PDA

View Full Version : Holden are a bunch of whingers

Rollo
22nd September 2009, 05:39
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/content/hero_news/september_2009/holden_may_not_play_if_cof_isnt_right/

Neither the prospect of technical rule changes that dilute the level of General Motors DNA in a Commodore V8Supercar or the entry of other brands onto the grid impresses Holden, says its motorsport manager Simon McNamara.

"If they go down a path that doesn't suit us in any way shape or form then we just won't do it. Simple as that," McNamara said.

Well done Holden. Admittedly it could be argued that the sport is only where it is today because of some Holden vs Ford rivalry, but you have to remember that the only reason that the category was set up in the first place is because the people at Ford and Nissan worked out how to build a better car within the rules, and seeing that you couldn't win any more, said "I'm taking my bat and ball and going home". Guess what, precisely the same attitude is being exhibited yet again.

If you don't get what you want, you're pulling the plug? How petulant.

rah
22nd September 2009, 05:45
They will get their way though. They are too big a part of the sport.

F1boat
22nd September 2009, 07:05
Well, if you depend on someone, you should please him...

PDS
29th September 2009, 22:58
If you don't get what you want, you're pulling the plug? How petulant.

It may sound Petulant... but it is business! What can a company like GM acheive by spending the millions they do by competeing in a championship that they cannot win?

Not good business at all. I'm sure if Ford were in Holdens position they would do the same..