PDA

View Full Version : Marina Bay Grand Prix

Saint Devote
25th September 2009, 10:42
It was spectacular in Singapore last time and the resultant intrigue - maybe the lights work in this neighborhood but for purists like myself street this is skating on the edge of what a grand prix track ought to be.

First pictures showing the Renaults essentially sponsorship free and I wonder if this team is going to survive no through choice but the metaphysical justice of capitalism.

The team is now viewed as toxic and the question is what company will be willing to risk their image in full view of the world. Those that love racing will not be affected but the majority of people that watch f1 racing are "fickle fans". Realistically the team wil have to search for a sponsor from a despotic neck of the woods - the Arabian Gulf.

Brawn should go well as well as Hamilton and Raikkonen and maybe there will be a surprise as well. First practice to start in about 20 minutes.

Weather is hot, 85 degrees and its time to wind down this championship fight - and I hope before Yas Marina because Interlagos is now a traditional circuit too and it is appropriate thatrather the title battles are decided by the time the circus reaches there.

Go Jenson!!! :D

Big Ben
25th September 2009, 10:49
Whereīs Valve...? I need translation.

Big Ben
25th September 2009, 11:02
what did I say this time? I donīt know what the metaphysical justice of capitalism is for instance... Iīm not allowed to post that I didnīt understand something?

AndyL
25th September 2009, 11:03
Is it the "official Singapore Grand Prix" thread? Since the cars are hitting the track right now and we didn't already have a race thread - all too busy with Piquet/Flavio/Renault!

Is anyone else having problems with the Formula1.com live timing? I'm getting "loading java applet failed."

AndyL
25th September 2009, 11:06
what did I say this time? I donīt know what the metaphysical justice of capitalism is for instance... Iīm not allowed to post that I didnīt understand something?

Now I'm really confused.

ioan
25th September 2009, 11:07
Iīm not allowed to post that I didnīt understand something?

How's that you aren't allowed to post?

Big Ben
25th September 2009, 11:10
How's that you aren't allowed to post?

Iīve said: Whereīs Valve? I need translation and they ve deleted the post... arenīt we a little too sensitive here?

Dave B
25th September 2009, 11:32
Timing's fine for me, but it does insist on using an older version of Java which my PC then has a hissy fit over saying it's not the latest.

This is the first time I've seen the circuit properly in daylight, and it's almost a shame it's a night race as the surrounding area looks spectacular. I'd rather Valencia was a night race, there's nothing to see at the best of times.

wedge
25th September 2009, 11:40
Repaved the track.

Very disappointing.

Getting rid of the bumps takes away some of, if any, character/challenges of the track

Dave B
25th September 2009, 11:41
The 2nd Renault has crashed into a concrete wall at turn 16.

INVESTIGATE! :eek: :p

Red flags, for anybody not watching Grosjean's fine and walking away from the car.

ioan
25th September 2009, 11:41
Did that Renault just spin and stop at corner 17?!

wedge
25th September 2009, 11:42
LOL!

Grosjean spins off exactly the same place as Piquet Jr!

ioan
25th September 2009, 11:43

:D

truefan72
25th September 2009, 11:45
hmm looks suspicious

maybe a year later we'll get the truth

ioan
Grosjean's radio communication after the crash is gold:

'Sorry guys I've just lost the car in turn 17! :D

AndyL
Timing's fine for me, but it does insist on using an older version of Java which my PC then has a hissy fit over saying it's not the latest.

Cheers, I updated my java and it's working for me now.

Dave B
25th September 2009, 11:49

Did that Renault just spin and stop at corner 17?!

Grosjean has stopped at turn 14

My brain hurts. Which is it?

