PDA

View Full Version : O/T "Corby tops 'yob map' of England"

SteveA
7th December 2006, 17:16
The Northamptonshire town of Corby has been named the "yob" capital of England in a spending watchdog report...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6215566.stm

Jamie Brown
7th December 2006, 17:48
i didnt think corby was a bad place

JDPower
7th December 2006, 18:09
i didnt think corby was a bad place
There speaks someone who's never lived here :D

To be fair I wouldn't have said its the worst in the country, but then I would, without doubt, be in that 48% who think theres a major problem.

And here speaks another person who clearly doesn't live in Corby:

Inspector Gary Williams, the area commander, said some people were less tolerant of youngsters than they used to be - children playing football in the street were now perceived by some people as anti-social. :rolleyes:

cgs
7th December 2006, 18:14
its not something we didn't know already. Corby sucks ass.

Tiesse
8th December 2006, 00:19
And here speaks another person who clearly doesn't live in Corby:
:rolleyes:

Some would question if he lives on this planet!

Tiesse
8th December 2006, 00:22
Maybe SCSA teams should recruit youths from Corby shopping centre for quick tyre changes in next season's pit stops!

(team branded hoodies & gold plated jewellery a must)

turn 4 mad
8th December 2006, 00:46
48% said they think theres a problem, does that actually mean its the worst place? i dont think so. may be they should do a league table of the top 10 places with the most asbo's. the 48% of people they refer to in corby are probably from the eastern european countries that now call corby "home". if corby wants to have a good name for it self it needs the help of the press, for instance if theres a murder in the town- the press print it as in corby, yet if something good happens likea race meeting its allways rms-near corby northants, its not, it was built on ex steel work land next to corby power station in corby. so its about time the press said something good about it.

Powered by Cosworth
8th December 2006, 00:51
I actually go to School in Corby (The good one :p :) and Live in the nice town next door. It's as bad as it sounds, probably worse.

There is no getting away from the fact its a town that will be forever in decline because of the ol' saying

You can take the people out of 'shizzle' but you can't take the 'shizzle' out of the people.

cgs
8th December 2006, 00:57
actually, Rockingham isn't in Corby. in order for it to be "in" Corby, it needs to be in the catchment area of Corby Council. Rockingham is actually managed by East Northamptionshire County Council, so its "near" Corby and not "in" Corby.

turn 4 mad
8th December 2006, 01:01
I actually go to School in Corby (The good one :p :) and Live in the nice town next door. It's as bad as it sounds, probably worse.

There is no getting away from the fact its a town that will be forever in decline because of the ol' saying

You can take the people out of 'shizzle' but you can't take the 'shizzle' out of the people.

if corby is such a bad place then why doesnt your parents send you to school in kettering?
the thing with people in kettering is there quick to slag corby down, but its ok to send there kids to one of the top 10 schools in the country and then get in there car and drive to work in corby.

turn 4 mad
8th December 2006, 01:05
actually, Rockingham isn't in Corby. in order for it to be "in" Corby, it needs to be in the catchment area of Corby Council. Rockingham is actually managed by East Northamptionshire County Council, so its "near" Corby and not "in" Corby.

yes its managed by east northants county council, but when the steel works were on the site they were in corby and also check the address of rockingham, its corby northamptonshire nn17 5af. corby is made up of 2 post codes, nn18 and nn17, nn18 being south of the town centre, nn17 being north of the town centre.

Powered by Cosworth
8th December 2006, 01:10
if corby is such a bad place then why doesnt your parents send you to school in kettering?
the thing with people in kettering is there quick to slag corby down, but its ok to send there kids to one of the top 10 schools in the country and then get in there car and drive to work in corby.

I chose that school over Kettering schools because it had this uber reputation. I don't care what the people are like, its a good education and hell, there are some decent folk belive it or not.

turn 4 mad
8th December 2006, 01:18
I chose that school over Kettering schools because it had this uber reputation. I don't care what the people are like, its a good education and hell, there are some decent folk belive it or not.

i know i live 1 street away from "that" school and it takes me longer to get out in the mornings due to all the mummy and daddy cars from kettering who are to ignorant to let me out of the street, than it does to get to rockingham.

