PDA

View Full Version : Senior just has to let it out...

Koz
28th September 2009, 20:46
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/sep/28/nelson-piquet-singapore-grand-prix

The father of the disgraced Brazilian Formula One driver Nelson Piquet Jr last night renewed his attacks on Renault and its former team boss Flavio Briatore during an interview on Brazilian television, saying his son's deliberate crash at last year's Singapore grand prix was made "inevitable" by the pressure placed on him.

"This is not something that should exist in motor racing," Nelson Piquet Sr said of the accident, which was planned to help his son's team-mate Fernando Alonso win the race. "In my career I would never have thought about doing something like this. But the circumstances that made him do this were inevitable. He was under great pressure."

Speaking to the Brazilian media for the first time since the allegations emerged last month, Piquet Sr accused Renault of "killing" his son's career by putting him at a disadvantage compared to Alonso with fewer chances to train and an inferior vehicle.

"This year was really very bad due to the favouring in terms of cars that Renault gave to Alonso," he said. "The team was not even managed by Briatore: it was managed by Alonso himself."

Piquet denied claims that the crash had been his son's idea. "Two hours before the race [Briatore] said [to Piquet Jr]: 'If you want to help the team then you have to do this'," Piquet said. "He accepted doing something under great pressure from Renault. He didn't have much else to lose in terms of his career.

"I knew that this was a crime. Manipulating the result of a race is a criminal act. There is no room for this in sport and especially when it is premeditated."

He's hell bent on getting sonny back on the track. To crash some more.
Maybe when Renault pulls out, he can buy the remnants of the team for Junior...

F1boat
29th September 2009, 08:32
But Renault will not pull out, they will have Kubica and if the Daddy buys a pace in F1 for his useless kid, I'll enjoy to see how the yellow car will lap that little b****. Hate this family, wish them all the worst!

Roamy
29th September 2009, 08:58
i want to see the telemetry from the other 20 crashes that he had!!

Dave B
29th September 2009, 09:17
There's part of me which would actually like to see Piquet back, just to see if he was as crap as everybody thinks or whether there was substance to his accusations of unfair treatment at Team Teflonso.

He claims he never stood a chance, was denied upgrades and access to data, and generally treated like a second-class citizen. This may, of course, be balderdash from someone who was outclassed by their team mate and lashed out when he was finally sacked; but it could be interesting to see how he does when there are no excuses.

However, he's tainted goods in many peoples' eyes, and I can't help wonder if many sponsors would want to be associated with him.

truefan72
29th September 2009, 09:37
But Renault will not pull out, they will have Kubica and if the Daddy buys a pace in F1 for his useless kid, I'll enjoy to see how the yellow car will lap that little b****. Hate this family, wish them all the worst!

Hate's a strong word, but I hear you

Piquet Jr should have gotten a lifetime ban from the sport IMO
Above all, he is a useless driver who has been pampered his whole life and acts that way.

F1boat
29th September 2009, 09:45
Hate's a strong word, but I hear you

I sometimes use too strong words... let's say that they disgust me...

Knock-on
29th September 2009, 10:09
There's part of me which would actually like to see Piquet back, just to see if he was as crap as everybody thinks or whether there was substance to his accusations of unfair treatment at Team Teflonso.

He claims he never stood a chance, was denied upgrades and access to data, and generally treated like a second-class citizen. This may, of course, be balderdash from someone who was outclassed by their team mate and lashed out when he was finally sacked; but it could be interesting to see how he does when there are no excuses.

However, he's tainted goods in many peoples' eyes, and I can't help wonder if many sponsors would want to be associated with him.

The only thing that worries me is that this is a bit like road crash staring. You know, when there's been a smash on the Motorway and you try your hardest to keep looking ahead but you involuntary take a peek out of some macabre desire to see the crash wreckage.

With all the twists and turns of an Eastenders plot, who knows where this pantomine will end.

Ricky!! Bianca!!!

Sonic
29th September 2009, 11:12
Ricky!! Bianca!!!

