Sept 12 - Italy

Sept 26 - Singapore

Oct 3 - Japan

Oct 17 - South Korea

Oct 31 - Abu Dhabi

Nov 14 - Brazil

Firstgear
21st September 2009, 20:15
Couldn't open the link. Why the * for Canada?

stevie_gerrard
21st September 2009, 20:41
Currently pending and a provisional place depending on contract negotiations. Will be intrigued to see how South Korea does next year, and im glad Canada is back and Brazil is the final race of the season. Brazil is my favourite track and i think its quite a fitting place to end it.

ioan
21st September 2009, 20:43
19 races! Great. :)

Still one 3 weeks and one 4 weeks breaks. :\

F1boat
21st September 2009, 20:45
Cool :-) I am happy that Montreal is back. It's a nice track. But still no Imola :(

DexDexter
21st September 2009, 21:37
Cool :-) I am happy that Montreal is back. It's a nice track. But still no Imola :(

Montreal is fantastic. Imola? I don't know, the old circuit was great but the new zig-zag version is IMO quite boring.

F1boat
21st September 2009, 21:40
It's not for me. I watched F2 on it this weekend and realized how much I love and miss the circuit...

truefan72
21st September 2009, 23:00
old imola was legendary, like the old hockenheim,

but modern incarnations are a travesty IMO

and yes that 4 week break is madness.
I suppose that is where the USGP after the Canad GP and then shift all those following races back 1 week. That would make it a 3 week break.

i hope in-season testing comes back next year. with so many new teams it is vital that testing be allowed to occur throughout the year. Then again with those useless cosworth engines they were willingly blackmailed into using, their backmarker grid positions woint change that much anyway.

N. Jones
22nd September 2009, 01:55
I wish Bahrain would go, boring race.
Imola was undergoing a change to the track from Rivazza #2 to the revamp Tamburello in order to rebuild the pit lane and to increase overtaking at a new turn one before the cars go through the Tamburello chicane. I would love to see it but it looks more and more like the track is going to fall by the wayside.
SHame. :(

ShiftingGears
22nd September 2009, 02:43
Imola was undergoing a change to the track from Rivazza #2 to the revamp Tamburello in order to rebuild the pit lane and to increase overtaking at a new turn one before the cars go through the Tamburello chicane. I would love to see it but it looks more and more like the track is going to fall by the wayside.

They'd get a lot more passing if they got rid of the Tamburello chicane and put new barrier technology in front of the wall.

The old circuit was fantastic, very fast and flowing. Going and removing the chicanes now and installing high technology barriers like at Monza means that they could go flat from Rivazza to Tosa. It could be a real slipstreaming circuit.

F1boat
22nd September 2009, 07:01

I agree, big shame. I have to say that maybe the new FIA president will change things. In F2 there were tons of overtaking in Imola...
truefan, I agree about Hockenheim. The new track is so horrid...

DexDexter
22nd September 2009, 07:38

I suppose that is where the USGP after the Canad GP and then shift all those following races back 1 week. That would make it a 3 week break.

i hope in-season testing comes back next year. with so many new teams it is vital that testing be allowed to occur throughout the year. Then again with those useless cosworth engines they were willingly blackmailed into using, their backmarker grid positions woint change that much anyway.

I liked the old Hockenheim as well. Thank God for those trees at Monza otherwise we would have another Micky MOuse there as well.

Dave B
22nd September 2009, 08:33
I'm happy: we took a gamble 18 months ago that our wedding wouldn't clash with a qualifying session and it's all worked out. That saves having to smuggle a radio into my own wedding :D

Mark
22nd September 2009, 08:43
I'm happy: we took a gamble 18 months ago that our wedding wouldn't clash with a qualifying session and it's all worked out. That saves having to smuggle a radio into my own wedding :D

Looks like it's worked out for me in that regard too with our wedding being on the 24th April.

It's a pity that the Spanish Grand Prix is a couple of weeks after the wedding, a trip to Barcelona and see the race would have been a perfect stag do!

Mark
22nd September 2009, 09:35
You and Mark have just made me think about that too.. My wedding is on August 28th and theres a race on the 29th.. Belgium is my favourite race of the season too!!

I'll miss the qualifying for sure but I wonder if my new bride will allow me to watch the race while we open our presents? Not a chance :D

Of course your honeymoon will be in Belgium and you have to go there right after the wedding? :p

Sonic
22nd September 2009, 10:08
Yeah I watched the F2 race too and share your view. I was quite surprised how tatty it looked.... :)

Yeah very shabby around the edges. Its a shame as the changes made have given the place some of its flow back but I doubt we will ever see another GP there.

ioan
22nd September 2009, 10:37
I liked the old Hockenheim as well.

