PDA

View Full Version : Vettel is a dirty racer!

wedge
13th September 2009, 22:47
I personally don't have a problem but I wonder what a certain Vettel fan thinks of Golden Boy II trying to block Kubica by forcing Kubica onto the grass!

keysersoze
14th September 2009, 00:40
And Kubica wasn't the only driver Vettel moved over on today.

Saint Devote
14th September 2009, 00:59
Determining that Vettel is a "dirty racer" is rather strong language and I do not think it is warranted.

He was too forceful today based on the behavior of his car maybe - loose in the arly stages and then maybe an element of frustration because overall the RB05 did not suit Monza.

There are drivers he should learn from and both of them reside at Brawn. Try and work within the capability of the car that day and get the best result you can without interfering with others.

truefan72
14th September 2009, 01:45
he went over the line today

nigelred5
14th September 2009, 02:31
His blocking today was pretty bad. I was quite suprised as I don't recall that kind of tactics from SV before.

F1boat
14th September 2009, 06:46
Yes, I think that Seb is pretty brutal. Remember Valencia...

Dzeidzei
14th September 2009, 10:58
And I thought it was the other Seb who didnt shower.

Sonic
14th September 2009, 11:39
Very simple, he was too aggressive. Its taking the "one move" rule to extremes when your one move forces another driver to swerve onto the grass in avoidance. Push him to the grass by all means or shut the door before they get alongside but it is not okay to force a driver to make a pass or crash choice.

Also - did Kubica damage his front wing going off track there? Because I saw no damage from the webber touch.

wedge
14th September 2009, 13:44
Ioan is awfully quiet or is it becuase I'm on his Ignore List? :D

Robinho
14th September 2009, 13:47
he did seem prety tough on Kubica, albeit Kubica stil made it past with 2 wheels on the grass.

was it also Vettel who cut off Fisi going under the old banking after he'd picked up an awesome tow, that seemd quite a "chop" too

Knock-on
14th September 2009, 14:30
Ioan is awfully quiet or is it becuase I'm on his Ignore List? :D

Well, I don't think I am so I will quote you to make sure he see's it :D

Sonic
14th September 2009, 14:43
Ah but am I?

Ioan has replied to a few of my threads so I think I avoided that fate (which is good, because what the hell is the point of a debate if everyone agrees all the time).

wedge
14th September 2009, 14:56
Wedge and Sonic are definately on his list.. He declared it last week :)

:rotflmao:

SGWilko
14th September 2009, 15:33
Ah but am I?

Ioan has replied to a few of my threads so I think I avoided that fate (which is good, because what the hell is the point of a debate if everyone agrees all the time).

I disagree! ;)

ioan
14th September 2009, 15:51
he did seem prety tough on Kubica, albeit Kubica stil made it past with 2 wheels on the grass.

was it also Vettel who cut off Fisi going under the old banking after he'd picked up an awesome tow, that seemd quite a "chop" too

Everyone is allowed one defensive move, that's already very limiting when you think that they should be racing not inviting each other to go by.
I'd take a driver who defends like Vettel any day over a pussy like Kovalainen.

wedge
14th September 2009, 16:16
Everyone is allowed one defensive move, that's already very limiting when you think that they should be racing not inviting each other to go by.

http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=532023&postcount=32

http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=532033&postcount=34

http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=532056&postcount=45

Roamy
14th September 2009, 16:22

One problem with moving people off the track is sooner or later one will run up against a JPM or JV and end up doing some "sheet time" a front wheel in front of the other's rear wheel and a light tap on the brake will take care of this sh!t straight away.

ioan
14th September 2009, 16:34
One problem with moving people off the track is sooner or later one will run up against a JPM or JV and end up doing some "sheet time" a front wheel in front of the other's rear wheel and a light tap on the brake will take care of this sh!t straight away.

And you consider that to be clean racing?! :rolleyes:

UltimateDanGTR
14th September 2009, 16:50
I didnt like some of Vettels defending yesterday, very agressive, and overstepping the mark IMO. There were moments where certain drivers had a good run on him on the straight, and he just swirved right in front of them. very dangerous, it was Race Driver Grid online style, just chop right infront of people, is pretty pathetic actually. defending is fine, but i believe if someone has a good run on you, you should leave them enough room on the track for an F1 car. personally, Giving them hardly any room is ok, aslong as these arent dangerous, but just chopping and dangerous and isnt proper racing. and what should he do if he does get overtaken? Fight back. If he can, and he has the car. I believe there is a difference between defending and 'chopping', and i think vettel got confused and chose the latter.

