PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Montreal F1 tickets

doinker
23rd September 2009, 19:03
Got my hotel room, now I need my tickets!

Any word on tickets? I guess the date is still provisional so they are probably not selling them yet. Any idea about the title sponsor?

Glad to see that greed has been overcome to a degree and Montreal is back on the schedule. F1 in Montreal is just perfect.

GridGirl
23rd September 2009, 19:41
Is your hotel room refundable or transferable? We were looking to go to Bahrain this year around this time last year and hotels were about £200 for four nights in decent hotels so we were seriously thinking about it. A few weeks before the GP calender was released all the hotels seemed to triple thier prices and stated rooms were not transferable or refundable so we decided not to risk it. Which was lucky when they changed the final date of the race.

doinker
23rd September 2009, 19:50
Don't know if I am allowed to post this, but I got the Hotel les Suites LaBelle 2 beds in room for $516cdn for 6/11-6/15. Many of the other hotels have figured it out that F1 is coming back and have tripled prices like you said. Guess this hotel hasn't got the info yet! Got it at booking.com, through tripadvisor.com. No I am not selling anything, just sharing my experience!!!!

Hotel is cancellable until the day before. Better book quickly before they realize what is coming to town!

GridGirl
23rd September 2009, 20:00
Your hotel is cancellable untill the day before right now. So were the Bahrain hotels but they changed this policy for the time around the GP weekend only. Hopefully they won't change the date, the terms and conditions and you will have a good deal.

doinker
23rd September 2009, 20:11
Not expecting a problem. I live in the US (Massachusetts), and definitely not up on Bahrain consumer laws regarding hotel pricing. Canada is far superior on consumer protection et al, so I don't think they will be changing my rate or conditions. Just think I got lucky to get this place.

Easy Drifter
26th September 2009, 08:00
I agree you were lucky. Make sure you keep your confirmation # and have the rate in writing and read the fine print, including the French, which I expect some of it will be in.
Some, but by no means all, hotels in Quebec can suddenly develop an attitude to an Anglo and also forget how to speak English. Mtl is better than say Trois Rivieres and pretty well everyone can speak English if they want to.
I can't say much because most of us in English Canada can't speak or understand French. 4 years of it in school and I can usually understand the written word (not really read it) but cannot understand or speak French except to swear. :D
Learned that from French Cdn. drivers and crew. Gilles V was very fluent in swear in both languages long before he became fluent in English. Jo-Ann could always speak English and often used to translate for him.

harsha
26th September 2009, 17:57
I guess it should be fine as long as you get your terms and conditions pretty clear