PDA

View Full Version : Rally forum

Daniel
27th September 2009, 12:11
Can we please have some decent mods down in the rallying forum? There is a lot of petty personal sniping going on in numerous threads and people can't seem to keep to the facts and throw around petty insults and make serious allegations with relative impunity.

Just because I've had my card marked in the past doesn't mean that people have the right to piss me off when they want to or act in a way which wouldn't be tolerated in the F1 forum for instance.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135129&page=2

I started a thread to discuss some new developments on an old thread which had been ruined and it was going along fine till a couple of clowns came along and made it personal. It seems that the rules are bent for those who choose to pick on someone who's made some mistakes before. How is this acceptable? This sort of thing would earn someone a warning on the F1 forum yet on the WRC forum it's allowed?

I once got a warning on the WRC forum for this post which was pedantic at worst -> http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=507568#post507568 yet the crap above is allowed? :confused:

Ive reported the above post so let's see if the mods choose to do anything or will the petty little anti-Daniel vendetta which a mod and a half seem to have, rear it's ugly head and will they just leave this person to troll and hope that I react and get myself banned?

If I do something bad I don't mind being punished but I expect the rules to be the same for others. It's only fair isn't it?

pino
27th September 2009, 12:22
Daniel, I had to delete a post (from you) which was reported where you called another member "big idiot", and I even didn't warn you ;) Sorry but I don't have time for stupid and childish fights, I've got enough of these in F1 forum...

Daniel
27th September 2009, 12:23
Well a mod has turne up :) But rather than deleting the few disruptive posts the whole thread gets closed. Thanks, great solution :down:

Daniel
27th September 2009, 12:25
Daniel, I had to delete a post (from you) which was reported where you called another member "big idiot", and I even didn't warn you ;) Sorry but I don't have time for stupid and childish fights, I've got enough of these in F1 forum...
If my post was deleted (fair enough) then why leave this persons blatant trolling? When starting that thread all I wanted to do was inform people and I never asked for 2 people to come along and ruin the thread. I don't want to tell you how to do your job but if you could just delete Helstar and Kamikaze's posts and leave the thread open for those who want to comment on the thread rather than bash me then that would be a much better option.

I don't want to cause any trouble or anything but it's not fair for people to be allowed to wind others up like that.

pino
27th September 2009, 12:29
Well a mod has turne up :) But rather than deleting the few disruptive posts the whole thread gets closed. Thanks, great solution :down:

Next time try to behave like an old member should do insted of starting childish fights, and none will close your threads :)

Daniel
27th September 2009, 17:05
Show me where in that thread I started a fight? :)

Anyway the clown whose username starts in K has sent me a nice PM along the lines of the one below.

little Cheatroen Boy, have they closed your Thread ? :D :D :D

Now if I'm not mistaken this person is being a troll right?

All I want is for my thread to stay open and for the non-relevant posts to be deleted. I've seen F1 threads where scores of posts get deleted so the original can continue :mark:

BDunnell
27th September 2009, 21:44
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the moderation has gone downhill a bit of late. Surely, for example, it ought to be clear that many of the problems mentioned in the F1 forum could be cleared up with the permanent banning of one member? But I digress.

BeansBeansBeans
28th September 2009, 10:17
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the moderation has gone downhill a bit of late. Surely, for example, it ought to be clear that many of the problems mentioned in the F1 forum could be cleared up with the permanent banning of one member? But I digress.

Ah, you mean Teflioan?

Langdale Forest
2nd November 2009, 19:12
Can we please have some decent mods down in the rallying forum? There is a lot of petty personal sniping going on in numerous threads and people can't seem to keep to the facts and throw around petty insults and make serious allegations with relative impunity.

I have not seen any sniping going on in the rally forum.