Edit: I think ioan's right. And that's probably the first time those words have ever appeared in that order on this forum :p

truefan72
25th September 2009, 11:49
Cheers, I updated my java and it's working for me now.

yeah, had to update my java too this morning

truefan72
25th September 2009, 11:51
man singapore is a gorgeous city

AndyL
25th September 2009, 11:56
Rubens just put in a 14 minute lap time ;)

Sonic
25th September 2009, 13:17
Wow even Luca B could beat that! ;)

HenryM
25th September 2009, 13:31
lol at Grosjean spin in turn 17 :D

http://esporte.ig.com.br/grandepremio/images/401/150/49/6756386.cingapura_treino_livre_1_300_291.png

yes! :)

I am evil Homer
25th September 2009, 13:43
Grosjean's radio communication after the crash is gold:

'Sorry guys I've just lost the car in turn 17! :D

But he probably knew what lap he was on :D

HenryM
25th September 2009, 13:56
http://www.zerotohundred.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/nelson-piquet-jr-singapore-gp-2008.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2347/turn17.jpg

"sorry guys" :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5bkmYsDxZo

Knock-on
25th September 2009, 14:41
:laugh:

You're a bad, bad man :D

AndyL
25th September 2009, 15:06
Now Webber's at it.

Sonic
25th September 2009, 15:09
Now Webber's at it.

Thump!

UltimateDanGTR
25th September 2009, 16:38
Well, PK jnr did a better job of crashing delibrately, that is just lame Mr Grosjean!

oh the irony. brilliant, brilliant irony.

Sonic
25th September 2009, 16:42
The circuit looks so dirty off line - not going to help any overtaking chances.

gloomyDAY
25th September 2009, 16:53
http://www.zerotohundred.cm/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/nelson-piquet-jr-singapore-gp-2008.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.u/img59/2347/turn17.jpg

"sorry guys" :D
:laugh: I love that little smirk Bob Bell had when he saw where Grosjean crashed.

UltimateDanGTR
25th September 2009, 16:55
reminds me of dallas 84 with all those damn marbles they had.

hopefully it should clear up. somehow, hopefully the supports will clean offline up when trying to race. hopefully.

emporer_k
25th September 2009, 17:33
I can't help but laugh at the fact grosjean has crashed at turn 17.

donKey jote
25th September 2009, 20:42
Fact is he might have been practising for quali, to hand Alonso ( :eek: :vader: ) pole
:laugh:
:dozey:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

Saint Devote
26th September 2009, 03:19
Repaved the track.

Very disappointing.

Getting rid of the bumps takes away some of, if any, character/challenges of the track

Thye track looks pretty bumpy in two places - just look at the in car with Vettel.

As a purist I disapprove of this sort of Champ Car style street circuit - aside from the great place that Singapore is so the place makes up for it a lot.

So I am not exactly dragged kicking and screaming to watch :D

Saint Devote
26th September 2009, 03:22

Red flags, for anybody not watching Grosjean's fine and walking away from the car.

It was at the same area that Piquet decided to crash in 2008 - did you see Bell's smile and shake of the head. Oh the irony!

Saint Devote
26th September 2009, 03:27

It is a magnificent city - more capitalist by far than the United States.

And they do not tolerate even the most minor of crime so it is an incredibly safe city-state as well and clean :s mokin:

truefan72
26th September 2009, 10:45
fisi has been disappointing!

Badoer was terrible, but Fisi does not seem that far ahead

Ranger
26th September 2009, 11:05
fisi has been disappointing!

Badoer was terrible, but Fisi does not seem that far ahead

When Badoer was near the back of the field, Kimi was near the front.

Fisi was 16th in Practice 2 but Kimi was only 14th. Hardly a world away.

wedge
26th September 2009, 11:56
Thye track looks pretty bumpy in two places - just look at the in car with Vettel.

True, but with the repaved track I think they're able to run the cars stiffer at the front.

Loved the CART street races, that was when JPM was in his element ;)

Sonic
26th September 2009, 12:21
When Badoer was near the back of the field, Kimi was near the front.

Fisi was 16th in Practice 2 but Kimi was only 14th. Hardly a world away.

Yeah, and only 3 tenths behind which is not bad at all considering.

donKey jote
26th September 2009, 12:28
live practice on tinternet :D
looks veery slippy.
rubens in gearboxgate?

gloomyDAY
26th September 2009, 14:13
Yes, that's right, I think BMW will win.

gloomyDAY
26th September 2009, 14:52
live practice on tinternet :D
looks veery slippy.
rubens in gearboxgate?Gearboxgate?

