PDA

View Full Version : Salary for DP and

Gluaistean
28th September 2009, 22:27
others who do not bring their own sponsorship. How much do you think the likes of Danica earns from Andretti , no outside sponsorship included, Briscoe, Dixon , Wheldon (I heard he was getting 3 to 4 mil) Franchitti, Kanaan and any of the others.

When Justin Wilson came to Champcar it was reported that his salary was 250,000 pounds sterling. That equated to approximately $500,000 at the time.

I wonder what Justin makes now? Hope it's more than the purse that Bruno (best talent to get such bad luck).

Just throwing this out there. I have a pal works for Aamco and he told me Sarah got a miserable $250,000 for a full year of primary sponsorship. Now, this guy is a dealer and not a corporate guy. That figure does not make sense to me as I believe she ran most of that season.

NickFalzone
29th September 2009, 01:09
According to an article by Robin Miller a few months back, Danica's Motorola deal with AGR was $21 million over the last 3 years. But keep in mind, she has had other significant sponsors including Go-Daddy and Peak Antifreeze on top of that (and probably a number of smaller ones as well). So I'd imagine her yearly salary has been quite high, even after perhaps 6-7 mill a year taken out for her team/car costs. I believe Dario also signed for quite a high salary this season, and Tony K signed a very nice 5-year deal with AGR last season.

EagleEye
30th September 2009, 16:16
According to an article by Robin Miller a few months back, Danica's Motorola deal with AGR was $21 million over the last 3 years. But keep in mind, she has had other significant sponsors including Go-Daddy and Peak Antifreeze on top of that (and probably a number of smaller ones as well). So I'd imagine her yearly salary has been quite high, even after perhaps 6-7 mill a year taken out for her team/car costs. I believe Dario also signed for quite a high salary this season, and Tony K signed a very nice 5-year deal with AGR last season.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/53/celebrity-09_Danica-Patrick_A2PL.html

The figure is a combination of salary, earnings and personal sponsorship. It will be intersting to see if her salary was bumped up, or remained the same.

beachbum
30th September 2009, 17:28
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/53/celebrity-09_Danica-Patrick_A2PL.html

The figure is a combination of salary, earnings and personal sponsorship. It will be intersting to see if her salary was bumped up, or remained the same.....or went down.

In today's economy, that must always be accepted as a possibility. Consider that two well known regular drivers in NASCAR have publicly acknowledged they are driving without pay. The economy isn't all 'bunnies and rainbows'

Gluaistean
1st October 2009, 17:02
Danica's pay comes directly out of the sponsor she brings. She doesn't get a dime from the team. I doubt very much that any current ICS driver has a one mill or better retainer.

I don't agree with the assessment that there are no others than Danica getting more than a million. I recall and will have to look it up and see where I got it , but, I believe that Dan Wheldon was getting 3-4 million. Either R Miller or some other insider mentioned this. Also, I can't see Helio of the five million not getting more than a million nor Kanaan or Franchitti.

What about Marco? Briscoe? Dixon?

Gluaistean
9th October 2009, 16:12
Current rumor is that she is looking for 8 million to run 8 Nationwide series events. It's on ESPN.

Now, if she get that it will be just a travesty. But, I would not put it past some idiot marketing "guru" that sees the benefit of this.