PDA

View Full Version : Leilani Munter, Indy Lights

champcarray
18th September 2009, 17:55
I woke up early this morning and was flipping through the channels at 5:20 a.m. when I saw an Indy Lights car "racing" a Nationwide car at California Speedway. It turns out it was an infommerical for Extenze, which has apparently introduced a "supplement" for women. They're sponsoring Leilani Munter for at least one race, the Indy Lights season finale at Miami.

I didn't recognize Leilani's name, but found her web site easily enough. She has got to be the first professional driver with a degree in cellular biology!

http://www.leilanimunter.com/09-8.26.htm

Jag_Warrior
18th September 2009, 20:00
Think Milka Duno without the accent and not as big... uh... well, she wears a smaller top than Milka. How's that? ;) I'd say Leilani and Milka are probably close to the same age too.

She's been around for quite awhile. I saw her race a late model stock car down at Hickory about 5 or 6 years ago. She either won or placed pretty highly in a stock car race in Texas several years ago too. She was working for the NASCAR website, and maybe NASCAR itself. I dunno. But her racing career has been pretty flat overall.

Her major claim to fame is that she was a body double for Catherine Zeta-Jones in some movie years ago. Seems like a nice person... and obviously very bright. But as a race car driver... not much there, IMO. If she'd started earlier, I think she might have done OK though.

Chamoo
18th September 2009, 20:26
Leilani ran the last race as well I believe. Not sure where she finished, but wasn't a factor.

I like Leilani, she pushes the green movement well, and is fun to look at as well. She was in the running for a second Panther car last year.

IMSA
27th September 2009, 01:04
Leilani ran the last race as well I believe. Not sure where she finished, but wasn't a factor.

I like Leilani, she pushes the green movement well, and is fun to look at as well. She was in the running for a second Panther car last year.

She has not run a race since Chicago 2007 in the Lights Series. She has only been in two Indy Lights races total. Both with poor results -- she has very little experience.

Chamoo
27th September 2009, 06:13
She has not run a race since Chicago 2007 in the Lights Series. She has only been in two Indy Lights races total. Both with poor results -- she has very little experience.

Your right, my bad. Got a bit confused. Would make perfect sense as to why I couldn't remember approximately where she finished at Chicagoland 2009.

Mark in Oshawa
3rd October 2009, 05:16
Pretty girl..problem is we already have seen our underachieving cheesecake in action for over 4 years...don't need another.