Not another controversy! :p

Dave B
26th September 2009, 14:53
Ted Kravitz has confirmed that Rubens has changed his 'box and therefore will pick up a five-place penalty.

gloomyDAY
26th September 2009, 15:06
Time for qualifying.

Edit: Screw my prediction about BMW. Brawn & Red Bull are looking fast.

Ted Kravitz has confirmed that Rubens has changed his 'box and therefore will pick up a five-place penalty.Ha! Sucks.

Sonic
26th September 2009, 15:17
I wonder how many shunts there are on that flyover with people looking down to the bright lights of the race track?

Sonic
26th September 2009, 15:33
NICO!!!!!

What a bl00000dy lap.

A MAZE IN!

pino
26th September 2009, 15:37
Fisi already out :s

Sonic
26th September 2009, 15:51
Fisi already out :s

Yup. This testing ban sucks! He's just been talking about it. The poor guy doesn't know what car is under him half the time.

Sonic
26th September 2009, 16:01
God dammit Rubens! :mad:

What a sodding anticlimax.....

christophulus
26th September 2009, 16:01
Argh! Barrichello sticks it in the wall and wrecks any chances of Vettel or Rosberg getting on pole. Does this mean Barrichello still gets to start 10th tomorrow though?

wedge
26th September 2009, 16:02
LOL!

Crash-g*** part 3

Rubens crashes just as Vettel looks set to go quicker than Hamilton

gloomyDAY
26th September 2009, 16:03
Rubens bins it into the wall and still qualifies better than Button after the grid penalty. lol

I just hope that Vettel manages a good haul of points.

truefan72
26th September 2009, 16:06
LOL!

Crash-g*** part 3

Rubens crashes just as Vettel looks set to go quicker than Hamilton

those were my first thoughts, too

what a terrible thing for rubens in all seriousness

this will require major work by the crew and depending no the severity might even get a grid place penalty, so this was exactly not what he needed

I am happy for Hamilton, but hope he isn't on another fatal light fuel strategy

as for rubens, bummer :(

Seems like Button is 2009 's great escape artist. non of his rivals can capitalize on his poor form in the 2nd half of the season.

rickos
26th September 2009, 16:07
Rosberg is showing what a driver means to an iffy car...cream of the crop.

Sonic
26th September 2009, 16:17

YEAH BABY! :D

Ranger
26th September 2009, 16:19

Cream of the crop?? That's both overblown and untrue, but that's what having a crappy team-mate does to a drivers reputation.

Rubens should learn from Webbo... if you have to bin it, do it in a practice session! :D

In all seriousness it was a disappointing end to a great qualifying session.

He'll be lucky if he doesn't have to start from the pitlane. I'm thinking that a floor, FL suspension, RL suspension, wheels and bodywork damage as well as a gearbox change won't be easy to fix.

ioan
26th September 2009, 16:27
He'll be lucky if he doesn't have to start from the pitlane. I'm thinking that a floor, FL suspension, RL suspension, wheels and bodywork damage as well as a gearbox change won't be easy to fix.

Everything will be in place by tomorrow with a bit of work.
It's up to the FIA to decide if those parts can be changed without him taking a penalty.

Anyway Rubens again showed how bad Button is when the car isn't perfect.

Dave B
26th September 2009, 16:35
Button went down a blind alley with his setup, and a last-minute decision to lower the tyre pressures meant the car kept bottoming out.

Remind me which Brawn driver binned their car? In my opinion Rubens was over-driving because of his penalty, and now might pick up yet another gearbox change.

truefan72
26th September 2009, 16:42
It's up to the FIA to decide if those parts can be changed without him taking a penalty.

yep, and he was complaining voer the radio yet again, while Rubens was out there pushing.

That being said, he just pushed it a little too hard at the end, i think he was going to be safe around 5-6 anyway and considering where button was should have realized that with 4 races to go he is competing against button and not hamilton or rosberg.

but I guess a driver is a driver and he was going for it. And that I can't really fault.

truefan72
26th September 2009, 16:43
you know we are goign to get 1 or 2 safety cars tomorrow at the rate these guys are going, so I hope all these teams have their strategy in place.

harsha
26th September 2009, 16:56
even though Button isn't performing well,the others are literally helping him win the championship

VkmSpouge
26th September 2009, 17:05
Well done to Lewis Hamilton for a good pole though the qualifying was something of an anti-climax with Barrichello's crash bringing out the red flag. Jenson Button needs to find some kind of form, he can't rely on his championship rivals to constantly trip up (though admittedly this has worked so far).

ioan
26th September 2009, 18:17
Remind me which Brawn driver binned their car? In my opinion Rubens was over-driving because of his penalty, and now might pick up yet another gearbox change.

