PDA

View Full Version : Toyota S2000

Abarth
3rd September 2009, 11:57
Not bad of the Corolla/Auris on the first 2 ss in Australia.

Lets hope we are in for a surprise, that will lead to export of some cars to Europe !

Sulland
25th October 2009, 09:01
Did the Aurus get the FIA Homologation ?

Karbonyl
25th October 2009, 19:25
Yes. The global international FIA homologation has been given to African version of Auris, the Australian car (the same base model, but called Corolla), which is slightly different from the SA version, has only national homologation with with exception for possible starts in Asia-Pacific Region (as it is impossible to give the international homologation to two different S2000 cras based on the same model).

Sulland
11th November 2009, 21:17
Toyota Paraguay have bought an Auris !!! Cool !

http://www.s2000rally.com/car-detail.php?car=229

Mirek
11th November 2009, 21:18
It has it more than one year...

milly
20th November 2009, 10:37
The SA car is very poor design and build quality - Australian version is much better but politics got in the way.

Toyota South Africa is more committed to rally and forced their way to get homologation.

katxal
21st November 2009, 15:33
]It has it more than one year...

it was our biggest black hole hehehe...

Barreis
21st November 2009, 17:20
I like Your site very much..

katxal
24th November 2009, 22:45
I like Your site very much..

Thank you very much Barreis

Grant_RSA
18th December 2009, 07:22
Milly

Please explain your statement?

The SA car is very poor design and build quality - Australian version is much better but politics got in the way.

Toyota South Africa is more committed to rally and forced their way to get homologation.

Have you ever seen an SA built Auris?

macksrallye
18th December 2009, 07:46
Have you ever seen an SA built Auris?

Have you ever seen the Australian built Auris?

Neal Bates Motorsport has experience with WRC cars as well as developing their own Group N (Prototype) vehicle to compete with the EVO's & STI's so his teams build quality is extremely high. I haven't seen the SA car & personally wouldn't be suprised if the two were very close in build quality.

Grant_RSA
18th December 2009, 07:51
Have you ever seen the Australian built Auris?

Neal Bates Motorsport has experience with WRC cars as well as developing their own Group N (Prototype) vehicle to compete with the EVO's & STI's so his teams build quality is extremely high. I haven't seen the SA car & personally wouldn't be suprised if the two were very close in build quality.

i have no doubt that Neil Bates concern does an excellent job, however a statement such as Milly's is interesting seeing as he/she has probably never seen an SA built car.

I believe statements like that should have some sort of foundation.

milly
18th December 2009, 20:37
i have no doubt that Neil Bates concern does an excellent job, however a statement such as Milly's is interesting seeing as he/she has probably never seen an SA built car.

I believe statements like that should have some sort of foundation.

Yes - have seen both Run X and Auris versions (SA and Aus).

The Australian versions were far more professional in final finish and general quality of design and build.

Of course, that's just a personal opinion.