PDA

View Full Version : At a thumbs up for MAX after a long time

race_director
12th September 2009, 02:40
Nelson Piquet has received the protection of immunity from prosecution by Formula One governing body the FIA. The Brazilian is currently deeply involved in a scandal with ex-team Renault after claiming that chiefs Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds asked him to crash on purpose during last year's Singapore Grand Prix.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/

The most logical decision and also will make driver's confident enough in the future to come out with all the dirty tricks of the trade. A decision which will set a groundwork for the future, so that no manager can threaten the driver's about there career or life.

Good Job MAX

Saint Devote
12th September 2009, 02:53
What are you talking about?

You think that the FIA providing immunity for a driver that becomes a snitch is positive?

Nelson Piquet, if these accusations are true - and they had better be the truth because Briatore has launched criminal proceedings against the Brazilian brat - has just self-destructed his racing career at every level.

If daddy Nelson does not pay for a racing team, then Piquet is going to have to seek some other line of work - maybe in the family bank business.

If I were Briatore I would confront Piquet and break his jaw with the greatest right hand since Muhammed Ali!

Of course I believe Briatore and think that Piquet has become all bitter and twisted as he realizes he is nowhere near as good as his father was.

This realization after being raised as the "champion in waiting" has surely driven him mental.

race_director
12th September 2009, 03:50

You think that the FIA providing immunity for a driver that becomes a snitch is positive?

Nelson Piquet, if these accusations are true - and they had better be the truth because Briatore has launched criminal proceedings against the Brazilian brat - has just self-destructed his racing career at every level.

If daddy Nelson does not pay for a racing team, then Piquet is going to have to seek some other line of work - maybe in the family bank business.

If I were Briatore I would confront Piquet and break his jaw with the greatest right hand since Muhammed Ali!

Of course I believe Briatore and think that Piquet has become all bitter and twisted as he realizes he is nowhere near as good as his father was.

This realization after being raised as the "champion in waiting" has surely driven him mental.

sorry i am no league to reply to your post. sure iaon has a answere for it :)

gloomyDAY
12th September 2009, 04:05
Junior better have his claims substantiated or else he's in deep poop!

I have to agree with Flavio that Nelson has acted like a spoiled brat. I think the mouthing off after being fired and suddenly bringing up this touchy subject at such a convenient time shows that Flavio was right about his decision.

The full details are not yet known, but if Renault is cleared of any wrongdoing, then I hope Junior gets the book thrown at him from all opposing sides.

CNR
12th September 2009, 04:18
Junior better have his claims substantiated or else he's in deep poop!

I have to agree with Flavio that Nelson has acted like a spoiled brat. I think the mouthing off after being fired and suddenly bringing up this touchy subject at such a convenient time shows that Flavio was right about his decision.

The full details are not yet known, but if Renault is cleared of any wrongdoing, then I hope Junior gets the book thrown at him from all opposing sides.

suddenly bringing up this touchy subject at such a convenient time ?
not sure about this

may be they did try to blackmale them

Bernie Ecclestone, the Formula One commercial rights-holder, told The Times that Piquet informed him he was going to tell the FIA about the affair as long ago as the Monaco Grand Prix at the end of May.

According to Ecclestone, Piquet has told the FIA that it was Ecclestone who encouraged the driver to follow through on a course of action that would damage Briatore, but the promoter denied this.

Malbec
12th September 2009, 09:15
Nelson Piquet has received the protection of immunity from prosecution by Formula One governing body the FIA. The Brazilian is currently deeply involved in a scandal with ex-team Renault after claiming that chiefs Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds asked him to crash on purpose during last year's Singapore Grand Prix.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/

The most logical decision and also will make driver's confident enough in the future to come out with all the dirty tricks of the trade. A decision which will set a groundwork for the future, so that no manager can threaten the driver's about there career or life.

