PDA

View Full Version : Rosberg - Williams - Toyota - Victory

seppefan
27th September 2009, 08:35
They won last year. What are the FIA doing about it ?

Rosberg and Toyotas first victory. Williams first for many a year. Where is Fan power or dont we care. Mind you, what to do. It is a tragic though that this victory will not go into the record books and nobody says a word. Good old Frank even wrote to the FIA supporting Renault. Does not mean he does not want the victory which is rightly theirs but does show how you have to play politics in F1.

UltimateDanGTR
27th September 2009, 08:56
Frank and his team are proper sportsmen. thye dont want a win to come out of a disqualification of another driver, If they are gonna win they want to be fair and square. They want to win on merit. And if the safety car had'nt of came out last year thanks to PK jnr, then williams wouldn't have standed a chance of winning anyway IMO.

Frank, Nico and the team, and maybe toyota as well, have too much sportsman like class to try and rob a win out of a situation like this. these if you like, are the good guys of sport. hence why no protest. and I for one think this is very noble and right of the team.

harsha
27th September 2009, 09:01
I think Nico has enough talent to win races on his own next year...let alone get a victory wherein he won't have the feeling of having won something

ioan
27th September 2009, 09:50
They won last year.

They didn't win anything last year.
Even 2nd place was only because the Piquet SC and the FIA waiting for them to open a big enough gap to hand them a drive through all this while Kubica got his penalty handed straight away for the very same offense committed at the very same moment. I even wonder why did the FIA chose to favor Williams one year ago.

jens
27th September 2009, 10:19
Rosberg's win would have been as "unfair" as Alonso's, so it wouldn't make any sense at all to give the win to Nico. He would have struggled to make it into the points without SC. Hence I don't understand Rosberg's comments at all, how "Renault robbed him of a win". He should be thankful for his P2. :p :

Sonic
27th September 2009, 10:58
Yes, completely agree - total nonsense. The race was run, the results (however influenced) made official.

On a happier note the team certainly have pace this weekend so a podium on pure pace could be on and if there is some carmagedon at the first turn who knows, a williams win could be on the cards.