have it.

lcd
6th October 2009, 08:30
Some new update: :bounce:

http://playground.moddingway.com/news/355.html

lcd
6th October 2009, 08:49
Developers website:
http://www.blackbeangames.com/

AndyRAC
6th October 2009, 09:20
Something i'd love to see in this game is a career mode simular to the one on the old F1 games. Start out as an N4 or S1600 driver & work you way through up to be hire by a factory team & winning the world championship.

The game must have s1600, s2000, n4, groupB and groupA cars on it to make it at all interesting.

What about having a scenario for pay drivers? And forgetting the career mode? Then it would be realistic..... ;)

Francis44
6th October 2009, 11:02

Do not start hyping up the game when you haven't really even seen a screenshot of it, wait for more info!!!!

I did that with other games and then it dissapointed so know i just wait for information to come and then start hyping it, if you start now you will have to high expectations!!!!

dcr22B
6th October 2009, 13:01
Finally, looks like I will be deciding on a PS3 in June next year and my G25 can come out of hibernation.

lcd
6th October 2009, 17:44
Do not start hyping up the game when you haven't really even seen a screenshot of it, wait for more info!!!!

I did that with other games and then it dissapointed...

Personally, I trust FIA a lot when It's about WRC series!
They'd never give the rights to a developer, If they weren't
absolutely certain about Its capabilities!

Josti
7th October 2009, 00:52
Well, it's nice to see a proper rallying game being developed again. I thourely enjoyed the WRC series from the 1st until the 4th edition, including the great use of music, and especially playing it with a steering wheel.

I guess if it's due to release in 2010, they base it on the same year (just like the others), but it's an utter shame the real championship is in such poor shape right now. I mean, WRC II was great, you could choose 7 different manufacturers and quite a lot of drivers (even up to good old Stig Blomqvist in a Skoda)!

I hope it turns out great. Rallying needs a good game again, especially after what happened to the Colin McRae series.

Josti
7th October 2009, 01:30

V-Rally 3 pretty much did this. You make your way trough several S1600 cars before getting a contract to drive a World Rally Car. It was pretty fun to play.

macksrallye
7th October 2009, 02:28

I did that with other games and then it dissapointed so know i just wait for information to come and then start hyping it, if you start now you will have to high expectations!!!!

Maybe what I said has come across wrong. I'm not trying to hype up the game simply stating that something I would enjoy in a WRC oriented game (whatever game that may be) is a career type mode. Stating those cars was also just stating something i'd like to see in the game.

MakinenLoeb
7th October 2009, 03:49
yes! i can't wait, the last WRC game i played was Evolved.

Frozzy
7th October 2009, 15:03
i hope for a Dirt2 two style where there are other cars on the stage at the same time as you and as has already been mentioned "Classic" cars like the Audi Lancia etc. and if it not too much a Paint your own livery mode wher you can design and drive with it.
and plenty of DLC stages and rallies please

lcd
10th October 2009, 09:03
Just got a response from Head of PR (Black Beans) asking If they Intent
to start up a forum so rally gamers to visit and keep up with all latest news about the new WRC title.

Here's the actual reply:

'...Thank you very much for your email,
it’s a pleasure to receive such a wonderful feedback form customers.
We’re planning lots of activitiers on this title, but I can not reveal anything at this stage.
Keep on monitoring our communication and I’m sure you won’t be upset.
Thank you very much...'

pino
10th October 2009, 09:53
It would be great to have a forum where we could get info about the game and we could post our wishes and discuss about this game. Hopefully they will create one soon :D

steve_spackman
10th October 2009, 23:37
What about having a scenario for pay drivers? And forgetting the career mode? Then it would be realistic..... ;)

:D

lcd
11th October 2009, 08:42
Any guesses, which season the new WRC game will cover?
Will It be, the 2009 season or the 2010?
Hope It's the current season, so Acropolis rally Is Included..! :D

dcr22B
12th October 2009, 12:19
Any guesses, which season the new WRC game will cover?
Will It be, the 2009 season or the 2010?
Hope It's the current season, so Acropolis rally Is Included..! :D Same with me, would really love to drive Rally ireland.

