PDA

View Full Version : Can Brawn clinch both the WDC and WCC in this race

harsha
2nd October 2009, 10:30
title says it all.....

can Button wrap up the championship this race...Brawn getting the constructors this year is almost guaranteed imo

Dave B
2nd October 2009, 10:34
Button will be champion if...

* He finishes 1st, and Barrichello finishes lower than 3rd.
* He finishes 2nd, and Barrichello finishes lower than 5th.
* He finishes 3rd, and Barrichello finishes lower than 7th.
* He finishes 4th, and Barrichello does not score.

And Knock-on's abacus worked out that:

Brawn will be constructors' champions if they score 12 or more or if RB fail to score more than 7 points more than them I think.

Personally I think it'll go down to Abu Dhabi.

harsha
2nd October 2009, 10:37
I think both the brawns will struggle to score any points this race...esp with the tyre warming issues that both of them seem to be having....

Knock-on
2nd October 2009, 10:39
Button will be champion if...

* He finishes 1st, and Barrichello finishes lower than 3rd.
* He finishes 2nd, and Barrichello finishes lower than 5th.
* He finishes 3rd, and Barrichello finishes lower than 7th.
* He finishes 4th, and Barrichello does not score.

And Knock-on's abacus worked out that:

Personally I think it'll go down to Abu Dhabi.

Cor! You beat AndyL to it :D

:laugh:

555-04Q2
2nd October 2009, 11:21
title says it all.....

can Button wrap up the championship this race...Brawn getting the constructors this year is almost guaranteed imo

NO! We want some excitement right to the last race please :) (sorry Button fans)

Sleeper
2nd October 2009, 11:55
He could, but I dont think he will.

F1boat
2nd October 2009, 15:37
Yes and hopefully they will do it. According to James Allen Brawn will be right behind RBR when the track dries. Hopefully he is right, this may be enough.

Steve2009
2nd October 2009, 15:45
I think they will clinch the constructors. I don’t think Jenson will wrap up the WDC this week.
But it is a distinct possibility.
Rubens is going to do everything in his power to continue this fight in Brazil! :eek:

UltimateDanGTR
2nd October 2009, 16:08
Brawn have a 42.5 point lead in the WCC, all they need is 36. They can clinch the WCC in Japan IMO, and if they dont its pretty likely they do it in Brazil.

as for WDC, the difference between Button and Vettel is 25 points. I dont think Button will become world champion this weekend, the gap needed would be too big, but I think that this weekend we will be able to confirm a Brawn driver will be world champion, whoever that be. there need be a 21 point gap between button and vettel for that to happen, i believe thats quite possible, as i think red bull wont win this weekend, but podium contenders, and kimi will win.

christophulus
2nd October 2009, 17:17
I'm pretty sure that Brawn will be constructors champion this weekend.. if only for the irony of it occurring in Honda's back yard!

I'm hoping Barrichello can close the gap to Button this race and put the pressure on him "at home" in Brazil.. now that should be good to watch!