PDA

View Full Version : Sutil reprimanded and fined

wedge
27th September 2009, 23:15
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8277653.stm

And errr

10 place grid penalty?

"I didn't see him coming as I was on the move already and couldn't react to it," said Sutil. "But I'm sorry for it. It was a race incident."

Racing incident?

Fool

Ranger
28th September 2009, 02:15
That was almost on par with Paul Tracy at San Jose 2006.

When penalties are handed out for speeding by 1.4km/h in the pits, Sutil should definitely have been given more than a reprimand.

harsha
28th September 2009, 07:50
the guy does seem to have brainfades as the norm rather than as the exception

Shifter
28th September 2009, 07:57
That was almost on par with Paul Tracy at San Jose 2006.

Ha! In response to the inquiry of 'what just happened' from a family member from the other room, I replied "Sutil had a 'champcar moment'", referring back to said incident. Great minds think alike, no?

stevie_gerrard
28th September 2009, 13:23
I am quite surprised that Sutil didnt get a grid drop because he did cause the incident in the end. It just show how inconsistent the FIA and stewards have been this season, which is a bit of a shame as well as a worry.

Knock-on
28th September 2009, 13:28
I like Sutil and think he is a future star but this was purely driver error and deserved a 10 place drop.

Impetuous little scamp :D

UltimateDanGTR
28th September 2009, 16:25
I am quite surprised that Sutil didnt get a grid drop because he did cause the incident in the end. It just show how inconsistent the FIA and stewards have been this season, which is a bit of a shame as well as a worry.

agreed. but the FIA may be saved in the wake of Jean Todt or Ari Vatanen, one hopes.

Almeidafoto
28th September 2009, 23:33
I have nothing aggainst that German boy, but what he did was childish, I think - having in mind past penalties, not only recent ones - that he should also hold a one race suspension, for the gravity of such mistake.

Nate_ST
29th September 2009, 00:44
Some sort of penalty was in order, but I think a 10 position grid penalty was excessive. Not that should really effect Force India considering where they usually are on the grid.

Mark
29th September 2009, 12:44
You deliberately fix the outcome of a race and you get nothing. But you make a mistake in trying to get back into the race as quickly as possible and you do get a punishment...

SGWilko
29th September 2009, 15:13
You deliberately fix the outcome of a race and you get nothing. But you make a mistake in trying to get back into the race as quickly as possible and you do get a punishment...

You may be dumbing that down just a wee bit there Mark! ;)