Was my favorite before it was changed.

SGWilko
22nd September 2009, 11:15

In reality, the Friday of races has become a pseudo test day, and this is a good idea - teams already in-situ so no money wasted.

Dedicated test days are simply a way of urinating money up a wall IMHO.

SGWilko
22nd September 2009, 11:16
They'd get a lot more passing if they got rid of the Tamburello chicane and put new barrier technology in front of the wall.

The old circuit was fantastic, very fast and flowing. Going and removing the chicanes now and installing high technology barriers like at Monza means that they could go flat from Rivazza to Tosa. It could be a real slipstreaming circuit.

Why can they not just bridge the river/stream, and extend run off over it?

SGWilko
22nd September 2009, 11:19

On our Honeymoon the Austria race was on (2003) so I packed the Trouble & Strife off to the Spa in the hotel.

I got pi55ed watching the race and emptying the mini-bar, 'er indoors came back mega relaxed.

As a result our Daughter was conceived!!! ;)

SGWilko
22nd September 2009, 12:04
They looked into extending it after Senna's death but its not just a river to redirect. Theres a road on the other side and residential housing. It would be very expensive to buy the houses just to make a run off slightly larger... Check out the map :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Housing does not look that close, no need to move it or re-direct the river. Bridge it and hey presto, you have your adequate run off.

AndyRAC
22nd September 2009, 12:51
Was my favorite before it was changed.

Same here; low downforce, 220MPH, Blasts through the trees.
Still play on it on the original Formula1 game.

What they did do that circuit was a disgrace! :mad:
Another Tilke/Bernie -a-drome...

SGWilko
22nd September 2009, 12:53
Same here; low downforce, 220MPH, Blasts through the trees.
Still play on it on the original Formula1 game.

What they did do that circuit was a disgrace! :mad:
Another Tilke/Bernie -a-drome...

Bet Renault & BMW are glad it was changed.... ;)

schmenke
22nd September 2009, 15:02
Gérald Tremblay, the mayor of Montreal has recently said that the GP is not yet confirmed.

F1boat
22nd September 2009, 15:23
Gérald Tremblay, the mayor of Montreal has recently said that the GP is not yet confirmed.

schmenke, is the NASCAR race a success in Montreal?

UltimateDanGTR
22nd September 2009, 16:17
Although two long break periods, The 19 race calender is very good. a proper world championship again across 5 continents instead of this years farcical 4. we just need to bring back Ain-Diab in Morocco for a 6 continent world championship! Korea will be interesting, Id prefer aussie as opener but at least we get bahrai out of the way as soon as possible! Britain is back to the tenth race of the year for a few years, good to see, i think round 8 is too early for GB. Canada being back (theoretically) is brilliant, and brazil is the perfect championship ending, great to see finale there again.

cant wait for next year. 19 races. 13/14 teams. looking good.

SGWilko
22nd September 2009, 16:22
Although two long break periods, The 19 race calender is very good. a proper world championship again across 5 continents instead of this years farcical 4. we just need to bring back Ain-Diab in Morocco for a 6 continent world championship! Korea will be interesting, Id prefer aussie as opener but at least we get bahrai out of the way as soon as possible! Britain is back to the tenth race of the year for a few years, good to see, i think round 8 is too early for GB. Canada being back (theoretically) is brilliant, and brazil is the perfect championship ending, great to see finale there again.

We still need at least one US GP. Can you imagine the farce - F1 with an American team, but to American race.

Wouldn't put it past Bernard mind.......

UltimateDanGTR
22nd September 2009, 16:25
We still need at least one US GP. Can you imagine the farce - F1 with an American team, but to American race.

Wouldn't put it past Bernard mind.......

but currently, no place in the USA is fit to host a grand prix to bernies standards. Indy may be the only place, but why would F1 go back there?

DexDexter
22nd September 2009, 21:52
but currently, no place in the USA is fit to host a grand prix to bernies standards. Indy may be the only place, but why would F1 go back there?

Sadly that's the case. It says a lot about the popularity of open wheel racing over there that they really don't have any newer road courses that are up to worldwide standards. Long Beach GP would be great, but how likely is that?

