PDA

View Full Version : F1 2010 calender:

UltimateDanGTR
28th August 2009, 19:08
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090828163446.shtml

apparently the 2010 F1 season calender. its from F1 Live, so dont expect 100% truth. its provisional ofcourse. if it is true, then Bahrain is the 2010 season opener. Canada is back, and the european gp has been moved to late june before the british grand prix, provisionally at donnington, which ofcourse will move to silverstone if not done in time. abu dhabi is apparentlyseason finale again, and china has been moved again to september.

interesting note: No korea like apparently there was gonna be, but i spose its a good thing as we have already got enough asian races on bland circuits.

whether this is 100% ture or not is yet to be seen, but this is a thing to mull over in the mean time.

William Hunt
29th August 2009, 00:20
Strangely enough South Korea is missing from that provisional list and they were supposed to join the calendar next year. But then the source of this calendar is possibly not accurate, it wasn't published by the FIA so it's a very unofficial list.

UltimateDanGTR
29th August 2009, 18:36
calender is true it turns out, as demonstrated by a much more reliable source, the beeb:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8228228.stm

philipbain
31st August 2009, 23:36
I was surprised to see that South Korea hasnt been included, that'll be a load of money for nothing going to Bernie then as they have to pay up race or no race!

philipbain
31st August 2009, 23:41
Also Canada is back on, which is great news, a well supported race in north america, would be nice to have at least 1 race in the USA, possibly 2 (USA GP East & West like back in the 70s and early 80s!).

I love it when you get people suggesting Laguna Seca as a possible GP venue, tune into sanity FM, the facilities would need a massive upgrade and the track would require fundamental changes which would ruin it. Also Watkins Glen would need at least a major pit upgrade though the rest of the track may be suitable with only minor changes (extending some run-off areas etc.). Money no object I would say that a major upgrade of Road America would produce a fabulous GP track, unfortunately it is extremely unlikely to happen, but you can dream...

stevie_gerrard
1st September 2009, 11:51
Delighted that canada is back, though im really annoyed by Australia being moved about to make it more easier for European audiences to watch it. I really enjoy watching it at 3/4am and the fact its on later in the morning UK time is a real shame like im missing out on those early morning starts.

philipbain
1st September 2009, 12:43
Delighted that canada is back, though im really annoyed by Australia being moved about to make it more easier for European audiences to watch it. I really enjoy watching it at 3/4am and the fact its on later in the morning UK time is a real shame like im missing out on those early morning starts.

To be honest I am really not with you there, I always used to get up at silly o'clock for races but I have to admit that since I had Sky+ installed a few years ago I just watch the races when I get up, I still watch it "as live", just delayed and by not knowing the result it makes no difference to me. Also races at silly o'clock get noticably lower ratings, even on the re-run shown at a more socialable time, its in the interest of the broadcasters and sponsors to have races shown in Europe at times when the audience is more likely to be awake!