Rubens binned the car trying to go faster not while moaning to the team.

Also who's fault is that he has to push like a mad because they needed to change his gearbox, again?

Remind me which Brawn driver didn't make it into Q3?

F1boat
26th September 2009, 18:42
With so many crashes Jenson might win tomorrow, if he is heavy.

DexDexter
26th September 2009, 19:02
With so many crashes Jenson might win tomorrow, if he is heavy.

I don't think so, the place where is starting from is quite risky. He'll be lucky if his front wing is ok after the first lap.

F1boat
26th September 2009, 19:45
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78942

Lewis seems to be in very good position. Vettel not so much.

AndyL
26th September 2009, 20:22
Raikkonen could really compound Brawn's misery tomorrow if he passes both of them with the KERS off the start. Rubens would be stuck behind while he should be escaping on a lighter fuel load, and Jenson could be stuck behind Nakajima, unable to compete with Raikkonen and vulnerable to Trulli and Sutil on heavier fuel loads behind.

UltimateDanGTR
26th September 2009, 21:20
well done lewis, not so well done brawn drivers.

hamilton looks good, although one must feel that vettel and rosberg would have got the front row if it werent for barrichello, yet hamilton was heavier so it balances out.

interestin race tommorrow. so on which lap will grosjean crash at turn 17 then?

pettersolberg29
26th September 2009, 21:28
Surely being quite light on fuel may be an advantage at Singapore, no? As people are saying, a safety car looks almost certain, and another Alonso-esque win (without the cheating) may be possible.

wedge
27th September 2009, 00:21
Rubens binned the car trying to go faster not while moaning to the team.

Also who's fault is that he has to push like a mad because they needed to change his gearbox, again?

Agreed.

Button back to where he was pre-Monza, moaning about set up.

Rubens is driving with nothing to lose. It's Button's whose got it all to lose with his antics.

If Brawn pull off all the stops and fix Ruben's car in time at least he'll be starting in the top 10 and all things being perfect - more likely to pick up more points than Button.

BeansBeansBeans
27th September 2009, 00:28

Remind me which Brawn driver has scored three times as many victories as his team-mate in '09.

gloomyDAY
27th September 2009, 01:28
Remind me which Brawn driver has scored three times as many victories as his team-mate in '09.What does this have to do with Singapore? We're talking here and now son. Bunsen keeps fumbling while Rubens keeps pushing. Button just can't take the pressure.

Saint Devote
27th September 2009, 03:24
This talk about not handling pressure is biggest load of utter rubbish generated by media morons who measure everything according to THEIR world.

Its crap.

Jenson and Rubens are experienced drivers that have been under the worst pressure - in Jenson's case being for most of his career in a goddamn awful car.

Do you really think that there is TIME to have pressure moments? No.

Anyone that has been under fire in battle will tell you that it is all about training. Even when you are directly under fire and you feel as if you want to vomit and cannot run quick enough - you react correctly.

And that is the Brawn drivers.

Sure there was a problem today - Jenson's car bottoming because the engineers went in the wrong direction in order to restrain the car from its oversteer which is not Jenson's style.

On the radio he said that the car was bottoming as well. Oversteer is far more suited to Rubens.

And Rubens is driving so much better because since they upgraded teh car it has become more oversteery and the trouble with the brake feel that Barrichello had was also ironed out virtually simultaneously.

But the haters on this board - they hate almost everybody connected to f1 - all slobbering to demolish Button with pressure nonsense.

Well, yes qualifying was not ideal, but Jenson is well acqainted with being in that position. He is the easiest driver on tyres according to Mashima of Bridgestone, he has a car that can win races and he is not a quitter.

