PDA

View Full Version : Forza 3 anyone?

steve_spackman
16th September 2009, 22:48
Looks good, though basically a revamp of the 2nd game, with a few extras bits and pieces.

Like the addition of the Aussie V8's and Le Sarthe and finally a cockpit cam. Only beef with the cockpit cam is that there will be no simulation of gear changes, even paddle shifting..

MrJan
16th September 2009, 22:55
Not so keen on the cut back in percentage of real tracks. While the created circuits have a good layout I often find that they lack realism and are a bit limp.

steve_spackman
8th October 2009, 22:38
Not so keen on the cut back in percentage of real tracks. While the created circuits have a good layout I often find that they lack realism and are a bit limp.

Agreed

harvick#1
9th October 2009, 02:24
I find it to be the same as Forza 2, still seems way to arcady, plus I don't see any difference from FM2 to FM3 outstide seem cleaner graphics.

fake circuits are also a big let down, there are hundreds of real tracks to be made, Toca 3 was awesome for making the real tracks from all over the world.

JSH
20th October 2009, 21:29

Which actual tracks has it got. The website is big on hype and low on facts.

MrJan
21st October 2009, 08:23

Not really sure, I'd imagine that a lot of the Forza 2 tracks are on there, plus Le Mans

ArrowsFA1
21st October 2009, 11:06

Amalfi Coast[TBN] (Italy)
Track Layouts:
• TBA
Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello (Italy)
Track Layouts:
• Mugello Grand Prix Circuit
• Mugello Short Circuit
Circuit de Catalunya (Spain)
Track Layouts:
• Circuit de Catalunya Grand Prix Track
• Circuit de Catalunya National Track
• TBA
Fujimi Kaido (Japan)
Track Layouts:
• TBA
Le Mans - Circuit de 24 Heures (France)
Track Layouts:
• Circuit de La Sarthe
• Circuit de La Sarthe without chicanes
• Circuit Bugatti
Maple Valley Raceway (USA)
Track Layouts:
• Maple Valley Raceway
• Maple Valley Raceway Reverse
• Maple Valley Short
• Maple Valley Short Reverse
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (USA)
Track Layouts:
• Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Montserrat (Spain)
Track Layouts:
• Camino Viejo de Montserrat Circuit
• Camino Viejo de Montserrat Circuit Reverse
• Camino Viejo de Montserrat Short Circuit
• Camino Viejo de Montserrat Short Circuit Reverse
• Camino Viejo de Montserrat Club Circuit
• Camino Viejo de Montserrat Club Circuit Reverse
• Iberian International Circuit
• Iberian International Circuit Reverse
• Ladera Test Track
• Ladera Test Track Reverse
• Ladera Test Track Config 2
• Ladera Test Track Config 2 Reverse
• Ladera Test Track Config 3
• Ladera Test Track Config 3 Reverse
• TBA
New York (USA)
Track Layouts:

• New York Circuit
• New York Circuit Reverse
• New York Circuit Short
• New York Circuit Short Reverse
Nürburgring (Germany)
Track Layouts:
• Nürburgring Nordschleife
• TBA
Road America (USA)
Track Layouts:
• Road America
Road Atlanta (USA)
Track Layouts:
• Road Atlanta Grand Prix Course
• Road Atlanta Short Course
Sebring International Raceway (USA)
Track Layouts:
• Sebring Grand Prix Course
• Sebring Short Course
• Sebring Club Course
• TBA
Sedona Raceway Park (USA)
Track Layouts:
• Long Road Course
• Long Road Course Reverse
• Short Road Course
• Short Road Course Reverse
• Oval
• Oval Reverse
• Drag Strip (1mile/½mile/¼mile/⅛mile)
Silverstone (Great Britain)
Track Layouts:
• Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
• Silverstone International Circuit
• Silverstone National Circuit
• TBA
Sunset Peninsula (USA)
Track Layouts:
• Sunset Peninsula Infield
• Sunset Peninsula Infield Reverse
• Sunset Peninsula Infield Short
• Sunset Peninsula Infield Short Reverse
• Sunset Peninsula Speedway
• Sunset Peninsula Speedway Reverse
• TBA
Suzuka Circuit (Japan)
Track Layouts:
• Suzuka Grand Prix Circuit
• Suzuka East Circuit
• Suzuka West Circuit
Tsukuba Circuit (Japan)
Track Layouts:
• Tsukuba Circuit
• Tsukuba Short
Twin Ring Motegi (Japan)
Track Layouts:
• Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
• Twin Ring Motegi East Course
• Twin Ring Motegi West Course
• Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway

MrJan
21st October 2009, 11:23
I like the sound of a drag strip, although chasing 100ths could waste hours of my life

wedge
21st October 2009, 13:44
Aussie V8s and no Bathurst :(

and before you post, I know there are alternatives!

