PDA

View Full Version : Motegi coverage online

garyshell
18th September 2009, 04:38
Practice and qualifying coverage is online right now. With a one guy doing the coverage all by himself. Guess it was past the regular crews bed time. The guy is like listening to paint dry. Putting me to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Gary

jackmart
18th September 2009, 08:35
thanks gary, i knew what the times were for the stuff on vs tomorrow but didn't know that tonight it was happening. my comp seemed to die after helios incident, i wonder if the track is ready yet

MDS
18th September 2009, 15:50
So does that mean the race is tonight at Midnight? And will it be broadcast on the website tonight around midnight? Is the broadcast tomorrow night a tape delay?

As Direct TV no longer carries Versus I can't Tivo it anymore

bblocker68
18th September 2009, 16:24
The race is at 10:30pm Eastern time on VS and online.

Hey Gary, how was the stream on the net? I've watched Qually before and it would lock up or stutter at times. I can only hope they put Mike King on the stream at indycar.com.

booger
19th September 2009, 00:50
I too have DirecTV and have no interest in watching this on my computer screen. It never streams properly and in the past when I've tried to get qualifying, I get more "still" shots than action (on a new Macbook with all the latest software no less). This is truly bullcrap that the IRL would stand for this from versus. Put a fork in them along with Milwaukee, I'm done! I'll be watching Boise State kick the stuffing out of Fresno State instead, and I guarantee, it will be a lot more interesting and exciting. I'm also planning on spending most of next week at Road America watching the runoffs, where the real racers are.

NickFalzone
19th September 2009, 02:19
Crap, I was just watching the buck hunting on Versus and they promo'ed that the Motegi race is tonight?? WTF, they've had it on the IndyCar website as 10:30 pm Saturday for weeks now. But I just checked the VS site, and it also says tonight at 10:30. I didn't watch the quals show, did they confirm the race is tonight, Friday?? Fine with me, I'd rather watch some of it tonight and the rest tomorrow afternoon than dragging it into Sunday am.

MDS
19th September 2009, 02:30
Crap, I was just watching the buck hunting on Versus and they promo'ed that the Motegi race is tonight?? WTF, they've had it on the IndyCar website as 10:30 pm Saturday for weeks now. But I just checked the VS site, and it also says tonight at 10:30. I didn't watch the quals show, did they confirm the race is tonight, Friday?? Fine with me, I'd rather watch some of it tonight and the rest tomorrow afternoon than dragging it into Sunday am.

Look at the track schedule it says qualifying is on Friday and the race is on Saturday. Since qualifying was yesterday the race must be today. So while the race is on Saturday, its actually Friday. I'm not sure if they're tape delaying it, because I don't have Versus anymore, but the fact we're asking these questions points to a lack of skill on someone's part.

Japan is a day, and 15 hours or so, ahead of us so its actually Saturday afternoon today in Japan so the race is going to start at 10:30 p.m, and according to the Indy car website you can watch free via race control tonight.

NickFalzone
19th September 2009, 02:41
Hm, on the IndyCar site it still says Race: 10:30 pm Sat. And then next to it there's a new "watch live" window which I suppose will work tonight starting at 10:15. I'm just a little confused because I never remember the IRL having a Fri night race, even the Japan one usually was on Sat (US) I believe. But Versus.com says the race is tonight, and so do the promos I just saw.

grungex
19th September 2009, 02:42
There's a good explanation here (http://iambif.com/bif/).

FormerFF
19th September 2009, 02:42
I too have DirecTV and have no interest in watching this on my computer screen. It never streams properly and in the past when I've tried to get qualifying, I get more "still" shots than action (on a new Macbook with all the latest software no less). This is truly bullcrap that the IRL would stand for this from versus. Put a fork in them along with Milwaukee, I'm done! I'll be watching Boise State kick the stuffing out of Fresno State instead, and I guarantee, it will be a lot more interesting and exciting. I'm also planning on spending most of next week at Road America watching the runoffs, where the real racers are.

The runoffs are awesome. No points chase, you win the runoffs, you're champion, you don't, well, there is always next year. Unfortunately, I crashed out of the only runoffs I was in. I wasn't running particularly well, but it would have been nice to finish.

We still get Versus, but I can't Tivo it. We have a series II Tivo, and Charter has put Versus way up on one of the QAM channels, which the Tivo unit doesn't see. I suppose I could try to redirect the cable box's output to the Tivo, but I'd have to reset it tomorrow anyway since that's our HD tuner.

Next Friday and Saturday I'm going to the Petit LeMans. Friday's races: World Challenge Touring and GT, IMSA lites, Atlantic, Forumula Mazda, and GT3 cup. Saturday, of course, is the 9+ hours of the PLM itself. Acura vs. Audi vs Peugeot in P1, Mazda vs Acura in P2, and Corvette vs. Ferrari vs Porsche vs BMW in GT. Should be amazing.

NickFalzone
19th September 2009, 02:45
Well now on the IndyCar site they say Motegi Race: Saturday Sept 19th, Friday Sept 18th. Whoo, that's much clearer. I guess they'll air it tonight now and rebroadcast the tape tomorrow.

Chamoo
19th September 2009, 03:08
No, they are saying the race is Saturday September 19th, because in Japan, it is Saturday September 19th right now. The race starts in half an hour, and will be broadcast in most of the USA on Versus at 10:30pm EST.

disko
19th September 2009, 04:18
none of the in cars feeds are working and the audio is a lap off.

Thank you DIrect TV. POS.

garyshell
19th September 2009, 05:42
Barry,

My feed last night was perfect and it is tonight as well. All the incars are working just fine. And I am not seeing a one lap delay. There is a delay but not a full lap at all.

Gary

call_me_andrew
19th September 2009, 06:08
I didn't have any problem watching the stream. I think it's the first time all year that all the onboard cameras were working at the end of the race.

bblocker68
19th September 2009, 16:32
I watched it for a bout 50 laps. I guess I like a produced show instead of watching the stream. That's the first race I gave up on :(

elis
20th September 2009, 17:59
I stayed up for the practice & qualis, but gave up about 20 mins into the first practice due to the awful staid commentary & nausea inducing camera work.

The race started at 4am here. I got up & watched via the ICS site. At least King was back (something I never thought I'd be glad to say!), but the dodgy correlation with the audio & pictures made it difficult to enjoy. Luckily I found on online stream showing the versus coverage, audio & pic in perfect harmony, just a pity the race was about as interesting as watching a plastic daisy grow :s imo