PDA

View Full Version : The Granson's estate is for sale!

Blancvino
28th September 2009, 17:02
I thought he sold this years ago.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090928/LOCAL1802/909280358/0/SPORTS03

champcarray
28th September 2009, 18:00
The articles notes that their daughter Lauren -- who graduated from high school this past spring -- is one of the co-owners of Vision Racing. Is that correct? If it is, I'll pause to ponder what that says about the team...

garyshell
28th September 2009, 18:04
The articles notes that their daughter Lauren -- who graduated from high school this past spring -- is one of the co-owners of Vision Racing. Is that correct? If it is, I'll pause to ponder what that says about the team...

What does it say about the team? Five letters: T A X E S

Gary

Chamoo
28th September 2009, 18:35
Mind you, she has been quite involved with the team. They have two wins with her as owner.

garyshell
28th September 2009, 19:12
Mind you, she has been quite involved with the team. They have two wins with her as owner.

Quite involved, how? Not saying you are wrong, just curious what her roll is. And I am not suggesting that she couldn't play a roll. Hell, growing up in that house, by the time she was entering high school she certainly had the opportunity to learn more about running a team than most of us. If she availed herself of the opportunities she had, she could be damn savvy by now.

Gary

Mark in Oshawa
3rd October 2009, 05:05
Quite involved, how? Not saying you are wrong, just curious what her roll is. And I am not suggesting that she couldn't play a roll. Hell, growing up in that house, by the time she was entering high school she certainly had the opportunity to learn more about running a team than most of us. If she availed herself of the opportunities she had, she could be damn savvy by now.

Gary

Gary..she grew up in Tony's house. My kid knows more and she doesn't even watch racing. Sorry..maybe that is a bit extreme, but I have never gotten the feeling Tony really understands racing and how successful teams really got there. Tony had everything presented to him on a platter. A self made man like Chip Ganassi or Roger Penske is the kind of people I would want my kid to learn from, but of course Tony doesn't know what he doesn't know....

garyshell
3rd October 2009, 06:02
Gary..she grew up in Tony's house. My kid knows more and she doesn't even watch racing. Sorry..maybe that is a bit extreme, but I have never gotten the feeling Tony really understands racing and how successful teams really got there. Tony had everything presented to him on a platter. A self made man like Chip Ganassi or Roger Penske is the kind of people I would want my kid to learn from, but of course Tony doesn't know what he doesn't know....

Mark I wasn't necessarily thinking about her "education" coming from her father. She has had an opportunity to learn from a LOT of the best names, if she availed herself of the opportunities at here disposal. I mean think about it, she could walk into any garage or motorhome on any weekend and just pick folks brains. Chip and Roger are just two of the guys she COULD learn from, if she tried. I don't know if she did or not. But if I had been in her shoes for just one summer, trust me I'd have a boat load of notebooks and audio tapes.

Gary

Mark in Oshawa
3rd October 2009, 16:42
Mark I wasn't necessarily thinking about her "education" coming from her father. She has had an opportunity to learn from a LOT of the best names, if she availed herself of the opportunities at here disposal. I mean think about it, she could walk into any garage or motorhome on any weekend and just pick folks brains. Chip and Roger are just two of the guys she COULD learn from, if she tried. I don't know if she did or not. But if I had been in her shoes for just one summer, trust me I'd have a boat load of notebooks and audio tapes.

Gary

Gary...good point, but if she is dumb as Tony is, then no. HE never learned anything from those guys. That was why he started the IRL. He had all the answers...just ask him.

garyshell
3rd October 2009, 18:39
Gary...good point, but if she is dumb as Tony is, then no. HE never learned anything from those guys. That was why he started the IRL. He had all the answers...just ask him.

I have no reason to believe she is as dumb as King George. For now I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Gary

Jag_Warrior
3rd October 2009, 21:05
Call me a cynic, but I have a hard time believing that a kid (any kid) who just graduated from high school is a major contributor to the success of a professional level racing team.

garyshell
3rd October 2009, 22:26
Call me a cynic, but I have a hard time believing that a kid (any kid) who just graduated from high school is a major contributor to the success of a professional level racing team.

Cynic. (Couldn't resist.)

Someone has to be a major contributor, I think we can all agree her dad isn't. :eek:

Gary

Jag_Warrior
4th October 2009, 01:24
Well, ya got me there. Yeah, it's probably safe to eliminate him as being the brains of the outfit.

Lousada
4th October 2009, 20:08
How many owners does that team have? There is TG himself, his wife, at least one of his daughters, I thought Ed had a share too? Patrick Dempsey supposedly is an owner too.

nigelred5
5th October 2009, 03:16
I thought he gave her the IPS team not the ICS team??

Mark in Oshawa
5th October 2009, 06:10
Well, ya got me there. Yeah, it's probably safe to eliminate him as being the brains of the outfit.

And He proves it by handing the team over to his KID out of High school. Ole Tony Hulman must just rotate in his grave on an hourly basis at what his stepson has wrought.....

SarahFan
5th October 2009, 13:50
rumors have tony headed to florida...

of coarse other rumors have him taking back control from mari when the time comes

gotta love rumors

Mark in Oshawa
6th October 2009, 15:17
rumors have tony headed to florida...

of coarse other rumors have him taking back control from mari when the time comes

gotta love rumors

Mari is in good health...and she is the boss of that family. Tony and his wishful thinking are being kept in a lock box, and Mari has the key....and she locked him in it about 15 years too late...