MrJan
25th October 2009, 21:21
Got this and seems quite good so far, very easy with the steering wheel and I find it very enjoyable. One touch I like is being able to do engine conversions, so in my Ford Fiesta I currently have an RS200 engine and also dropped an R34 motor into a Datsun 510 :D

ArrowsFA1
26th October 2009, 16:07
While the created circuits have a good layout I often find that they lack realism and are a bit limp.
I don't think that's the case this time around. While I prefer the real-world tracks, there a lot of challenging variety in the others.

Played this a fair bit at the weekend and am loving it. It's going to take time working trough the career mode, but the cars and circuits look superb and it's fun to race on.

But...for some reason the developers have changed the online set up :( FM2 was great for online racing and added massively to the longevity of the game for me, but this time around there seems to be far less control over what you race where. Perhaps they'll fix that in time, but it still doesn't detract (too much) from what is a superb game.

MrJan
26th October 2009, 19:03
I never got on with the online part of FM2, there never seemed to be any races which I wanted to enter and setting up your own would only result in about 2 other people taking part.

I do like the layouts of the fake tracks, all very tricky and enjoyable to drive, but I find them unrealistic as the surroundings aren't in anyway normal.

Also I'm really annoyed that they haven't removed the thing where you get slowed down for putting all 4 wheels off the track, especially as some of the tracks at Ladera (I think) aren't obvious.

djparky
15th November 2009, 12:38
slightly disappointed with Forza 3- it looks great, they've added some cars and more tracks...but if you put it on hard settings even with driver aids you can't ever beat the AI cars, put it on medium and it's too easy-

I've been playing racing games for years and am pretty good with them in general but even doing perfect laps I just can't catch the AI cars on this- I don't mind not winning all the races (I never did that in F2 either) but to know you'll end up 5th each time no matter how hard you drive is a bit dispiriting really!

and some of the new tracks- are just a nightmare- Sedona (spend most of the time off the track), the twisty thing in Japan

Daniel
22nd February 2010, 13:07
I'm up for some FM3 if anyone wants to play :) gamertag is SgtStupid306 if you want to add me :)

steve_spackman
24th February 2010, 16:37
What race classes do you prefer?

FM3 is ok, but with a very poor track selection and only 8 cars on the grid, its kinda hard to have a proper race.

steve_spackman
24th February 2010, 16:39
I'm up for some FM3 if anyone wants to play :) gamertag is SgtStupid306 if you want to add me :)

FM3 is ok, but with a very poor track selection and only 8 cars on the grid, its kinda hard to have a proper race.

Daniel
24th February 2010, 16:40

I quite like the race classes though at the moment I'm playing without sound so it's difficult as I can't hear when I'm getting wheelspin!

steve_spackman
24th February 2010, 16:47
I quite like the race classes though at the moment I'm playing without sound so it's difficult as I can't hear when I'm getting wheelspin!

BreadedVirus is my GT. You will mainly find me on Race Pro. The best sim on the consoles. Yeah it has a few issues but the car and track selection is great.

Reason why i got FM3 is for the Aussie V8's and Le Sarthe

I run the LMP and GT cars on Forza.

MrJan
24th February 2010, 19:52
I'm MrJanYeo but TBH I'll usually be on FIFA or MW2 when I get online. Also I hide quite a lot as my cousin all wants to play Modern Warfare and sometimes I just want to chill and mess about on Dirt or FIFA.

steve_spackman
24th February 2010, 20:17
Anyone fancies a quick run through Le Sarthe or what have you, just le me know. As i said im mainly on Race Pro, but can find me on FIFA 10, FM3 and a few others also

downtowndeco
1st March 2010, 15:31
Anyone fancies a quick run through Le Sarthe or what have you, just le me know. As i said im mainly on Race Pro, but can find me on FIFA 10, FM3 and a few others also

Yes, thanks. I considering getting an xbox just for this game & more specifically for this track.

How long does it take until you unlock the track? One of the things I don't like about GT4 is you've got to race forever just to get to it, and then race for another year to do any races longer than a few laps.

24 hour race possible? Realistic tire wear/fuel use? Field size? day/night?

Thanks much, I appreciate it.

Daniel
1st March 2010, 15:34
Yes, thanks. I considering getting an xbox just for this game & more specifically for this track.

How long does it take until you unlock the track? One of the things I don't like about GT4 is you've got to race forever just to get to it, and then race for another year to do any races longer than a few laps.

24 hour race possible? Realistic tire wear/fuel use? Field size? day/night?

Thanks much, I appreciate it.
Le Mans is available from the get go :)