SteveA
8th December 2006, 01:28
Maybe SCSA teams should recruit youths from Corby shopping centre for quick tyre changes in next season's pit stops!

(team branded hoodies & gold plated jewellery a must)

I was thinking of the Army. A couple of years in Iraq would straighten them out. Bring back National Service. Ooph! I sound like my dad :p

JDPower
8th December 2006, 03:35
Errr:

Rockingham Motor Speedway
Mitchell Road
Corby
Northamptonshire
NN17 5AF

JDPower
8th December 2006, 03:58
Yes, the same as there are alot of decent people in Corby. There are also a fair few t**ts too, the most useless ones unfortunately on Corby Council hence the reason Corby's in the state its in (and the good old Scottish element of Corby refuse to vote anything other than Labour, regardless of how badly they do their job) :\
Someone from Kettering criticising Corby though is just pure irony, Kettering isn't far off being as bad (if it isn't already)

Anyway, this is all WAAAAY off topic. Not sure what this has all got to do with SCSA.

cgs
8th December 2006, 09:56
people always hate their neighbours, its the way of the world. corby hates kettering, england hats france, scotlantd hate england, one school hates another school, its just human nature.

Powered by Cosworth
8th December 2006, 10:57
It's not really an element of hate, just a few bad folk give it a bad reputation. I don't see the problem with France + Scotland

SteveA
8th December 2006, 12:54
Anyway, this is all WAAAAY off topic. Not sure what this has all got to do with SCSA.

Hence "O/T"!

nissan3
9th December 2006, 11:49
First Let me say that Corby is no worse than any other town in the UK. I was born here of Scottish parents who came here to work.

This may be a town that has had a reputation in the past but I do not see the problems here anymore that we had before.

Corby and Kettering people will never see eye to eye on anything because of the old fueds that nobody understands anylonger.

The pole that is refered to in this article was from 2004 and is not accurate at this time.

And i for my sins agree that if you don't like it don't come to Corby to School or work. (Oh but thats the problem some of you can't get jobs in your own town, or get the education that you require.)

End of sermon. I am now awaiting a slting for my post. Good luck with that because what everyone forgets is that Corby and Corby people are survivors.

Merry Xmas to all and I me ALL

cgs
9th December 2006, 14:20
one thing i've always said is this:

The American dream is live in peace and tranquility, with a good quality of life and have lots of money.
the Corby dream is to get the hell out of there!

turn 4 mad
9th December 2006, 14:41
First Let me say that Corby is no worse than any other town in the UK. I was born here of Scottish parents who came here to work.

This may be a town that has had a reputation in the past but I do not see the problems here anymore that we had before.

Corby and Kettering people will never see eye to eye on anything because of the old fueds that nobody understands anylonger.

The pole that is refered to in this article was from 2004 and is not accurate at this time.

And i for my sins agree that if you don't like it don't come to Corby to School or work. (Oh but thats the problem some of you can't get jobs in your own town, or get the education that you require.)

End of sermon. I am now awaiting a slting for my post. Good luck with that because what everyone forgets is that Corby and Corby people are survivors.

Merry Xmas to all and I me ALL

excellent, well said

corbygal
9th December 2006, 15:09
one thing i've always said is this:

The American dream is live in peace and tranquility, with a good quality of life and have lots of money.
the Corby dream is to get the hell out of there!

Hence why we're out of there! lol

I guess you're talking about CTC Cosworth? I think Corby isn't THAT bad of a place, not as rough as Warrington in my experiece. (Well parts of Warrington anyway). Corby's just for a bad reputation due to some people, and the fact there's not much in entertainment to do there (apart from Rockingham of course!).

LessThanSte
9th December 2006, 16:23

They'd get um off pretty quickly, but the subsequent foot race down pit lane would negate any advantage gained, i think!

cgs
9th December 2006, 16:45
you'r thinking of liverpool. corby yobs don't steal tyres, they set cars on fire!

71minus2
9th December 2006, 21:01
Crime stats, pretty condemning

Crime statistics are per 1,000 of the population within the local authority area.

