PDA

View Full Version : Team Knock-on

Knock-on
17th September 2009, 12:02
Well, if there's a place as looks likely, I think we can have a car on the grid.

Engine to keep Max happy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Cosworth-HB-Engine_W0QQitemZ170383070503QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item27ab9f5527&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Chassis to get Arrows involved in the project:

http://www.f1-sales.com/fa17.htm

So, we're up to £75k and just need a driver without scruples that will do whatever is needed to get a result. Now, Schumy has retired so who does that leave???????

;)

harsha
17th September 2009, 12:08
since there's no Team Y!Man....where's that dude anyway :?:

hope you can find a position for me in your team :p :

Knock-on
17th September 2009, 12:23
since there's no Team Y!Man....where's that dude anyway :?:

hope you can find a position for me in your team :p :

Y, did he go. We will never know :(

Don't worry Harsha, we need a jackman. Well, actually, we need a jack and a man so you will have to do both. Feeling strong? :D

harsha
17th September 2009, 12:36
Y, did he go. We will never know :(

Don't worry Harsha, we need a jackman. Well, actually, we need a jack and a man so you will have to do both. Feeling strong? :D

I've heard of cost-cutting but this is ridiculous :D

MrJan
17th September 2009, 12:54
I would put myself forward as a possible candidate for the position of driver (past glories include 2008 Class D1 winner of the Torbay Motor Club Hillclimb/Sprint Championship). However I've already got an outline agreement with another team.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/152383/1/jan_rumoured_to_have_sweet_ride_set_up.html (http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5904/crashi.jpg)

Dave B
17th September 2009, 13:03
Can I be chief refueller please? I fancy a nice lazy season on full pay. :p

Sonic
17th September 2009, 13:10
I would put myself forward as a possible candidate for the position of driver (past glories include 2008 Class D1 winner of the Torbay Motor Club Hillclimb/Sprint Championship). However I've already got an outline agreement with another team.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/152383/1/jan_rumoured_to_have_sweet_ride_set_up.html (http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5904/crashi.jpg)

And I'll be number two driver. Having been out of the cockpit for ten years you'll have no trouble from me - except when I blame the press.

Knock-on
17th September 2009, 13:14
Can I be chief refueller please? I fancy a nice lazy season on full pay. :p

Well, as long as you don't mind being subcontracted out as Flavio's jock strap then you're in ;)

Now all we need in Uncs to win one of his famous big money golf matches to sponsor this outfit and we're off :)

Bit slow on Pit girls this time around. Must be losing my touch :(

Knock-on
17th September 2009, 14:02
Count me in Knockie old chum, I'm a qualified engineer and a pretty good liar by all accounts.. :p

I do have conditions however... ioan must be granted the role as press officer, i can't think of a better man on this planet... ;)

Good idea about ioan but can't take you on as a lying mechanic. By suggesting ioan would be the ideal person at spinning our herioc achievements in the press, you have proved what a poor liar you are.

Now, if you had of suggested his temprement, tact and fairness makes him an ideal ambassador to the FOTA / FIA working committee then you were in!

Garry Walker
17th September 2009, 14:24
Can I be the PR-guy?

Knock-on
17th September 2009, 14:30
Can I be the PR-guy?

You will have to work closely with ioan in press :devil:

Garry Walker
17th September 2009, 14:32
You will have to work closely with ioan in press :devil:
Why not, he can clean my shoes when needed :D

wedge
17th September 2009, 14:36
Can I be the PR-guy?

I've always wondered whether or not you're the son of Peter Windsor! :D

Garry Walker
17th September 2009, 14:40
I've always wondered whether or not you're the son of Peter Windsor! :D

I think that is the biggest insult anyone has ever told me :D

Knock-on
17th September 2009, 14:47
I think that is the biggest insult anyone has ever told me :D

Surely not.

How about the love child of Flavio and Susan Boyle :D

;)

Garry Walker
17th September 2009, 14:52
Surely not.

