PDA

View Full Version : He Just Can't Help Himself Can He

ArrowsFA1
1st October 2009, 12:20
Mosley is confident that Jean Todt, his chosen man, will succeed him and dismisses as "intellectually challenged" any who accuse him of unfairly favouring the Frenchman - particularly pundits who are former drivers.

"This assumption that if you win a world championship your views are worth listening to is not true. They have driven very fast, they don't understand the complexity of the sport."

When I press him for names he says, " I do not wish to name names. Every time I say Jackie Stewart I get into trouble."

So does Mosley still consider him a half-wit? "I would rather not say, it upsets him when I say that," and with that Mosley bursts into laughter.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23749899-formula-ones-max-factor-is-still-driven-by-defiance.do

ShiftingGears
1st October 2009, 12:22
Spanky should talk less.

BeansBeansBeans
1st October 2009, 12:23
Not long to go now though.

Don't let the door slap you on the arse on your way out Max.

Steve2009
1st October 2009, 12:41
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23749899-formula-ones-max-factor-is-still-driven-by-defiance.doAs much as I'm glad ro see him go, I don't understand the relevance of the title of this thread.
JYS who I worshiped as a driver, quite frankly is an intellectual midget compared to MM
BTW you left off the final line of the paragraph in the interview you were quoting :dozey:
"He is a man who, for all the troubles of the sport, appears very much at peace with himself."
Great interview though! Thanks for sharing :up:

I am evil Homer
1st October 2009, 13:15
If he doesn't like Stewart, fine. Just don't as FIA president deningrate a former champion from F1 - it's classless and uncalled for.

ArrowsFA1
1st October 2009, 13:20
I don't understand the relevance of the title of this thread.
The relevance is directed at two particular comments by Mosley. 1) "I do not wish to name names" and 2) "I would rather not say". Why say that and yet do exactly the opposite? Because Mosley can't help himself.

JYS who I worshiped as a driver, quite frankly is an intellectual midget compared to MM
How do you measure intellect?

BTW you left off the final line of the paragraph in the interview you were quoting :dozey:
I provided the link for you to read the whole article. Glad you enjoyed it.

Steve2009
1st October 2009, 13:59
The relevance is directed at two particular comments by Mosley. 1) "I do not wish to name names" and 2) "I would rather not say". Why say that and yet do exactly the opposite? Because Mosley can't help himself.. Yes but he didn't tell the interviewer that he is still antagonizing JYS. The fact that he broke into laughter is no condemnation. He could have well just been laughing about the whole affair in general

IQ is a pretty good measure. Passing the bar is another. I'm not saying Jackie is dumb I know the man isn't. I also think Max was out of line by calling JYS a half whit. Unfortunately it happened in the heat of a disagreement (or two) at any rate you made your point. I happen to know as long as there are journalists beating his door down for interviews the subject is going to come up, and MM will never give ground!
The Journo brought it up not MM. Within the context of the article it fit just the way the journo wanted you to react!

I provided the link for you to read the whole article. Glad you enjoyed it. I did immensely :)

Knock-on
1st October 2009, 14:11
Yes but he didn't tell the interviewer that he is still antagonizing JYS. The fact that he broke into laughter is no condemnation. He could have well just been laughing about the whole affair in general

IQ is a pretty good measure. Passing the bar is another. I'm not saying Jackie is dumb I know the man isn't. I also think Max was out of line by calling JYS a half whit. Unfortunately it happened in the heat of a disagreement (or two) at any rate you made your point. I happen to know as long as there are journalists beating his door down for interviews the subject is going to come up, and MM will never give ground!
The Journo brought it up not MM. Within the context of the article it fit just the way the journo wanted you to react!

I did immensely :)

You would have got on with another member on here but he's gone to ground recently :laugh:

Max is a spiteful character that will use these sorts of occassions to belittle his enemies such as Sir Jack.

Intellectually, Max may be the better person but morally and personally is a certified halfwit compared to JYS.

Steve2009
1st October 2009, 14:13
If he doesn't like Stewart, fine. Just don't as FIA president deningrate a former champion from F1 - it's classless and uncalled for. I think the pertinant point in the article is MM didn't like former drivers (with a certain amount of F1 clout) attacking his policies, and telling him how to do his job.
Even if they were right :p :

ArrowsFA1
1st October 2009, 14:52
I think the pertinant point in the article is MM didn't like former drivers (with a certain amount of F1 clout) attacking his policies, and telling him how to do his job.
Indeed. His contempt for those who question him is all too apparent.

