http://twitter.com/noblef1

Just for Friday Practice at the moment.

Dave B
2nd October 2009, 06:16
Will anybody notice?

gloomyDAY
2nd October 2009, 07:10
We all know this story is hogwash.

Timo probably sneezed on the flight over from Singapore and was allowed to "rest" before Q.

Will anybody notice?Burn! :devil:

gm99
2nd October 2009, 09:40
What a lucky coincidence that a Japanese driver gets to make his debut in the Japanese GP :p

Dave B
2nd October 2009, 10:38
John Howett didn't exactly sound overjoyed with Timo in this interview:

I think he did a fantastic job in Singapore and we are talking to him, but honestly speaking we feel that could have been that result in other races if we could qualify in that position. I am sorry, it is a very tough life, and our job is to deliver results.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79112

I am evil Homer
2nd October 2009, 10:40
Ha ha...yeah not that the car is a piece of !

BeansBeansBeans
2nd October 2009, 10:56
I doubt we'll see Glock in a Toyota again this season.

MrJan
2nd October 2009, 11:18
Is Keyser Soze his crew chief?

jens
2nd October 2009, 12:47
The odd thing is that Jarno was feeling unwell after Singapore as well. The team has collectively caught some viruses? :p :

Dave B
2nd October 2009, 13:11
We all know this story is hogwash.

Timo probably sneezed on the flight over from Singapore and was allowed to "rest" before Q.

Burn! :devil:

What a lucky coincidence that a Japanese driver gets to make his debut in the Japanese GP :p

Oh he's really ill: Lee McKenzie says so (http://twitter.com/LeeMcK/statuses/4549329741), so it must be true!

For all you cynics out there - I interviewed a pretty unwell Glock yesterday. He has air-con flu. Pretty sure he'll be back tomorrow

Sonic
2nd October 2009, 13:59
Well seeing as no one else is saying it, I will;

Go Kobay! :D

Seriously, I think this guy has a future (even with his pants GP2 season) and I expect him to fill a Toyota seat next year.

harsha
2nd October 2009, 15:01
er...swine flu :D

UltimateDanGTR
2nd October 2009, 16:13
Well seeing as no one else is saying it, I will;

Go Kobay! :D

Seriously, I think this guy has a future (even with his pants GP2 season) and I expect him to fill a Toyota seat next year.

id like to see this kobayashi guy, and maybe i can learn his first name-i honestly cant remmeber what it is! :D

i have a feeling he'll just be another kazuki, but another rookie always makes things interesting!

tmx
2nd October 2009, 16:23
I wouldn't mine being just another Kazuki, much better than my day job.

woody2goody
2nd October 2009, 17:39
He did well in the practice sessions, was very quick on the damp track in the middle of practice 1.

Hope Glock gets better for the race, but if he doesn't then I'm sure Kobayashi will do a good job :)

Sonic
2nd October 2009, 19:01
id like to see this kobayashi guy, and maybe i can learn his first name-i honestly cant remmeber what it is! :D

Kamui :)

Got a decent pedigree in the lower formula's including a few championships - plus he's got a kick as$ name! What more could you want?

UltimateDanGTR
2nd October 2009, 20:31
Kamui :)

Got a decent pedigree in the lower formula's including a few championships - plus he's got a kick as$ name! What more could you want?

a nice hat? :)

he has got a cool name actually, Kamui Kobayashi, beats the name Timo Glock IMO! come to think of it, a few drivers have really cool names; Raikkonen, Fernando, Kovalainen, Algesuari, Kobayashi.

not as good as Jeremy Clarksons idea for a cool name though; Velosiraptor Clintthrust! :D

anyways, this is his chance to prove himself if Glock is still unwell, he sure knows that, and i wish him all the best.

Koz
2nd October 2009, 21:12
How can any name be cooler then Glock? It's unfathomable!

keysersoze
2nd October 2009, 22:23
Is Keyser Soze his crew chief?

Mine name is Verbal. People say I talk too much. :D

UltimateDanGTR
3rd October 2009, 07:58
shame for kobayashi that he didnt get to do any more drving this weekend, But at least Glock is OK, and looks ok after his rather unexpected crash in Q2.

its just been one of those weekends so far.........

Dave B
3rd October 2009, 08:03
:!: Total speculation alert:

We don't yet know the cause of Glock's accident, but I can't help but wonder if he should have been driving today. If he was so unwell on Friday that he couldn't take part in practice, you don't suddenly become 100% fighting fit on Saturday.

woody2goody
3rd October 2009, 09:33
:!: Total speculation alert:

We don't yet know the cause of Glock's accident, but I can't help but wonder if he should have been driving today. If he was so unwell on Friday that he couldn't take part in practice, you don't suddenly become 100% fighting fit on Saturday.

I thought that after he was languishing at the back in P3 today.

His crash was similar to one that Montoya had in 05 I think, except Juan didn't go straight into the barriers I don't think.

ShiftingGears
3rd October 2009, 10:05
Ha ha...yeah not that the car is a piece of !

Of course not - are you crazy?

Toyota has the best management and technical team in the world. Their total lack of success is due to the drivers.

FACT.

Valve Bounce
3rd October 2009, 10:26
"About 20 Toyota pit staff were sent off to their hotel sick". Probably something they ate, I would hazard a guess. :eek:

BeansBeansBeans
3rd October 2009, 11:14
I doubt we'll see Glock in a Toyota again this season.

Taxi! :p :

Azumanga Davo
3rd October 2009, 13:10
"About 20 Toyota pit staff were sent off to their hotel sick". Probably something they ate, I would hazard a guess. :eek:

Humble pie is rather dangerous ;)