MrJan
12th October 2009, 12:31
Just looked at the website and I believe that this game will be awful. Has anyone played that V8 Superstars game that they did? It was like a bad PS2 game, graphics were woeful, sound was poor and handling was limp. I downloaded the demo on Live and deleted after half a lap because it was so bad.

Bruce D
12th October 2009, 12:51
Yes but SBK09 is brilliant in the physics and graphics so give them a chance. Rallying is a different thing altogether

MrJan
12th October 2009, 13:43
I'll give them a chance but circuit 4 wheels is closer to rallying than bikes so not holding my breath, especially as the V8 thing was so far from the mark.

lcd
12th October 2009, 17:14
...would really love to drive Rally ireland.

What a great rally! So narrow, so wet, so challenging roads!
Pure rally pleasure! :up:

dcr22B
13th October 2009, 09:27
Hell yeah LCD, it would be absolutely brilliant!

pino
14th October 2009, 13:51
The game will be out in September, for more details...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36094/WRC-team-taking-on-Dirt-2

Let's see if they will do a better job than Codemasters :D

jimakos
14th October 2009, 13:54
The game will be out in September, for more details...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36094/WRC-team-taking-on-Dirt-2

So much time???
I can't wait so far...

pino
14th October 2009, 13:58
So much time???
I can't wait so far...

1 year isn't much really, and I prefere to wait a little more and have a great game, rather than get a poor game in a few months time ;)

lcd
14th October 2009, 18:48
I agree with pino! Black Bean and Milestone must not hurry...
It seems a new era for the WRC series has begun!
Licence signed for 3 years, so there will be at least 2 WRC titles
from them! I'm very optimistic though, as Black Bean seem they
want to have a successful entry In the sport! And the promotion
of the game should be strong-which Is very Important nowadays!

Bruce D
15th October 2009, 06:36
I was just impressed with the way they made SBK08, which was ok, then made SBK09 which was brilliant and a big improvement in all areas that needed improving, and now they've done a survey to find out what the customers want to make SBK10 even better. How many other gaming studios do that?

I am evil Homer
15th October 2009, 09:13
Not Codemasters....well they do then ignore all the old fans who dare to speak up about it :D

pino
15th October 2009, 10:14
Not Codemasters....well they do then ignore all the old fans who dare to speak up about it :D

I agree, there was a wishing-list thread on Dirt2 forum, where most people asked for snow tracks, some classic rallycars and some WRC (not necessarly official)...well the producers totally ignore that. :mad:

jimakos
15th October 2009, 10:36
I agree, there was a wishing-list thread on Dirt2 forum, where most people asked for snow tracks, some classic rallycars and some WRC (not necessarly official)...well the producers totally ignore that. :mad:

In Dirt2 there aren't any snow tracks :confused:
I can't believe it!!
I haven't played the game yet so don't know many things,but can't imagine a game with no snow...

dcr22B
15th October 2009, 11:44
Not Codemasters....well they do then ignore all the old fans who dare to speak up about it :D See you in 2011 for the championship again, my old team mate!

AndyRAC
15th October 2009, 11:59
Talking of Codemasters - I was playing the original Colin McRae game last night. Bloomin marvellous - RallyGB in the Renault Maxi Megane!! I'd forgotten just how good the stages Forest of Bowland/Dolgellau are.

Bruce D
15th October 2009, 12:05
I believe Codemasters ban you from their forums the minute you say one little thing unkind about their work.

jimakos
15th October 2009, 12:07
I believe Codemasters ban you from their forums the minute you say one little thing unkind about their work.

:rotflmao: :D

bennizw
29th November 2009, 17:50
Is there anything new on this game?

Rallyper
7th December 2009, 14:24
Why isnīt the Richard Burns Rally developed any furhter (you know, new stages, even better dynaMICS, NEW CARS)?? :confused:

That would be the only game on the market if they only did upgrade it!! :p :

Macd
7th December 2009, 17:11
Why isnīt the Richard Burns Rally developed any furhter (you know, new stages, even better dynaMICS, NEW CARS)?? :confused:

Because burns died in '05

NeverKnow
7th December 2009, 18:01
I think it's more to do about rally sim kind of games not being very profitable. So most companies won't even bother with them.

lcd
7th December 2009, 18:29
...So most companies won't even bother with them.

