PDA

View Full Version : Bianchi spotted in Ferrari garage at Spa

woody2goody
28th August 2009, 10:48
According to the BBC, during Free Practice 1 this morning, Jules Bianchi was standing behind Luca Badoer's Ferrari with Nicolas Todt, talking to the engineers for the number 3 car.

Could he be the man for the seat after Spa? If so, is he on a bit of a hiding to nothing at this point in the year?

BeansBeansBeans
28th August 2009, 11:21
I doubt he'll be the only GP2 driver hanging around Ferrari trying to get a shot.

Sleeper
28th August 2009, 11:49
^Especially when he's in Euro F3.

F1boat
28th August 2009, 12:23
What about superlicense?

BeansBeansBeans
28th August 2009, 12:29
^Especially when he's in Euro F3.

Of course, my mistake :up:

BeansBeansBeans
28th August 2009, 12:30
What about superlicense?

He'd qualify by dint of his record in F3.

woody2goody
28th August 2009, 14:37
So is he any good then?

ShiftingGears
28th August 2009, 14:57
So is he any good then?

Leading F3 Euroseries at the moment. However, it is way too soon to judge his pace.

He is managed by Nicolas Todt.

Alfica
28th August 2009, 15:10
Jules Bianchi is really talented driver, but can you imagine 20yr old young guy driving his first ever F1 race for Ferrari in Italy? I'm not sure that he would handle that pressure..

woody2goody
28th August 2009, 17:35
Jules Bianchi is really talented driver, but can you imagine 20yr old young guy driving his first ever F1 race for Ferrari in Italy? I'm not sure that he would handle that pressure..

It's not fair for Bianchi to be honest. They should put Tonio Liuzzi in the car for Monza. That way, they get an Italian driver who has decent F1 experience who will be able to challenge for the podium alongside Raikkonen.

Either that or Fisi should be in. In fact, either driver going to Ferrari on loan would be fine for Force India.

I won't be here to partake in the Monza shenanigans barring a miracle :D

jens
28th August 2009, 18:22
Uuh, I don't think it's fair to rush that young man into F1 so soon... and immediately into nothing else than Ferrari, at Monza. That's simply not right. Bianchi should first do GP2 in 2010 and then in 2011 let's take a look at F1 options. :)

I personally like those vague Fisichella-rumours. He could finally get his dreamed Ferrari drive right at the end of his career - how nice would that be?! :)

ioan
28th August 2009, 18:25
Uuh, I don't think it's fair to rush that young man into F1 so soon... and immediately into nothing else than Ferrari, at Monza. That's simply not right. Bianchi should first do GP2 in 2010 and then in 2011 let's take a look at F1 options. :)

I personally like those vague Fisichella-rumours. He could finally get his dreamed Ferrari drive right at the end of his career - how nice would that be?! :)

I think it will be Fisi, as Ferrari seems set to give a ride to all the Italian drivers who ever wanted just that and if they wouldn't have lost one opportunity using Badoer they could have given a last race to Jarno too.

William Hunt
29th August 2009, 00:24
It would be a dream to see the legendary Bianchi name back in F1 (especially for Belgian fans).
Jules Bianchi in a Ferrari F1 would be sensation but he would suffer from the big jump from F3 to F1 but he's massively talented but surely he would be faster as Massa, even though he's totally inexperienced in an F1 car.

Still it would be awesome to see the legendary Bianchi name back in F1 though (especially for Belgian fans).
Bianch is half French half Belgian, born in Nantes and with a French racing licence.

He is the nephew of the great F1, rally & Le Mans driver Lucien Bianchi (3rd in Monaco 1968) and the grandson of Mauro Bianchi (Lucien's brother) who was also great in sportscars (3 times world GT champion).

ioan
29th August 2009, 01:13
Jules Bianchi in a Ferrari F1 would be sensation but he would suffer from the big jump from F3 to F1 but he's massively talented but surely he would be faster as Massa, even though he's totally inexperienced in an F1 car.

Some people should really take their pills before posting on public forums! :D

Dave B
29th August 2009, 10:07
And some people should take their own advice :p

ioan
29th August 2009, 13:27
And some people should take their own advice :p

Be my guest! :p :