Good Job MAX

So giving a willing participant in a possible conspiracy immunity to attack a manager Max doesn't like is a good thing? As with Alonso in Stepneygate Piquet knew about what was going on and went along with it, possibly having suggested it in the first place. How guilty does that make him?

How much power does that give disgruntled drivers and managers to threaten and blackmail teams in the future? What effect will that have on the sport?

Also what message does this send out to the outside world about F1? Just in case you'd forgotten how rotten and corrupt this sport was we just thought we'd remind you with yet another scandal. BTW if you're a major sponsor thinking about investing 100s of millions of dollars in our wonderful sport we just thought we'd show you how we can drag your name through the mud in a million different ways.

truefan72
12th September 2009, 09:38
So giving a willing participant in a possible conspiracy immunity to attack a manager Max doesn't like is a good thing? As with Alonso in Stepneygate Piquet knew about what was going on and went along with it, possibly having suggested it in the first place. How guilty does that make him?

How much power does that give disgruntled drivers and managers to threaten and blackmail teams in the future? What effect will that have on the sport?

Also what message does this send out to the outside world about F1? Just in case you'd forgotten how rotten and corrupt this sport was we just thought we'd remind you with yet another scandal. BTW if you're a major sponsor thinking about investing 100s of millions of dollars in our wonderful sport we just thought we'd show you how we can drag your name through the mud in a million different ways.

yep

BDunnell
12th September 2009, 10:20

Agreed...

...but not with this bit. There's nothing to suggest from the problems of the recent past (McLaren and Mosley) that the outside world is much concerned with what goes on inside F1. People are still watching in large numbers and sponsors don't seem to have been put off by such things. I'd say the recession has been more of a factor regarding the latter point. Yes, Renault's sponsors will be angry that the manufacturer with which they are associated should become embroiled in a scandal of this sort, whatever the outcome, and could well be put off further backing, but beyond that I doubt the ramifications will be too severe. After all, this is (probably) an isolated case, unlikely to happen again. Sponsors would understandably be put off if a driver was being killed at every race meeting, or if there were serious doubts about the future of the championship, but I doubt that 'Renault-gate' will discourage too many. As I said, there's little or no evidence for it that I can see.

ioan
12th September 2009, 10:33

He's right. The drivers need to be protected about abusive actions from their team bosses especially from the likes of Flavio.

Big Ben
12th September 2009, 15:56
He's right. The drivers need to be protected about abusive actions from their team bosses especially from the likes of Flavio.

Didnīt Briatore claim that the Piquets tried to blackmail him to keep Jr. in the team. Of course itīs just a claim but I havenīt seen any proof from the other side either.

So lets say both allegations are true. Why then should this pathetic loser be spared? In this case he only came clean because their evil plan didnīt work. And if it isnīt true... he did it for spite, not remorse or anything like that. He would have happily kept his mouth shut if things had gone his way.

I donīt like FB one bit but what he says itīs the only thing that could explain why this spoiled brat was kept for this season too. Despicable men the piquets.

Big Ben
12th September 2009, 16:12

I believe Max acts like this for spite too.

SGWilko
12th September 2009, 16:29
I believe Max acts like this for spite too.

I am stunned to learn that Max has a sense of homour;

http://timesonline.typepad.com/formula_one/2009/09/the-wheels-at-monza.html

last night the Fleet street press enjoyed dinner as guests of Max Mosley at a restaurant in the park just a mile or so from the track (where the food was awful). Max was in great form and this was a sort of goodbye dinner as he approaches the end of his tenure as president. There was hysteria at the end when we presented him with a "leaving present". This was an elegant leather riding crop or whip which Johnny McEvoy of the Daily Mail had procured and had engraved on our behalf from a supplier in Piccadilly. As McEvoy put it, there was a possibility that Max might even find it useful. This brought the house down and Max was beside himself. He said that Woman B was currently off having a baby but he thought Woman A, Woman C and Woman D might enjoy it. Some of us were laughing so much we were in tears...the present was offered in good humour and it was received in exactly that spirit...