Seems that only FIA has the power and will (...and the money)
to make a new rally game nowdays! :D

Japé
7th December 2009, 18:42
If there is going to be a new WRC game, it should be from Group B era. That would defenitely sold well..

Macd
7th December 2009, 19:07
A game based on only the current WRC will be boring as hell. Hope fully this will include plenty of other years and cars like Group A and B

Bruce D
8th December 2009, 05:50
*Living in dream world*

Ah, "WRC 1980 to 2010 - 30 years of sideways magic"

Can you imagine the car list for that game alone?

*Dreaming ends*

lcd
8th December 2009, 06:28
A game based on only the current WRC will be boring as hell. Hope fully this will include plenty of other years and cars like Group A and B

I agree, but ( ...I know, there Is always a but ) I don't see It happening! :(

Rallyper
9th December 2009, 15:51
Because burns died in '05

Of course I know, but the game doesnīt need to end because of that?

Still we have CMR, right? ;)

And RBR is by lightyears better! :cool:

pettersolberg29
9th December 2009, 18:27
On http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80503 :

Long explained that as ISC also provides the WRC's timing and satellite tracking systems, it can transfer live data from the stages to online gaming.

"From September next year we'll be back in the gaming marketplace," he said. "We haven't been there since 2005. For the rally fans, they've been short-changed. There is no definitive rally video game out there right now, so we're going to come back with a bang, delivering the ultimate in off-road racing.

"This will be all of the official cars on all of the official tracks, and because we own and deliver the timing systems and all of the satellite GPRS solutions, we're able to give you the real version of rallying, delivered to your gaming platform.

"The holy grail is to deliver a real, simultaneous live race experience where you'll be able to go after Sebastien Loeb at the same time on the same stage, and compare your performance against his. In addition you'll be able to have his live on-board camera footage integrated into the live game-play experience."

Paul Hembery, motorsport boss of WRC tyre partner Pirelli, believes the video game plans fit well with ISC's ambitions to restructure rallying's feeder series.

Rallyper
9th December 2009, 18:50
Wow!

pettersolberg29
9th December 2009, 20:35
I agree - it looks, nay, sounds, brilliant!

bennizw
9th December 2009, 20:58
Sounds nice, but maybe a little too optimistic, even for todays technical possibilities?

Bruce D
10th December 2009, 05:51
Sounds like a LOT of downloading to me. Besides, you'd need to download each stage and its conditions on the day otherwise they're irrelevant. Rather just give us good AI, like RBR.

I am evil Homer
10th December 2009, 09:30
I agree...I don't want to race Loeb after he's done a stage...I want a console game that delivers decent AI, changeable weather and realistic car physics. decent in car replays would however be welcome maybe with some commentary

lcd
10th December 2009, 10:18
...decent in car replays would however be welcome maybe with some commentary

Homer, never thought of It before, but Is sounds FANTASTIC! :)

Simmi
10th December 2009, 13:16
Sounds nice, but maybe a little too optimistic, even for todays technical possibilities?

Exactly what I thought. To perfectly model a WRC stage so that a player can have a comparable experience to a driver is going to be impossible at this stage I'd say.

The physical demands on the developer will be immense. It would mean going and physically recreating a stage with every corner. Plus it would require rally organisers to confirm the routes and exact stage specifications over a year in advance. And they want to do this for every round! Just not realistic and a complete pipe dream.

Just concentrate on getting a good handling game and all the core elements in place before you start trying to revolutionise the game industry.

306 Cosworth
13th December 2009, 18:39
"This will be all of the official cars

WOW 2 CARS!! C4 & FOCUS!

pettersolberg29
13th December 2009, 19:36
I hope, and assume, that it will include S2000 cars and GpN cars as well. As they are all in the WRC this year.

Macd
13th December 2009, 19:51
What would be awesome is if they included a LOT of national championships and stages. Eg. British, Irish, French, Polish, Dutch etc...

Howie2010
15th December 2009, 16:06

Because they didnt sell enough, all of the developers have new jobs, and companies are scared to do full realistic sims...