He may not win tomorrow, but he will race as hard as he can and do his best - and those who support him, like myself, will be proud of his performance.

Maybe he will score points, maybe not.

But again, Jenson is doing this for himself, his team and he is far from being an unstable emotional twit where emotions are allowed to get the better of him.

Go Jenson!!! :-]]

Saint Devote
27th September 2009, 05:18

Reminds me of 2003 when Rubens showed up Schumacher. Hein!

Amazing how more things change the more they stay the same.

But then of course in addition to Schumacher screwing it up in the middle of teh season Rubens had the Ferrari team to force him to slow all the time in order that Schumacher could win.

Saint Devote
27th September 2009, 05:23
Qualifying weights
1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 660.5
2. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 651.0
3. Rosberg Williams-Toyota 657.5
4. Webber Red Bull-Renault 654.5
5. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes 655.5
6. Alonso Renault 658.0
7. Glock Toyota 660.5
8. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber 650.0
9. Kubica BMW-Sauber 664.0
10. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 664.5
11. Nakajima Williams-Toyota 680.7
12. Button Brawn-Mercedes 683.0
13. Raikkonen Ferrari 680.5
14. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 678.0
15. Trulli Toyota 690.9
16. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 693.0
17. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 683.5
18. Fisichella Ferrari 678.5
19. Grosjean Renault 683.0
20. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 656.0

Still looks as if Piquet is driving that car.
Is Badoer in that car - almost ONE SECOND slower than Kimi in Q1

Jenson all set to drive to the beat of the best strategist in motor racing - Ross the [real] boss!

I venture that the drive of the race could be Alonso - Barrichello out of the way, will give him a good run and he is after all the best driver in formula one today.

F1boat
27th September 2009, 06:08
Surely being quite light on fuel may be an advantage at Singapore, no? As people are saying, a safety car looks almost certain, and another Alonso-esque win (without the cheating) may be possible.

Depends when the SC appears. If it is before the first pits, after the starts, for example, it is not big advantage. It will depend on Romain and Jaime, most likely :)

27th September 2009, 07:22
What does this have to do with Singapore? We're talking here and now son. Bunsen keeps fumbling while Rubens keeps pushing. Button just can't take the pressure.

This nonsense about Button not taking pressure is getting boring. He has done a great job this year.

Roamy
27th September 2009, 07:33
I think it is really sh!tty that RB crashed his car on purpose so Jenson couldn't get a fast lap in - really bad!!

F1boat
27th September 2009, 07:51
This nonsense about Button not taking pressure is getting boring. He has done a great job this year.
Seems that with a balanced car Jenson rules, with a car which is not so cool Rubens owns. About pressure, I am not sure. Even if Jenson is melting, this is not shameful, many drivers choke in such situation, including Lewis Hamilton and, before him, Mika Hakkinen.

UltimateDanGTR
27th September 2009, 09:17
I think it is really sh!tty that RB crashed his car on purpose so Jenson couldn't get a fast lap in - really bad!!

excpet the fact that rubinho crashed in quali 3, and jenson went out in quali 2 ;)

I am evil Homer
27th September 2009, 09:49
With those weights Lewis' lap looks all the more impressive. Terrible session for Brawn god knows what they were thinking!

And Fishichella - oh dear at least he's not last like Luca but so far his time at Ferrari isn't going well.

ioan
27th September 2009, 10:00
This talk about not handling pressure is biggest load of utter rubbish generated by media morons who measure everything according to THEIR world.

And you measure everything according to YOUR world, so I fail to see why you believe they are wrong and you are right (which BTW you are not).

ioan
27th September 2009, 10:01
With those weights Lewis' lap looks all the more impressive.

The others did one lap more than Lewis so the difference should be 2.5-3 kgs less.

ioan
27th September 2009, 10:03

Jenson didn't even make it through to Q3, he only managed 12th.
How does Rubens Q3 crash influence what Jenson did in Q2?! :rolleyes:

ioan
27th September 2009, 10:04
Guys have a good time watching the race, I'm gonna miss this one as I'll be on a long trip in a couple of hours. :\

jens
27th September 2009, 10:16
Well, the safety car rules have been changed for this season, so I don't think anyone can expect another alonsoesque win (by a driver, who is nowhere before a crash).