Daika
12th September 2009, 16:32
Nobody worried that Piquet put people's lives at risk? How can anybody applaud a idiot like that? Really great immunity for a suicide bomber.

SGWilko
12th September 2009, 16:37
suicide bomber.

??????

A poorly thought out comment IMO.

Daika
12th September 2009, 16:42
??????

A poorly thought out comment IMO.

Delibrately putting your car into the wall pretty much define my definition of a suicide bomber. Ofcourse i'm not implying anything political. Sorry if i offend anybody, won't be usefull in a debate so i take that back.

markabilly
12th September 2009, 16:44
Immunity from the FIA????

Well if Nelson thinks that makes him safe, wellll, guess what? :rolleyes:

Problem is the FIA can not give him immunity from French criminal law, and not any other country's laws.

and this would include a certain country known as Singapore......where penalties are often executions and other generally harsh impositions , for relatively minor offenses :hot:

Daika
12th September 2009, 16:48

Problem is the FIA can not give him immunity from French criminal law, and not any other country's laws.

and this would include a certain country known as Singapore......where penalties are often executions and other generally harsh impositions , for relatively minor offenses :hot:

The positive side from all of this is that Piquet can keep his F1 super license...hopes he can enjoy it.
Whose jurisdiction is it anyway? Singapore, French??

SGWilko
12th September 2009, 16:49
Delibrately putting your car into the wall pretty much define my definition of a suicide bomber. Ofcourse i'm not implying anything political. Sorry if i offend anybody, won't be usefull in a debate so i take that back.

Well, if NPKJnr was attempting suicide, he cocked that up too!!!!!!!

ioan
12th September 2009, 16:49
Didnīt Briatore claim that the Piquets tried to blackmail him to keep Jr. in the team. Of course itīs just a claim but I havenīt seen any proof from the other side either.

I posted a link to the proof against Renault, in the Singapore race fixing thread.
However you're right we didn't see any proof about the alleged blackmailing that only Flavio seems to know about.

ioan
12th September 2009, 16:52

Let's wait first for the proof against Piquet as I can't see any of it yet, all the proof points against the Flab.

Roamy
12th September 2009, 17:09

cane the little prix !!!

markabilly
12th September 2009, 17:16
Let's wait first for the proof against Piquet as I can't see any of it yet, all the proof points against the Flab.
I don't disagree as to flab, but no one, even nelson gets criminal immunity through the fia......

BDunnell
12th September 2009, 17:54

What a strange thing to say. In that case, I'm sure Enzo Ferrari and Colin Chapman would have probably ended up being thrown out of the sport, being as they were utterly unreasonable towards many a driver of theirs.

BDunnell
12th September 2009, 17:55
Delibrately putting your car into the wall pretty much define my definition of a suicide bomber.

Er... my definition of a suicide bomber is generally someone who commits suicide by way of blowing themselves up with a bomb.

BDunnell
12th September 2009, 17:57

I would say that there is an equal amount of 'proof' in relation to both sides at present, i.e. not an awful lot. But we wouldn't want to let what we actually know stand in the way of what we 'reckon', would we?

SGWilko
12th September 2009, 18:11
I would say that there is an equal amount of 'proof' in relation to both sides at present, i.e. not an awful lot. But we wouldn't want to let what we actually know stand in the way of what we 'reckon', would we?

I reckon you could be right.... ;)

ioan
12th September 2009, 18:16
I reckon you could be right.... ;)

Oh man, you shouldn't have quoted him.

Daika
12th September 2009, 22:24
Er... my definition of a suicide bomber is generally someone who commits suicide by way of blowing themselves up with a bomb.

Bomb, truck, boat, formula 1 car. You get the point, Potential to kill himself and others.

race_director
13th September 2009, 01:20
for me flavio is a very lose person. and i am myself convinced that what ever all happened is true .