Ranger
1st October 2009, 15:06

For all of the criticisms levelled at Max, 'lack of intelligence' could never be one of them. Nearly all F1 journalists and past/present employees will tell you that Mosley is extremely intelligent.

He obviously has some form of psychological complex, but it has nothing to do with his intelligence.

Steve2009
1st October 2009, 15:52
He obviously has some form of psychological complex, but it has nothing to do with his intelligence.
Someone else on this forum mentioned that they hoped Rubens retires just so he can read the book.
Do you think MM will write one?

Hondo
1st October 2009, 15:58
Maybe Max was laughing because the interviewer was already talking to the next President of the FIA and didn't know it. Max hasn't gone anywhere yet.

UltimateDanGTR
1st October 2009, 16:25
we should all ignor everything mr mosley says from now on, just ignore, him, he is halfway out of the door, we just need the final slam. then bang, The FIA and F1 can be respected again. hopefully.

keysersoze
1st October 2009, 18:22
Intellectually, Max may be the better person but morally and personally is a certified halfwit compared to JYS.

Right on!

A man may have remarkable intelligence, but if he is morally bankrupt I sure as heck won't take his arrogance, either.

BDunnell
1st October 2009, 20:26
As I have said before, it would genuinely not surprise me at all if his recent travails — the tabloid scandal and the death of his son — have turned Mosley's mind somewhat. I suspect that a psychologist would have a field day with him.

BDunnell
1st October 2009, 20:27
A man may have remarkable intelligence, but if he is morally bankrupt I sure as heck won't take his arrogance, either.

Very well put indeed.

ClarkFan
1st October 2009, 23:17
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23749899-formula-ones-max-factor-is-still-driven-by-defiance.do
If Steward is a half-wit, I guess that makes Max a quarter-wit.....or a nit-wit.

;)

ClarkFan

ArrowsFA1
2nd October 2009, 08:21
If Steward is a half-wit, I guess that makes Max a quarter-wit.....or a nit-wit.

;)

ClarkFan
:laugh:

Manuel: "Ah, Mr.Fawlty, your horse, it win!"
Basil: "Shh! Manuel, you know nothing."
Manuel: "Que?"
Basil: "You know nothing."
Manuel: "I know nothing?"
Basil: "Right!" (begins to walk away)
Manuel: "You always say that, but I learn. I learn."
Basil: "No, you don't understand."
Manuel: "Si, I do!"
Basil: "No, you know nothing about the horse."
Manuel: "I know nothing about the horse."
Basil: "Exactly!"
Manuel: "Which horse I know nothing about?"
Basil: "My horse, nitwit!"
Manuel: "Your horse nitwit."
Basil: "No, Dragonfly!"
Manuel: "Ah, si si."
Basil: "Right? Forget everything you know about the horse."
Manuel: "Which horse, Dragonfly or nitwit?"
Basil: "Dragonfly! You're the nitwit!"
Manuel: "What is witnit?"
Basil: "Oh, I could be having this conversation for the rest of my life... Look, try to understand before one of us dies, ok?"

Garry Walker
3rd October 2009, 16:44
Mosley is a funny guy.

Indeed. His contempt for those who question him is all too apparent.
I think that I am very similar with Mosley in that regard.

Steve2009
13th October 2009, 06:11
1st Oct 09 07:52

Someone else on this forum mentioned that they hoped Rubens retires just so he can read the book.
Do you think MM will write one?

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/133704/Mosley-to-reveal-all-in-shocking-autobiography/
MOSLEY TO REVEAL ALL IN SHOCKING AUTOBIOGRAPHY
And I'm betting the millions he makes off this isn't going to charity
Well maybe a little. ;)

I wonder if he is going to make a tour in the states.
You know Opra, The Daily Show, Colbert Report and etc

All in all it should make for a very revealing and entertaining read :roll: :s mokin:
:rotflmao:

I can see it now! :laugh:

ArrowsFA1
16th October 2009, 11:04
Mosley is a funny guy.
Indeed. Another example from a recent interview with The Times (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article6869330.ece):

He may be charming but something tells me that crossing him might be a bad idea. Which makes me wonder, suddenly, what he will do if he doesn’t like this article. He smirks. “If I don’t like the article, I’ll ring you up and I’ll say I think I should spank you, and if you say that sounds like a lovely idea then we’ll arrange it.”
Okay, I say. See you in Chelsea? “Yes, I’ll arrange two young ladies for us,” he says. “You’re blushing.” Too bloody right I am, I laugh, and run for my life.