PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull accept their Championship hopes are over

Knock-on
14th September 2009, 12:09
And put the blame on Renault engines.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5g06a5RQee7WSNAuMW_H2AvUJukzg

Think he has a point. You cant race with no engine.

Renault will no doubt claim it's because of installation issues but at the end of the day, the engines don't work and Brawn are going to win both Championships at a canter.

Ranger
14th September 2009, 12:17
Red Bull need to go all out from here. They might restore a little pride in their season instead of tip-toeing all the way to minor points positions.

Dave B
14th September 2009, 12:18
Horner's comments in the BBC post-race forum were full of praise for the Mercedes engine in the back of the Brawns and Force Indias, while making reference to how good Red Bull's chassis is.

I think we can draw our own conclusions from that.

Knock-on
14th September 2009, 12:23
Horner's comments in the BBC post-race forum were full of praise for the Mercedes engine in the back of the Brawns and Force Indias, while making reference to how good Red Bull's chassis is.

I think we can draw our own conclusions from that.

Bit like pinning a Donkey on the tail ;)

SGWilko
14th September 2009, 12:23
Either that or Flav will come out with some kind of ridiculous homophobic claim that too many Redbull machanics share a house together... :p

As in too many Red Bulls blow your engine??!!!!

Sonic
14th September 2009, 12:51
I think its fair to say the Renault is down on power compared to the Merc as per Horners example. However the unreliabilty is a Newey trade mark, he pushes the envelope so far that cooling is only just adequate hence more blow ups and failures.

CNR
14th September 2009, 14:06
That would be an interesting concept... Filling a car up with Redbull.. Fancy that.. :p

Yeah Horners comments do hint that there may be a deal ready for next year, why else would they admit defeat in an interview like that?

Red Bull is expected to switch to Mercedes power for next year, but Auto Motor und Sport on Monday suggested that contact has also been made with Ferrari.

ClarkFan
14th September 2009, 14:55
I think its fair to say the Renault is down on power compared to the Merc as per Horners example. However the unreliabilty is a Newey trade mark, he pushes the envelope so far that cooling is only just adequate hence more blow ups and failures.
Hmmm......just like the Mercedes engines that blew up in the back of Newey-designed McLarens?

May Red Bull get what they deserve, even if it isn't what they want.

ClarkFan

F1boat
14th September 2009, 16:06
Hmmm......just like the Mercedes engines that blew up in the back of Newey-designed McLarens?

May Red Bull get what they deserve, even if it isn't what they want.

ClarkFan

I agree. They are the most arrogant and classless team which have fought for the WDC and WCC in recent years. They constantly boast how great they are and how they are gonna win all and how Button is melting and when they fail it is not their fault. I really hope that Kimi will overtake their drivers in the WDC!

Knock-on
14th September 2009, 17:27
That's an interesting point F1boat.

Apart from because of the drivers, does anyone support RBR for the team?

Even Torro Rosso have a bit of identity and charisma surrounding them which is befeft at RBR.

Brawn, FI, McLaren, Williams and Ferrari all have a personality. Hell, even Toyota and BMW to a limited degree but nobody I know would turn around and say they support RBR for the teams sake.

Thinking about it, they do seem to be a bit arrogant and 2 dimensional.

jens
14th September 2009, 17:55
Interesting that in a way RBR's season reminds a bit of 2008 - by this I mean that they still are struggling to put together a consistently good season and have started fading in the second half of the year. Their Silverstone upgrade was fantastic, but after two 1-2's the season has somehow fallen apart. Well, a shame - have to wait for 2010 and another opportunity. Also RBR has started struggling with unreliability after Willis has left the team (I think he played an important role in ensuring RBR's reliability, but I'm not sure if there is any connection right now - probably his departure will be more visible in 2010 car design).

N. Jones
14th September 2009, 18:37
Red Bull have neither kers nor the now legal diffuser. They were the only consistent challenger to Brawn all season, but it's Renault's fault? Teams live and die as a unit and it looks here like Red Bull have died; unless the engine supplier is not considered part of the team?

I guess this means RB is looking elsewhere for an engine. Maybe they can talk BMW into supplying them? :D

Sonic
14th September 2009, 19:07
R

Apart from because of the drivers, does anyone support RBR for the team?

Not me. Which is odd, because on paper I should love them. They support motorsport in all classes across the globe, as well as bringing along the next wave of tallent with all their junior programs. They have several of my fantasy F1 team (Newey, Webber) on staff and they allow their drivers equal treament, yet although logically I should adore them they just seem a bit........souless. Does that make sense to anyone else, or is it just me?