Corby Borough Council/English average

Violence against the person 30/16.5
Robbery offences 2/1.4
Theft of a motor vehicle 7/4.5
Sexual offences 1/0.9
Burglary dwelling offences 8/6.4
Theft from a vehicle offences 11/10.0

JDPower
9th December 2006, 22:29

My God, you sound like Phil Hope!!!

you'r thinking of liverpool. corby yobs don't steal tyres, they set cars on fire!
And steal them the little b*****ds, as they did mine a couple of weeks ago (though all credit to Corby Police for catching them when I reported it)

colbee53
10th December 2006, 18:03
I work out of Corby & one morning as I was heading up towards the Holiday Inn I had a hammer thrown at me whilst I was driving at about 35-40mph in a TRUCK!!! all I remember was a loud bang & glass showering me & the rest of the cab.. I had my delivery notes just where the hammer hit & they saved me from serious injury or death. You might well ask how do I know it was a hammer, because it was still in the windscreen when I stopped. The date was Friday 13/10/06.

Chigley
10th December 2006, 20:50
A nasty incident, still you didn't need your mandatory Corby stab vest. Glad you were unharmed.

- :)

Jordygirl
10th December 2006, 20:57
In Corby's defence I have to say, it has a very good Asda and Matalan and Morrisons. Am I being tooo female and mother and blonde on this one? ;)

Chigley
10th December 2006, 23:45
In Corby's defence I have to say, it has a very good Asda and Matalan and Morrisons. Am I being tooo female and mother and blonde on this one? ;)

No, just a woman!!

Waits for the feline backlash ;)

JDPower
11th December 2006, 01:51
In Corby's defence I have to say, it has a very good Asda and Matalan and Morrisons.
It does??? :erm: . You must let me know where they are.

(<<<<<Takes sarcasm hat off)

corbygal
11th December 2006, 02:18

I agree with the Asda and Matalan, but Morrissons? I think that's a crap superstore, the one in Corby! lol.

I think Asda is one of the best things about Corby (as it's big and has lots of variety), which is a shame for Corby really. I hope Corby improves, and brings in decent people, and gets a train station (work on the town centre is being done, so I wont add that lol)

Jordygirl
11th December 2006, 08:20
[quote="corbygal"] but Morrissons? I think that's a crap superstore,
QUOTE]

Totally agree with you, but I couldn't think of anything else in Corby's favour !!LOL

Abo
11th December 2006, 10:23
I work out of Corby & one morning as I was heading up towards the Holiday Inn I had a hammer thrown at me whilst I was driving at about 35-40mph in a TRUCK!!!

Corby Chiiled? ;)

Abo
11th December 2006, 10:32
In Corby's defence I have to say, it has a very good Asda

Nah, ASDA stores up and down the coutry suck and the one in Corby is no exception. I've always found them to be scruffy inside unlike my two local Tescos, Sainsbury and Somerfield

timtime
11th December 2006, 12:21
"it has a very good Asda and Matalan and Morrisons"

I sat for hours trying to work this conundrum out it seemed far too illogical to be a logical statement. I've never seen good used in that context before especially with Matalan. Mind, not that i've wandered around Corby too much but I don't recall its sinking to the depths of having a Primark.

The ideal Matalan is http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/148661

Apparently the local chav,s held a vigil mourning the loss of so many shell suits, they were gutted no pun intended, as the JJB next door was effected as well.

Tim

ColSha
11th December 2006, 12:49
hmmm, plenty of slagging down Corby here,
most of you will never ever pass through it to get to the ROCK.

if it wasn't for Corby there wouldn't be no Rockingham Speedway ;)

and by the way Corby is on the up at last.

just as bad as any other town in the country :)

turn 4 mad
11th December 2006, 13:59
i have lived and worked in corby all my life and to this day never been in trouble with the old bill, corby may have its problems like any other town or city in this country, but the biggest problem i think it has is a load of w@#&%rs who slag it down on the forum and then cant wait to get here for the racing. i travel past rockingham most days and still get a buzz from the place knowing its in my town, may be you lot could have something nice where you live oneday, but dont think for one minite the corby people will slag your "home" off, because were to proud for that. so from all the corby people (with the best racing circuit around & one of the top schools in the country) grow up little people.