How about the love child of Flavio and Susan Boyle :D

;) Well, at least you didnt say I had anything to do with Anthony Davidson, so its not too bad :D

Knock-on
17th September 2009, 15:16
Well, at least you didnt say I had anything to do with Anthony Davidson, so its not too bad :D

PML :laugh:

Roamy
17th September 2009, 15:48
Well, as long as you don't mind being subcontracted out as Flavio's jock strap then you're in ;)

Now all we need in Uncs to win one of his famous big money golf matches to sponsor this outfit and we're off :)

Bit slow on Pit girls this time around. Must be losing my touch :(

NOT a problem plus JV just gave me a zillion quid to get a seat!!
I will take a quick trip now to Colombia/Argentina and get us some "Pit Babes"

Knock-on
17th September 2009, 16:00
NOT a problem plus JV just gave me a zillion quid to get a seat!![/quote

Ah, um, well, er, we were hoping to get someone a little more, how do you say, er, competitive :eek:

Tell you what, if Mr Jan (or anyone else) can't do it, we'll let Jacques know ;)

I will take a quick trip now to Colombia/Argentina and get us some "Pit Babes"

If not, how about another little import. Vic Lee got away with it for long enough :D (Is he out yet :erm: )

JasonD
17th September 2009, 17:30
Im great at making sandwiches. I can also push things. I also have extensive experience staring at a computer screen with a very stern look on my face.

MrJan
17th September 2009, 17:36
I also have extensive experience staring at a computer screen with a very stern look on my face.

As does every other member on this forum

JasonD
17th September 2009, 17:39
As does every other member on this forum

So we'll go in rotation then. :)

UltimateDanGTR
17th September 2009, 17:48
Ill do the PR. and when im not PR'ing, im very good at ripping up cardboard boxes playing mind games with the other teams.

any position for me?

Storm
18th September 2009, 06:23
Are you forgetting your ex racing driver now, ahem?
With more experience gained in these last few years (in crap cars) I should slot in nicely. :s

ArrowsFA1
18th September 2009, 08:56
Chassis to get Arrows involved in the project:

http://www.f1-sales.com/fa17.htm
:bounce:

Although...the FA1 maybe a cheaper option (costs n'all that), and the Cossie would be a snug fit :s mokin:

Knock-on
18th September 2009, 10:17
Are you forgetting your ex racing driver now, ahem?
With more experience gained in these last few years (in crap cars) I should slot in nicely. :s

Well, you couldn't be any worse than JV but what would the lovely Mrs Storm say? Wouldn't want to upset the Lady by endangering her old man ;)

555-04Q2
18th September 2009, 10:54
I've got US$17 to sponsor your new team Knockie. Does that get me one side of the car :p :

raybak
18th September 2009, 11:11
I can put my hand up for test driver, having been an Australian Champion Rally driver in my class in my 3 Cyl Charade :)

Also can bring 15 Euro in sponsorship, enough to put a very small sticker on the car or buy some sunscreen for me :)

Ray

Knock-on
18th September 2009, 13:39
I've got US$17 to sponsor your new team Knockie. Does that get me one side of the car :p :

That gets you a 50x300 sticker... underneath the car :D

Knock-on
18th September 2009, 13:40
I can put my hand up for test driver, having been an Australian Champion Rally driver in my class in my 3 Cyl Charade :)

Also can bring 15 Euro in sponsorship, enough to put a very small sticker on the car or buy some sunscreen for me :)

Ray

Sorry but you're overqualified. Can't win the championship too easily or people will ask questions. Things have tightened up since the Tag/Schumy days ;)

555-04Q2
18th September 2009, 15:46
That gets you a 50x300 sticker... underneath the car :D

I'll take it :p :

SGWilko
18th September 2009, 16:01
Can I put myself forward.

When we were young, my Sister suggested that my ideal job would be a left hand glove sorter in a right hand glove factory....

Perhaps I could be in management.... :D

Sonic
18th September 2009, 16:12
Ok Knockie, we need a list of whose in and whose out. Following the proper FIA vetting proccess of course ;)

jens
22nd September 2009, 21:09
Apologies for a late application, but I could be a race strategist in that very new Knock-on team. :D Don't worry - I know the finances are tight in the team, so I won't order a driver to crash, which could bring up costs. :)

Sonic
22nd September 2009, 21:33
Apologies for a late application, but I could be a race strategist in that very new Knock-on team. :D Don't worry - I know the finances are tight in the team, so I won't order a driver to crash, which could bring up costs. :)

Well if I get a slot as a driver you won't need to order me to crash - that just comes with the deal! ;)

Easy Drifter
23rd September 2009, 01:40
I can supply the drinks. I have a nice little drink concern in the backwoods. All product is well aged for at least 24 hours. More if I can't shake the survellience team. If need be for more power it can be added to the fuel as long as tech doesn't test it.
Guaranteed to make a driver go faster. Maybe not drive faster, but go faster.
Comes in clear unmarked bottles.

harsha
26th September 2009, 17:55
can i be the guy checking the tire pressures and all :cheese:

being a jackman can be dangerous esp with the reducing costs and all :p :