I know some of the people who worked on RBR. Unfortunately they didnt market the game correctly, all the reviewers were biased as CMR was 'realistic' and best out there, and didnt understand how realistic RBR was and basically said it wasnt good.

Ive posted at CM DIRT forums asking if people would be interested in pre-paying $20 for the old team to develop a new RBR, and many are interested, and Im sure I could get enough interest to fund development. The problem now is they all have other jobs and no time :(

So we are stuck with the grace of the few who do mod and update RBR... if only one of them could hack the code completely and make it up to date with new PC Graphics quality...

Really a shame!

Macd
15th December 2009, 16:13
Because they didnt sell enough, all of the developers have new jobs, and companies are scared to do full realistic sims...

I know some of the people who worked on RBR. Unfortunately they didnt market the game correctly, all the reviewers were biased as CMR was 'realistic' and best out there, and didnt understand how realistic RBR was and basically said it wasnt good.

Ive posted at CM DIRT forums asking if people would be interested in pre-paying $20 for the old team to develop a new RBR, and many are interested, and Im sure I could get enough interest to fund development. The problem now is they all have other jobs and no time :(

So we are stuck with the grace of the few who do mod and update RBR... if only one of them could hack the code completely and make it up to date with new PC Graphics quality...

Really a shame!

I'm willing to donate a hell of a lot more than $20 if there is a game like that going to come out of it. Having a say in how that game is developed would be awesome

bennizw
15th December 2009, 16:38
I would gladly donate a lot more than 20$ for a game of that caliper again.
Any chance of persuaying them?

Howie2010
15th December 2009, 16:48
Heh, unless we can gather enough to get them out of their day jobs, I seriously doubt it :(

So depressing....

But Ill pass on the support...

Howie2010
15th December 2009, 17:29
Oh and another question, lol, sorry have alot!

Is there a MOD database somewhere, with every new mod and track etc on one page that is easily accessable?
I know of Blackhole, but it seems like they have links (rapidshare, etc) that are outdated or not accessable.
I have webspace and dont mind making a webpage thats much cleaner and easier to access than crawling through forums and old links if anyone wants to help me gather the tracks/mods, etc ...unless one exists?

oh and anyone know the guys who run Blackhole? I registered weeks ago but havent been approved and would love to post there...cheers!

CHEERS!

Macd
15th December 2009, 18:06
Blackhole is abandoned by admins. I think after a month accounts are auto approved. http://www.rallyesim.fr is the best one for rbr. Its even better if you have basic french. Dont forget to sign up for the rbr season on this forum ;)

Howie2010
15th December 2009, 18:09
it is? damn... no wonder no replies... and seems like no one uploads there anymore...
hmm dont speak french but know french people to tranlsate ;)
so again would it be good if i made a page for peoplle to upload and serve mods and tracks?

sperger
15th December 2009, 18:16
A lot of the RSRBR pages have a translator box that you can use or you can use google translate. A lot of the site is in french and English, the important bits at least. Where there's a will there's a way ;)

bennizw
15th December 2009, 21:15
You should definitly wait until you get your account auto-approved. I think you might gain a lot of support if you made a topic about a money gather for those who made RBR. Who knows, if you make contact with enough forums, maybe we can get a new game some day :)

Langdale Forest
5th January 2010, 19:58
I don't belive that they will ever make another WRC game.

If they do will it be on PS3?

bennizw
5th January 2010, 21:43
I don't belive that they will ever make another WRC game.

If they do will it be on PS3?

We it's official that it will be released on both the PS3, XBOX 360 and PC in september, so it's going to happen!

Langdale Forest
5th January 2010, 21:47
Hope it is better than WRC Evolved.

Josti
6th January 2010, 19:54
Hope it is better than WRC Evolved.

Well, obviously it should be better, Evolved is already a five year old game by now, and this new one is produced by a different game developer also. It's predecessors were quite good though (especially part 3 and 4 of the series).