UltimateDanGTR
14th September 2009, 19:16
I agree actually Sonic. Great drivers, great designer, great team boss, but the team just lack the 'soul' and history of ferrari, mclaren and Williams, or that great 'little guy freindly atmosphere' of force india or brawn. bit like toyota, I have nothing against the team, or any team in that matter, but i just dont 'feel' their, for want of a better word, granduer, or 'F1-ness', or heritage.

F1boat
14th September 2009, 19:50
Well, I didn't imagine that I would start such wave of criticism... but I have to say that sometimes Horner can be very annoying and classless, a bit like Flavio, without the success, honestly. Dietrich Mateschitz is cool, however...

jens
14th September 2009, 19:50
I'm not particularly a fan of Red Bull (and I'm not fond of their drinks), but I quite like their team, which is quite among the most likable ones for me. Their livery is nice, drivers are also likable. Also RBR has proved that they are a very serious team. After Jaguar left and were bought by Red Bull, many doubted if RBR is going to take it seriously enough or are they only making propaganda. But they have managed to improve steadily each year. Besides all, in contrast to the opinions above, who emphasize the history factor, I like teams, who are new and take the fight to the ultimate yardsticks of McLaren/Ferrari. ;) RBR has been doing it nicely in 2009 and hopefully it'll continue. :up: And new teams can't have much of a heritage anyway.

UltimateDanGTR
14th September 2009, 19:59
Well, I didn't imagine that I would start such wave of criticism... but I have to say that sometimes Horner can be very annoying and classless, a bit like Flavio, without the success, honestly. Dietrich Mateschitz is cool, however...

I dont think you can compare Horner with Flavio. Thats a big insult to Horner, he would never ask a team member to crash delibrately (Flav might not have, but the point it it wouldnt be a surprise if flav did), Horner never would put all the teams efforts behind one driver, and make the other feel totally irrelevant, Horner plays by the rules, and seems likeable.

to me, the only simularity between horner and flav is the fact that they are both team bosses.

F1boat
14th September 2009, 20:16
And they both boast nonsense...

UltimateDanGTR
14th September 2009, 20:17
And they both boast nonsense...

ok 2. apart from that, entirely different people.

ioan
14th September 2009, 20:44
Red Bull have neither kers nor the now legal diffuser.

They do have the double decker diffuser since Silverstone.

Somebody
14th September 2009, 22:39
Red Bull is expected to switch to Mercedes power for next year, but Auto Motor und Sport on Monday suggested that contact has also been made with Ferrari.

Wasn't the suggestion that Merc had got the okay from the FIA to supply four teams next year (McLaren, Brawn, Red Bull and FI), but that McLaren were trying to veto a supply for RBR?

Saint Devote
15th September 2009, 01:38
I dont think you can compare Horner with Flavio. Thats a big insult to Horner, he would never ask a team member to crash delibrately (Flav might not have, but the point it it wouldnt be a surprise if flav did), Horner never would put all the teams efforts behind one driver, and make the other feel totally irrelevant, Horner plays by the rules, and seems likeable.

to me, the only simularity between horner and flav is the fact that they are both team bosses.

Hold on a minute....
How can you maintain such an opinion of Briatore or of Horner?

Compared to Briatore, Horner is still in management diapers and has achieved - ZERO!

How many championships has Horner as manager won? ZERO!

Briatore is the one that gave two of the most outstanding drivers in 20 years their big chance and he is the only one out there that has managed BOTH drivers to consecutive championship wins apiece.

Of course Briatore will be controversial - thats Flavio - his views are respected in FOTA and by Bernie - and he is Renault team principle, not only the manager - he has been around for a long time in racing and has always been someone with a different view.

And..... he dates the prettiest girls in the world - in my view he beats little Horner plumbs down!! :vader:

stevie_gerrard
15th September 2009, 02:11
Such a shame for Red Bull, they have been great contenders this year, and they did look like they were gonna run it close, but just didnt have enough engines and consistency when it mattered.

Saint Devote
15th September 2009, 02:56
Such a shame for Red Bull, they have been great contenders this year, and they did look like they were gonna run it close, but just didnt have enough engines and consistency when it mattered.

They have done very well actually. Remember they are still quite a young team and to achieve a championship win takes time.

Brawn in name is brand new, but these people have all been together for years and the ingredient to allow it to finally click was Ross Brawn.

