PDA

View Full Version : $

call_me_andrew
19th September 2009, 06:13
During the Motegi race I spotted a commercial for Visa. This is the first time I've seen a commercial on Versus all year for something other than Apex Brasil, Honda, Peak, or Motorolla.

Lousada
19th September 2009, 09:13
Okay, I'll just throw it in there: Visa new title sponsor!?

SarahFan
19th September 2009, 14:05
Okay, I'll just throw it in there: Visa new title sponsor!?

you should call Terry and tell him

Easy Drifter
19th September 2009, 15:42
I actually saw the procession as TSN showed it instead of relegating it to TSN2. The CFL game didn't run over by much so only missed a little pre race hype.
Not much of an event. I just can't call it a race!

Chamoo
19th September 2009, 16:05
I actually saw the procession as TSN showed it instead of relegating it to TSN2. The CFL game didn't run over by much so only missed a little pre race hype.
Not much of an event. I just can't call it a race!

It was a good race, there was a lot of good racing, but it was all in the middle of the pack. The Ganassi boys ran away with it.

elis
20th September 2009, 18:02
People actually watch commercials? ;)

bravefish
20th September 2009, 22:32

What choice do you have when commercials get run every 3-4 minutes - Ive seen more 60 second segments about some deadbeat back street underpriviledged basketball team, than I have green flag racing - sorry for the moan - but its hideous watching ESPN (or whoever broadcasts out to New Zealand). Less crap, more action.

call_me_andrew
21st September 2009, 02:37

It was part of the "side-by-side" coverage. That's how I knew it wasn't just a local ad.

45 Below
21st September 2009, 05:57
To say it wasn't racing is a little bit tough I think. I'm not great fan of Motegi either - there have been some real snoozers there - but it is the sort of track where you have to work on someone to make a pass and I think we saw that happening. It's not one of those tracks where you can get in a pack and catch a draft by in a group.

As much as I have enjoyed the last few 1.5 milers this was a refreshing change. Motegi is almost like having a road course corner at one end and an oval at the other.

bravefish
21st September 2009, 10:29
Yeh maybe not the most exciting race weve seen this year but talk about drama in a tight championship fight.