SteveA
11th December 2006, 14:40
i have lived and worked in corby all my life and to this day never been in trouble with the old bill, corby may have its problems like any other town or city in this country, but the biggest problem i think it has is a load of w@#&%rs who slag it down on the forum and then cant wait to get here for the racing. i travel past rockingham most days and still get a buzz from the place knowing its in my town, may be you lot could have something nice where you live oneday, but dont think for one minite the corby people will slag your "home" off, because were to proud for that. so from all the corby people (with the best racing circuit around & one of the top schools in the country) grow up little people.

Well, I don't know if that little outburst was aimed at me but I did not "slag off" Corby, I simply posted a link to a BBC story. For the record I have never had a hammer or similar implement through my windscreen, or experienced or witnessed any crime in or around Corby (and yes I have been into the centre).

FRWW
11th December 2006, 15:06
I've never noticed anything bad in Corby. And like others have said there is always a bad section in every town - or most of them. 'Manchester' for example has lots of bad areas, even in the supposedly nice areas there are still some not very nice people.........

And yes Neil, the alloys are still on my car, have not been nicked, my car is not held up by bricks !!!!!

Fay x

corbygal
11th December 2006, 17:52
I think it's ok to slag off your own town (hence why I somerimes slg off Corby). I think Corby is getting better... regeneration in the town centre, possibility of a train station (lets hope it comes!!) and a more houses (not sure if that's a good thing or not though lol).

I think Corby's an average town, I know loads places worse, and it does have the fact the Rockingham's there too, which makes it better than my uni town Warrington lol.

FRW
12th December 2006, 14:33
I've never noticed anything bad in Corby. And like others have said there is always a bad section in every town - or most of them. 'Manchester' for example has lots of bad areas, even in the supposedly nice areas there are still some not very nice people.........

And yes Neil, the alloys are still on my car, have not been nicked, my car is not held up by bricks !!!!!

Fay x

It could be worse, you could live in the land of 12 and get tornadoed!

colbee53
12th December 2006, 18:55
Corby Chiiled? ;)
Now that would be telling

colbee53
12th December 2006, 19:19
Although I had my little incident in Corby thats the first time in 50+ yrs anything like that as happened. I just want to know why anybody would want to do that, in my mind its attempted murder.
I think somebody mentioned about the about a fued between Kettering & Corby.....Well I live in Kettering now BUT thats only because I married a Kettering Lass. I was born in Stamford & lived just outside. So I have no fued with anybody. After the closure of the Steel works Corby deserves something like Rockingam

cgs
12th December 2006, 19:29
we got the window in our front door smashed early on boxing day morning a few years ago.

racing59
19th December 2006, 01:21
Most of the people I know from around Corby usually wear green for a living, and drive knackered Fiat Ducato's or p.poor Vauxhall Movano's for a living, scraping up the aftermath of the worthless mentioned earlier. They are the hero's trying to tidy up the mess left by a very small minority of scum living in a chav dream of "am I bovva'd?-land".

As the most southern town in Scotland, I think Corby does very well. Compared to Milk'n'Beans which is a real hole.

And don't get me started on Bishop's Stortford, or Reading (the Luftwaffe really missed on both counts there!)

My little town here in sunny Bedfordshire, is home the Pikey capital of Eastern England. The brains of most of the pikey ram-raids, post office jobs, and latterly dealing of Class A drugs are about one mile away from me. Yet Mr Plod is unable to do anything while the Gypsy Council keep crying "racial discrimination" and finding legal loopholes to get the scum off the hook all of the time (also asking for 109486 other offences to be taken into account) with 2.5hrs of community service.

Now that's deep joy!

Och aye!

leah
20th December 2006, 20:43
well i teach at a school in corby and we are in the top 5% in the country so i got no problem with it. Just got a bad reputation but seems to be improving.

racing59
20th December 2006, 22:54
Leah, I'm sure you'll agree, often the problem is those that you do not, nor cannot, teach, or indeed, did not teach!

Rob.