Singapore seems quite a difficult track for those, who are in a "new situation" (series/team). Fisichella, Grosjean, Liuzzi - all struggling more significantly than before.

I'm a bit puzzled by Force India's extremely inconsistent form. Germany - above average, Hungary - backmarker, Valencia - midfield, Belgium & Italy - top, Singapore - backmarker. Even more inconsistent than Toyota. :p :

truefan72
27th September 2009, 10:28
I'm a bit puzzled by Force India's extremely inconsistent form. Germany - above average, Hungary - backmarker, Valencia - midfield, Belgium & Italy - top, Singapore - backmarker. Even more inconsistent than Toyota. :p :

they be roaring back in suzuka and Brazil and will struggle in Abu Dhabi

wedge
27th September 2009, 11:32

Car works best with low-aero package.

I reckon they'll be gunning for a podium at Interlagos, not too sure on Suzuka & Abu Dhabi

Sonic
27th September 2009, 11:36
Car works best with low-aero package.

I reckon they'll be gunning for a podium at Interlagos, not too sure on Suzuka & Abu Dhabi

Agreed. Their car simply doesn't generate enough downforce but it seems that what it can generate is very efficient - hence their pace at the high speed stuff of Monza, spa and even silverstone a little earlier.

They should do very well at Brazil, especially in sectors one and most importantly three with the merc pushing them up the hill. Suzuka based on previous form should see them scrape into Q2 but who knows about Abu?

wedge
27th September 2009, 11:37

Its crap.

Why did he moan after qualy about the car?

If he wasn't under pressured he would've laughed it off.

Ranger
27th September 2009, 12:02
Heidfeld was underweight in qualifying and will start from the pitlane.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78959

harsha
27th September 2009, 15:02
great race by lewis and glock

Roamy
27th September 2009, 15:06
what a stupid ass race. This should be eliminated from the schedule. They can have a parade in its place using 3 yr old cars. Or Maybe we just have pit stop competition with along with WWF. The only good thing about this race is seeing Hamilton's girlfriend!!

VkmSpouge
27th September 2009, 15:17
Well done to Lewis Hamilton on a fine win, no one really looked like beating him today.
Timo Glock having an excellent result just at the right time for Toyota.
The Red Bulls and Nico Rosberg showing how to push the self-destruct button on their races.
Jenson Button having a good race and pulling that single point out on Rubens Barrichello is crucial. Basically Barrichello needs to take more than 5 points off Button per race (if the two were to draw on points Button would win due to having more victories) and Button needs to pull out 5 points on Barrichello in Japan to win the World Championship.

AndyL
27th September 2009, 15:20
what a stupid ass race. This should be eliminated from the schedule. They can have a parade in its place using 3 yr old cars. Or Maybe we just have pit stop competition with along with WWF. The only good thing about this race is seeing Hamilton's girlfriend!!

I actually thought it was a pretty good race. A street race is always going to turn on strategy and mistakes, and there were plenty of both. Considering the great setting as well, this is one of the new races I would keep.

UltimateDanGTR
27th September 2009, 15:26
I actually thought it was a pretty good race. A street race is always going to turn on strategy and mistakes, and there were plenty of both. Considering the great setting as well, this is one of the new races I would keep.

agreed. interesting race with safety cars throwing up some strategic ideas and cars struggling with brakes. all in all, not bad IMO. I would keep this race as well, its a hell of a lot better than bahrain etc, and a better street track than valencia. and it was more interesting than Monaco this year that was a dull affair, so its triumphed yet again.

Dave B
27th September 2009, 15:28
I'm no fan of street races, but of the current three this is the best by some margin. :up:

truefan72
27th September 2009, 15:31
I'm no fan of street races, but of the current three this is the best by some margin. :up:

agreed

they put on a great show in Singapore

Roamy
27th September 2009, 15:32

boring boring boring
you guys need to watch the nascar race at dover today!!