UltimateDanGTR
23rd September 2009, 17:18
Sadly that's the case. It says a lot about the popularity of open wheel racing over there that they really don't have any newer road courses that are up to worldwide standards. Long Beach GP would be great, but how likely is that?

about as likely as F1 returning to Dallas!!

i think the teams could stretch to 1 GP a year where the facilities aren't as good as expected, bit like monaco is. Ive called for sonoma or sebring for ages now, but that isnt likely at all..............

Robinho
23rd September 2009, 18:47
i'll miss Oz as the season opener, there is something about getting up at 4am after months of no F1 to watch that race

schmenke
23rd September 2009, 19:49
... getting up at 4am after months of no F1 to watch that race

I do that every fortnight ;) :p :

truefan72
23rd September 2009, 22:38

or a track in South Africa, how is kylami these days?

Nate_ST
24th September 2009, 00:58
I don't see why F1 can't return to Indy. It's without a doubt the most historic track in the US and I too really can't think of any other track they could race at in the US. A track out on the west coast would be nice but a new one would have to be built because Laguna Seca wouldn't be able to handle F1.

DexDexter
24th September 2009, 09:41
I don't see why F1 can't return to Indy. It's without a doubt the most historic track in the US and I too really can't think of any other track they could race at in the US. A track out on the west coast would be nice but a new one would have to be built because Laguna Seca wouldn't be able to handle F1.

I think Bernie was stupid to leave Indy. I'm sure they could have extended the deal and the gp's there were certainly not disasters, quite a lot of people showed up.

truefan72
24th September 2009, 10:48

common sense would dictate a return to indy while they work on a new track elswhere. I never liked the indy circuit in its current configuration. Nor do I like the location. As I've said many times build a trakc in the miami area, or New York City, or LA area and you would see sold out races with a great backdrop and decent area for tourism as well. Having it in Indianapolis really does nothing for me.

AndyL
24th September 2009, 11:07
or a track in South Africa, how is kylami these days?

I thought it looked pretty good when the World Superbikes were there earlier in the year - nice track, nice setting, looked quite a tempting place to visit for a race. But it's a long way off the standards required for F1 these days.

edv
27th November 2009, 15:15
Looks like the official announcement will be today confirming the Canadian GP for at least 5 years:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2009/11/26/f1-details-friday.html

The details of a final agreement to bring back the Canadian Grand Prix will be unveiled Friday at 3 p.m, Radio-Canada reported Thursday.

The five-year, $75-million deal will reportedly include $15 million in annual government contributions. That includes $5 million from the federal government; $4 million from the province and $5 million from Tourism Montreal — paid for by a special tax on hotel rooms.

gloomyDAY
11th December 2009, 16:32
Another stupid change!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80502

Dabu Dabi will be the season closer instead of, you guessed it, Interlagos.
So, that will make a second consecutive boring season finale.

****ing ***holes.

christophulus
11th December 2009, 16:54
There's a few tweaks, Abu Dhabi being the finale is the main one. Hopefully we'll get the title wrapped up in Brazil again..

2010 FIA Formula One World Championship calendar
14 March - Bahrain
28 March - Australia
4 April - Malaysia
18 April - China
9 May - Spain
16 May - Monaco
30 May - Turkey
13 June - Canada
27 June - Europe (Valencia)
11 July - Great Britain
25 July - Germany
1 August - Hungary
29 August - Belgium
12 September - Italy
26 September - Singapore
10 October - Japan
24 October - Korea*
7 November - Brazil
14 November - Abu Dhabi

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/12/10281.html

UltimateDanGTR
11th December 2009, 17:43
interesting that the championship starts and ends in the middle east-where most couldn't care less about F1.........

but before i moan, we have britain secured and canada back. that'll do, as least we get valencia out of the way quicker than we did this year.............

Copse
11th December 2009, 18:40
interesting that the championship starts and ends in the middle east-where most couldn't care less about F1.........

That is precisely why they have those slots, methinks. If they weren't season opener and finale, we wouldn't watch them either, and they'd be colossal failures instead of moderate ones. (Not that Bernie'd ever admit that...)

Let's hope for an exciting season clinching race at Interlagos, in front of people who actually care!

UltimateDanGTR
11th December 2009, 18:55
That is precisely why they have those slots, methinks. If they weren't season opener and finale, we wouldn't watch them either, and they'd be colossal failures instead of moderate ones. (Not that Bernie'd ever admit that...)

Let's hope for an exciting season clinching race at Interlagos, in front of people who actually care!

agreed. although of course, they are not a failure for bernies wallet................

Big Ben
11th December 2009, 19:46
It´s a gamble. Things may be settled by 14 Nov. It happened before...