Knock-on
14th September 2009, 17:13
http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=532023&postcount=32

http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=532033&postcount=34

http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=532056&postcount=45

You've been waiting for that for some time, haven't you ;)

Come on ioan. Were you right then, or now?

It's either disgracefull or good driving. It can't be both :)

ioan
14th September 2009, 17:13
You must be on the ignore list as these are all related.... :p

Good guess! ;)
Life's been great since I added a few people to my ignore list. :D

Sonic
14th September 2009, 17:25
You've been waiting for that for some time, haven't you ;)

Way to much time on his hands! :p

IMO one defensive move is more than enough. A well thought out defense can be as good to watch as a well execute pass, however Vettel's block was none of those things. It was crude and ill timed and done with only one thing in mind - preventing a pass that was already happening, and forcing Kubica into a shunt was the only way he wasn't going to be following a BMW rear wing into the Lesmo.

Robinho
14th September 2009, 17:26

i agree actually, i think he was pretty tough on track at Monza, but i didn't see anything outside the rules. i sure wouldn't be happy if i was on the receiving end, but that would be cos i couldn't get past

ioan
14th September 2009, 17:40
Well it does mean you miss out on some of the fun old bean... Now Wedge has been quoted, have a look through the links and you'll find you were quite vocal about others being defensive on track in the past. Indeed less defensive than what Vettel displayed on Sunday, so why the sudden change of heart?... :)

Wedge must have had those saved for a moment like this though.. Very funny :laugh:

wedge is on my ignore list for a very good reason and I'll stick to my decision, I will not read anything he posts ever again, this is as good for me as is for you others for not having to witness any useless keyboard wars anymore.

jens
14th September 2009, 18:02
Vettel raced a bit hard, but on the other hand difficult to directly complain. Surely the following driver won't like it and may be rightly annoyed, but... Senna defended like that, Schumacher did it, Hamilton as well. It's in the nature of top drawers to push to the limit in every area. So in a way I'm satisfied Vettel has shown some serious aggressiveness after he was called "pussy" and "softy" in the first half of the season.

wedge
14th September 2009, 22:22
Way to much time on his hands!

Bookmarks are a wonderful! I was hoping for Ioan to slip up! :D

Just to make it clear: No way did I set out to 'bully' Ioan. Ioan is a Motorsport Forum institution, a loveable rogue.

If you're going to point fingers and laugh at other posters then you should receive the same treatment equally. People who can dish it out but don't take have no class. A shame he cannot admit wrong and hold his head up high instead of spitting out your dummy an cowering behind Ignore Lists.

So in a way I'm satisfied Vettel has shown some serious aggressiveness after he was called "pussy" and "softy" in the first half of the season.

Well I was vocal about him earlier this year.

Actually, I enjoy being proven wrong especially when drivers answer their critics. Massa's performance in Hungary 2008 onwards being another excellent example.

leopard
15th September 2009, 07:00
I wouldn't put the blame others has caused an incident occurred on me, that's purely my fault being incapable of handling something or more my unluckiness. Never think of anyone or anything dirty...

Roamy
15th September 2009, 08:39
And you consider that to be clean racing?! :rolleyes:
It is about as clean as the guy running you off the track. It gets down to a question of survival. Do you want to go off track in the grass at speed or do you want to launch the MF who is pushing you off. Or do you just want to wear the "Pink shoes" and brake.

Roamy
15th September 2009, 08:44
wedge is on my ignore list for a very good reason and I'll stick to my decision, I will not read anything he posts ever again, this is as good for me as is for you others for not having to witness any useless keyboard wars anymore.

haha what did wedge do say "fu__ Schumacher"

Garry Walker
15th September 2009, 10:12

Thankfully others have exposed your hypocritical stance already. If someone other than Vettel had done those moves, you would be screaming like a pre-teen girl (as you did when Webber and Kimi made moves that were nowhere near as bad as this one)

Roamy
15th September 2009, 16:19
actually a blocking move is where you change lines in FRONT of the other car. NOT when you move into the car when ANY part of the car is next to you. we always have good battles on here when a car gets their front wheel up to the cockpit of the the car in front and in the corner the lead car "takes the racing line" Most of these guys are professional and know what is right and what is wrong. A few have just too big opinion of themselves.