UltimateDanGTR
27th September 2009, 15:37
boring boring boring

well i will, but nascar is different to F1. in NASCAR, overtaking is expected all the way round the track, whereas F1 is not like that.

both great sports, but living in totally different worlds. and theres nothing wrong with that..........

jens
27th September 2009, 15:38
This season just never stops amazing. How on earth was Toyota capable of being so fast on a bumpy street circuit, which in theory shouldn't suit them at all?! :eek:

Heidfeld's first retirement since ages. :p : Sutil made a mistake once again. Shame about Rosberg & Williams. How ironic - when last year the drive through came in exactly the right moment, now it had to be served in the worst possible moment. Kudos to Alguersuari, who despite being slow managed to keep a train of cars behind him under pressure. Nice farewell result by Renault to Flavio & Pat. :p :

Webber has had 4 (!) zeros in a row. :\ His season has completely fallen apart after that first elusive win.

truefan72
27th September 2009, 15:38
couple of points

1. Kovy could have done better
2. Rubens team should not have panicked and brought him in early
at that point he was going to get 3rd and they pretty much cost him the podium.
3. I expect sutil to get a 5 place gris penalty for the next race
4. Buemi looked pissed as hell to have to retire. I don't think he had issued with his breaks, and the team panicked. 50% of the break issue is based on how the driver uses it and if vettel could manage, I'm sure Buemi could too. The other Brembo guys toughed it out like the brawns. So the move from STR was kinda sad.
5. Rosberg shot himself in the foot today, podium for sure.
6. Kubica and nakajima did well too.

AndyL
27th September 2009, 15:45
boring boring boring

Well sure, obviously oval racing is always going to be more exciting...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_axIytjoJU

Turning left and right is just affectation really isn't it ;)

Saint Devote
27th September 2009, 15:47
boring boring boring

Moonshine versus champagne?

No thank you!

F1boat
27th September 2009, 15:49
I love the Singapore GP and I am very happy that Fred was on the podium today, after all the crap, nice comeback. Great race for Lewis and another calculated race by Button, he lost only a point to Vettel and won one from Rubens.

Saint Devote
27th September 2009, 15:54
And you measure everything according to YOUR world, so I fail to see why you believe they are wrong and you are right (which BTW you are not).

I will stick to my world, because it actually EXISTS as it is in objective reality, versus yours, which is subjective to say the least!

UltimateDanGTR
27th September 2009, 15:56
Well sure, obviously oval racing is always going to be more exciting...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_axIytjoJU

Turning left and right is just affectation really isn't it ;)

lol classic racing from my local track, I love it! to be fair, much funnier than watching F1! :D

Saint Devote
27th September 2009, 15:57
I love the Singapore GP and I am very happy that Fred was on the podium today, after all the crap, nice comeback. Great race for Lewis and another calculated race by Button, he lost only a point to Vettel and won one from Rubens.

And Fernando showed his moral courage and a finger as he dedicated his podium to the man upon which Renaults successes were conducted - Flavio Briatore.

Well done Fernando :D

DexDexter
27th September 2009, 16:00
boring boring boring

Oh, so you can actually watch it in some European countries? Not for free though.

F1boat
27th September 2009, 16:34
And Fernando showed his moral courage and a finger as he dedicated his podium to the man upon which Renaults successes were conducted - Flavio Briatore.

Well done Fernando :D

I agree. It takes a lot of gut to support Flavio now, but Flav deserves it - well done for Fernando.

Saint Devote
27th September 2009, 16:40
Why did he moan after qualy about the car?

If he wasn't under pressured he would've laughed it off.

He was asked a question, not "moaning" - what do YOU want him to do? Lie or declare "no comment" or "laugh it off" and looked like an idiot?

Of course he is under pressure - I did not say he wasnt - this issue is about how one ACTS under pressure.

And Jenson is doing just superbly regardless of media morons that inject ridiculous ignorant comments that he is "folding"!

Saint Devote
27th September 2009, 20:16
After today it is certain that Jens will be the driver that has won the most grands prix in 2009.

What a super thing to be able to write for a member of Jenson's Barmy Army :-]]]

UltimateDanGTR
27th September 2009, 20:20
After today it is certain that Jens will be the driver that has won the most grands prix in 2009.