Then the new regulations allowed them to hit their sweet spot in an ultra competitive sport.

Clearly Honda had no real confidence in what they had paid for despite the economic collapse.

The Red Bull drivers are not blameless in this. I know I may sound crazy and I have slagged him off before but maybe they need a steady hand that is experienced and understands how to keep out of trouble as well as read a race very well, the name: Nick Heidfeld :eek:

They could then concentrate on Vettel and with Heidfeld a quick steadying influence and Newey, a championship would in my view be far more feasible.

I think that Webber is a disruptive influence for such a new team.

F1boat
15th September 2009, 07:14
ok 2. apart from that, entirely different people.

We have an agreement, Sir ;)

Garry Walker
15th September 2009, 10:15
If Red Bull had better drivers, they would be in a much better position. But their golden boy Vettel has made so many mistakes this year, it is a joke.

SGWilko
15th September 2009, 10:23
If Red Bull had better drivers, they would be in a much better position. But their golden boy Vettel has made so many mistakes this year, it is a joke.

Wow, cut the guy a break! Vettel is still wet behind the ears, and is only making the same sort of mistakes that are made due to inexperience.

Senna, Mansell, Schumacher, Lewis, Alonso all made mistakes as they matured in F1. Vettel is a nice guy, but it is clear that his championship charge has given him added unwelcome pressure that only experience will teach him to deal with.

SGWilko
15th September 2009, 10:24
They have done very well actually. Remember they are still quite a young team and to achieve a championship win takes time.

Brawn in name is brand new, but these people have all been together for years and the ingredient to allow it to finally click was Ross Brawn.

Then the new regulations allowed them to hit their sweet spot in an ultra competitive sport.

Clearly Honda had no real confidence in what they had paid for despite the economic collapse.

The Red Bull drivers are not blameless in this. I know I may sound crazy and I have slagged him off before but maybe they need a steady hand that is experienced and understands how to keep out of trouble as well as read a race very well, the name: Nick Heidfeld :eek:

They could then concentrate on Vettel and with Heidfeld a quick steadying influence and Newey, a championship would in my view be far more feasible.

I think that Webber is a disruptive influence for such a new team.

Red Bull are not that young, they are Stewart/Jaguar remember. The only differences really are 'da management'

Garry Walker
15th September 2009, 10:37
Wow, cut the guy a break! Vettel is still wet behind the ears, and is only making the same sort of mistakes that are made due to inexperience.

Senna, Mansell, Schumacher, Lewis, Alonso all made mistakes as they matured in F1. Vettel is a nice guy, but it is clear that his championship charge has given him added unwelcome pressure that only experience will teach him to deal with.

Where did you get that he is a nice guy? He seems like an arrogant prick to me, with that retarded smile of his.

It is already his 3rd season and Hamilton, who I am not a fan of, was able to compete for the title in his first year. Vettel is simply a far lesser driver.

Big Ben
15th September 2009, 11:28
Where did you get that he is a nice guy? He seems like an arrogant prick to me, with that retarded smile of his.

It is already his 3rd season and Hamilton, who I am not a fan of, was able to compete for the title in his first year. Vettel is simply a far lesser driver.

Where did you get he isn't? Oh... yeah... he seems... No wonder it bothers you he's smiling. You seem to be quite a nice guy yourself. What did you have for breakfest? Children?

ioan
15th September 2009, 11:54
Where did you get he isn't? Oh... yeah... he seems... No wonder it bothers you he's smiling. You seem to be quite a nice guy yourself. What did you have for breakfest? Children?

:D :up:

ShiftingGears
15th September 2009, 12:00
Where did you get that he is a nice guy?

He seems nice, and I have heard no knowledgable opinions to the contrary.

SGWilko
15th September 2009, 12:09

Fe fi fo fum..... :laugh:

Dave B
15th September 2009, 13:17
Fe fi fo fum..... :laugh:
Chris Eubank's phone number...

Garry Walker
15th September 2009, 14:07
Where did you get he isn't? Oh... yeah... he seems...
He seems like a very fake person to me and he appears quite the moaner as well.

You seem to be quite a nice guy yourself. What did you have for breakfest? Children?
No, didnt eat any meat, but your wife gave me milk and cookies.

F1boat
15th September 2009, 14:09

I don't know about the fake person thing, but he moans a lot...

Big Ben
15th September 2009, 14:41

No, didnt eat any meat, but your wife gave me milk and cookies.

She did? Enjoy it while it last. She'll quit soon. She's been feeding the baboons at the zoo for too long now.