I have quite high hopes for this game, only a shame it's based on a championship in poor condition.

lcd
7th January 2010, 14:59
http://next.videogame.it/wrc-2010/81829/82221/

bennizw
7th January 2010, 15:03
Nice catch LCD! :)

lcd
7th January 2010, 15:05
...Simone Bechini: ''Our goal is to create a game that is realistic and accessible at the same time. We don't want to take the path towards the "extreme simulator"; in that case the game would be enjoyable just by the most experts among the gamers or by the professional drivers themselves.''

Wonder what that means... :confused:

Francis44
7th January 2010, 19:10
I really cannot wait to play it, looking foward to the release!!!!

Langdale Forest
7th January 2010, 21:15
...Simone Bechini: ''Our goal is to create a game that is realistic and accessible at the same time. We don't want to take the path towards the "extreme simulator"; in that case the game would be enjoyable just by the most experts among the gamers or by the professional drivers themselves.''

Wonder what that means... :confused:

If it is like WRC4 but with better graphics and all new stages it will be amazing.

lcd
8th January 2010, 07:10
If it is like WRC4 but with better graphics and all new stages it will be amazing.

If It's like WRC4, I'll be very happy... ;)

pino
8th January 2010, 08:41
I am sure it will be much better than WRC4 which still is a great game, the best made by Evolution Studios :up:

lcd
8th January 2010, 08:49
Oh man, remember that time, spent countless hours to beat FoiniII (Cyprus) WR!!!
Never did It though! :D

lcd
24th January 2010, 09:38
Just found this...
http://blog.milestone.it/

Langdale Forest
24th January 2010, 19:11
That has nothing to do with the new WRC game.

Allyc85
24th January 2010, 19:48
But it will do, once they have enough to show off :)

Francis44
3rd February 2010, 07:45
First pic of the game....

http://rallyehq.com/photos/WRC-2010-Game/WRC%202010%20computer%20game%20screenshot.jpg

And info.... http://www.rallybuzz.com/wrc-2010-video-game-screenshot/

lcd
3rd February 2010, 08:10
You made my day Francis...! :)

lcd
3rd February 2010, 08:53
Wonder If those 13 locations are the 2009 or 2010 calendar...
Any guess?

Francis44
3rd February 2010, 10:26
Wonder If those 13 locations are the 2009 or 2010 calendar...
Any guess?

I guess they might be doing 2010 calendar, although with changes here and there since they want to release the game before the championship is finished.

pino
3rd February 2010, 11:52
You made my day too Francis, thanks :D

bennizw
3rd February 2010, 13:57
They will absolutely be basing it on the 2010 season. The five previous games were always based on the season they were released in. The screenshot itself didnīt look good, but I expect it is an early render.

Francis44
3rd February 2010, 17:28
More info.

http://www.rallybuzz.com/fia-wrc-2010-videogame-details/ .

Langdale Forest
3rd February 2010, 17:43
What rally is that photo of?

Francis44
7th February 2010, 13:29
Behind the scenes look at the game:

http://www.rallybuzz.com/wrc-2010-game-preview-video/ .

Langdale Forest
7th February 2010, 13:41
Looks good but it will be more like an arcade game than a rally simulation from what I can see.

GigiGalliNo1
8th February 2010, 03:58
Looks good but it will be more like an arcade game than a rally simulation from what I can see.

That's what i'm thinking!

lcd
8th February 2010, 06:56
Looks promising...

EavesFan09
8th February 2010, 10:11
Out for the PC?

306 Cosworth
9th February 2010, 19:23
I get the feeling this game will be rubbish physics wise :s

Langdale Forest
9th February 2010, 20:01
Probably next to impossible to controll, like Prorally 2002.

MrJan
9th February 2010, 20:43
I get the feeling this game will be rubbish

Yup, but we'll probably all buy it anyway :S

Langdale Forest
9th February 2010, 20:58
I might buy it if I get an Xbox, otherwise I will continue to play Colin McRae Rally 2005 as I have not completed that yet even after 5 years!.

AndyRAC
9th February 2010, 21:09
All they need to do is look at WRC 2,3,4 and combine all the best bits of each. Add lots of cars, WRC, S2000, S1600, Historic, Classic, etc
Sim mode, Arcade mode.

306 Cosworth
10th February 2010, 18:44
Yup, but we'll probably all buy it anyway :S

I'll rent it first! Will have to see if GT5 arrives before this though otherwise it won't get played at all!