What a super thing to be able to write for a member of Jenson's Barmy Army :-]]]

good job bernies medal system never came into fruition, otherwise we would have had the championship all wrapped up by now......

but because we have a points system and because buttons british, it will most certainly go to the final race....... :D

Robinho
27th September 2009, 20:21

oh the irony, really so much irony, even more than ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife, thank you Ioan, thank you

wedge
27th September 2009, 22:59
He was asked a question, not "moaning" - what do YOU want him to do? Lie or declare "no comment" or "laugh it off" and looked like an idiot?

Of course he is under pressure - I did not say he wasnt - this issue is about how one ACTS under pressure.

And Jenson is doing just superbly regardless of media morons that inject ridiculous ignorant comments that he is "folding"!

He complained of understeer, wrong way of set up. Not the first time hearing that sort of thing is it?

Never maximised the car and his team mate and championship rival beat him in qualy again.

People react differently to pressure but I'd say he's under pressure yesterday.

F1boat
28th September 2009, 07:23
But he beat Rubens in the race, which is more important by far.

harsha
28th September 2009, 07:40
It doesn't matter even if Rubens manages to beat him by a point or so every race....I don't see Brawn winning the next three races and neither do i see Redbull winning except probably at Suzuka..I foresee tyre heating problems for Brawn @ Suzuka....,the fact remains that Button having won more races than anyone this year deserves the championship

wedge
28th September 2009, 10:48
My new desktop:

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/f1/2009/sin/f1-2009-sin-xp-0282.jpg

Saint Devote
29th September 2009, 03:56
He complained of understeer, wrong way of set up. Not the first time hearing that sort of thing is it?

Never maximised the car and his team mate and championship rival beat him in qualy again.

People react differently to pressure but I'd say he's under pressure yesterday.

He was not complaining - he was describing!

If you paid attention to the technical side you would know that the team DID dial in too much understeer so changeswere made but it made the car very difficult under braking and Jenson locked the front left tyre up into turn seven which lost a lot of time during qualifying.

Then with a flat-spotted front tyre, it's impossible to make the time up around Marina Bay so that his qualifying over.

Twelfth on the grid is a tough race at a ciurcuit like Marina Bay and Jenson did extremely well especially finishing ahead of everyone that he needed to.

What is it with you? Pressure is in every situation for a racing driver, but as is expected of a top line racing driver -especially one that is world champion material, he manages it! And Jenson did superbly yesterday as expected.

Saint Devote
29th September 2009, 04:23
good job bernies medal system never came into fruition, otherwise we would have had the championship all wrapped up by now......

but because we have a points system and because buttons british, it will most certainly go to the final race....... :D

:D Overlooked is that your Isle has the proudest record in motor racing. No other nation has been such a prodigious producer of world champions.

Britain also looks set to have BOTH of its drivers in f1 win world titles with British teams consecutively.

Not to forget that Britain remains the center of motor racing in the world - the area around Silverstone is a racing silicon valley!

This is truly a superb unique achievement.

In addition drivers like Mansell, Hill and Button provide excellent examples of British traditions.

As an Israeli, our two countries have had their differences, but one cannot but admire the UK. It remains the backbone of Europe.

So I guess the "tradition" of making heavy weather of things can be forgiven. THIS TIME! :D

Roamy
29th September 2009, 06:11
Moonshine versus champagne?

No thank you!

In many circles champagne is associated with fags where moonshine never is !! right 200mph sustained for 2.5 hrs is never associated with champagne

F1boat
29th September 2009, 08:37
In some circles everything which is not from the farm is associated with fags...

Roamy
29th September 2009, 08:50
In some circles everything which is not from the farm is associated with fags...

b aaaa baaaa :p

Roamy
29th September 2009, 08:51
Fags as in cigarettes? :confused:

Wells thats what we call them in jolly old England..

no henners - like in rainbows

truefan72
29th September 2009, 09:41
ok back to the Singapore GP

as i a wrap up point.

If I were Renault I would have found some white tape somewhere to cover the ING signs on Alonso's outfit for the post race press conference. and if anyone wanted to bring up the issue, Alonso should have gladly answered that they pulled out of the team and we are respecting their wishes.

i was just a bit peeved at seeing that logo on him as they sucked out more sponsorship value despite bailing on the team.