PDA

View Full Version : Open format F1 Championship-any interest?

tannat
30th August 2009, 09:58
If there is one game we all have in our collection it is probably an F1 game. It may be from the mid to late nineties, or it may be more recent, but chances are everyone has at least one F1 game from some era.

Would anyone be interested in participating an an open format (in other words, ANY game would be allowed) championship?

Yes-there would be discrepancies in lap times, etc. But that is not what this is about.

This is simply a 'for fun' championship celebrating arguably the highest form of motorsport in existence.

Lemme know your interest and feel free to start any discussion...

Tannat

Bruce D
31st August 2009, 06:25
Well I guess the first question is whether it'll be hotlaps or full races, and how will you make up the differences in the games?

tannat
31st August 2009, 11:41
Well I guess the first question is whether it'll be hotlaps or full races, and how will you make up the differences in the games?

10 lap races, with no effort for equivalency at the outset. Once I got a vibe for the different speeds involved with the different drivers weights could be applied (i.e. tire settings, gearing etc)

Looks as if this isn't too hot an idea, so probably will not happen.... :(

52Paddy
5th September 2009, 17:15
I would be interested in an F1 championship. But mixing games would probably be very difficult to do fairly. We could run one based on the very first PS F1 game (1995 season.) That was class!