MrJan
10th February 2010, 21:21
I'll rent it first! Will have to see if GT5 arrives before this though otherwise it won't get played at all!

We'll be living on the bloody moon before GT5 gets released :laugh: :p

306 Cosworth
11th February 2010, 22:47
We'll be living on the bloody moon before GT5 gets released :laugh: :p

Scary thing is, they're already talking about a GT6!!

Bruce D
12th February 2010, 05:55
Does that mean they've stuffed up 5 before they've even released it. You know you've been developing a game too long when you start talking about the following one before release date.

Mixa
13th February 2010, 12:29
I really cant wait to see how the new WRC game will be and atleast I hope it will be out before the GT5. I pretty much liked to the previous editions and this one will be done with the new team and so on. I just hope them would get out a decent product what is fun to play for and not too arcade.

Of course it would be nice to get some classic rally cars or other classes than WRC to the game too but I somehow think it may not be possible. One possibility of course is what many does these days.. I mean publishing new cars and liveries as add ons.

What cars the people who are going to get this has been thinking to use the most? I know its way too early to talk about this but I guess Iīll be a Citroen driver using the most of Ogier. I guess Rautenbach will be my 1st pick if he makes it to the 2010 WRC season.

pino
27th February 2010, 07:25
WRC to be the subject of innovative video game concept development :

http://www.real-timeracing.com/news.aspx?node=20619&title=iopener-announces-official-cooperation-with-wrc

Bruce D
1st March 2010, 05:55
I guess Rautenbach will be my 1st pick if he makes it to the 2010 WRC season.

Sorry man, he's doing the South African Rally Championship this year, no signs of a WRC deal.

lcd
3rd May 2010, 07:44
Blackbean site short of updated...(finally!!!)

http://www.blackbeangames.com/

bennizw
3rd May 2010, 08:21
No, it has been like this for many months now.

lcd
3rd May 2010, 09:11
No, it has been like this for many months now.

What are they waiting for, to get It perkier and start a forum...?
We're just some months before the release of the game...

Francis44
3rd May 2010, 09:43
We might see the game in action this E3, with Ken Block joining the sport and Kimi, suddently America is a big market for this game too, altough Europe still is the main focuse of the developers, atleast I hope it is.

And I think it's time to release some in-game pictures and release footage, the release date isn't that fair away and it's time to start building up hype.

lcd
3rd May 2010, 10:05
...suddently America is a big market for this game too...

Only In developers mind... ;) The US gonna need some more years to get Into the wrc spirit!

MrJan
3rd May 2010, 19:40
Only In developers mind... ;) The US gonna need some more years to get Into the wrc spirit!

I thought that Dirt2 was huge in the US? I'm expecting the release date to get pushed back a bit TBH

lcd
4th May 2010, 08:28
I thought that Dirt2 was huge in the US?...

DiRT2 had high sales In the US, but was never considered as a rally game...

MrJan
4th May 2010, 12:20
DiRT2 had high sales In the US, but was never considered as a rally game...

Not by rally fans, the general gaming market think of it as a rallying game and that's what's important.

With the success of DiRT it provides a good base for a WRC game as long as they advertise it right.

9th May 2010, 23:12
Hey yall!! I'm doing a graduate thesis project on NASCAR and was hoping that you guys would participate!! The survey below only takes about 5 minutes to complete. Thanks :) http://clemson.qualtrics.com//SE?SID=SV_24CN4PaGo4p66QA&SVID= (http://clemson.qualtrics.com//SE?SID=SV_24CN4PaGo4p66QA&SVID=)

Francis44
13th June 2010, 21:31
Any new news about this?!

E3 starts tomorrow so I would expect some news and some gameplay footage as the game should be released in September and that isn't that fair away.

Does someone know if Milestone is going to be at E3?! It opens tomorrow so I would love to see something.

JRodrigues
13th June 2010, 21:38
The best thing they should do is get the guys from Richard Burns Rally and put them making the game.

Macd
13th June 2010, 21:56
The best thing they should do is get the guys from Richard Burns Rally and put them making the game.

The best thing they can do is take RBR and put more stages in it with modern cars :)