:p :

UltimateDanGTR
29th September 2009, 16:10
any respect for piquet snr i had has been disintergrated over the last few months. yes briatore and symmonds were responisble, but jnr was at fault as well an dits clear that snr has just gone mental trying to tear down renault f1 and everyone involved. really quite childish.

Steve2009
29th September 2009, 16:58
any respect for piquet snr i had has been disintergrated over the last few months. yes briatore and symmonds were responisble, but jnr was at fault as well an dits clear that snr has just gone mental trying to tear down renault f1 and everyone involved. really quite childish.Have to agree.
Two me he's gone from a great multiple wdc champion to a demonically posessed certifiable raving lunatic! :arrows:
BTW witness X Alan Permane

AndyL
29th September 2009, 18:38
BTW witness X Alan Permane

Source?

superocean
29th September 2009, 19:22
No matter how good, Sr was, he has now turned into a big hack. As a dad, he's a great supportive type but that doesn't mean he's a smart business man or a manager of a driver.
It's too bad other drivers don't have this type of support from a former WDC who is more deserving. Piquet Jr hurt himself when he said don't call me Jr. Dude, your only in F1 b/c of you're a Jr to a WDC Sr.
It's kinda like the marines in A FEW GOOD MEN movie, you were supposed to do the right thing and not crash but since you crashed, you are discharged as a bitter cheat and a sore loser.
Piquet Family = Jerry Springer show of Brazil. (sorry no offense Brazil)

HenryM
29th September 2009, 19:48
I watched this interview, it's 25 minutes long, and in the context I think he didn't say anything stupid...

but obviously he is trying to defend his son...

here it is, but it's in portuguese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhrumJNGcmk

UltimateDanGTR
29th September 2009, 19:53
posessed certifiable raving lunatic! :arrows:

not a bad description! :D

inimitablestoo
29th September 2009, 20:04
Source?

Daily Mail, so have more than a pinch of salt on standby ;)

Not sure Piquet Sr can complain too much about Alonso calling the shots at Renault. I don't remember any of his old Brabham team-mates getting the better of him (beyond his first year, anyway) and the pile of toys collected from being thrown out of the pram over his lack of number one status at Williams would have done Hamley's proud...

Steve2009
29th September 2009, 20:23
Source?My info came from "The Daily Mail"
So it can't be wrong :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/152890/1/singapore-gate_witness_x_identity_revealed.html
According to the Daily Mail, the whistle-blowing Witness X was in fact Alan Permane, currently chief race engineer at the Enstone-based outfit and a respected longstanding member of both the team and also the F1 community.
:rotflmao:

ioan
29th September 2009, 20:54

:down:
Why do you even bother to post if all you've got his hatred for someone who you don't know and who never harmed you in the slightest?!

ioan
29th September 2009, 20:55
but obviously he is trying to defend his son...

Which is absolutely natural and totally acceptable.

Sonic
29th September 2009, 21:12
Which is absolutely natural and totally acceptable.

Yup. He's hardly gonna side with those of us who think little piquet is a berk (me included).

DexDexter
29th September 2009, 21:53
Why do you even bother to post if all you've got his hatred for someone who you don't know and who never harmed you in the slightest?!

Come on, it's not your war.

Jag_Warrior
30th September 2009, 05:18
Nelsinho, return Tony George's calls. I know. I know. But he's promising that you get to share a dressing room with Danica... or Dan Wheldon (whichever floats your boat).

Jokes aside, the IRL is where I see lil Nelson ending up, if he's to have a "career" in open wheel racing. Unless Daddy can buy him a team, I just don't see him back in an F1 car.

F1boat
30th September 2009, 05:55

I am fan of Alonso, Renault and Flavio and it is my right to dislike Nelson and his kid as much as I want, ioan :)

HenryM
30th September 2009, 08:53
fan of Briatore!?
whatever...

SGWilko
30th September 2009, 09:01
berk.

I hope, by this term, you are not referencing cockney rhyming slang for an organised fox 'search and destroy' meeting in the county of Berkshire......

F1boat
30th September 2009, 09:13
fan of Briatore!?
whatever...

Yes, I am, I am a fan of his achievements in Benetton and Renault and I know that this is not a popular position to have now, but still I have it :)