PDA

View Full Version : Campos on a steep learning curve

Knock-on
27th August 2009, 11:45
"When we entered and we showed we had the resources and money, which was set at £40 million for the budget cap, we had the guarantee of many performance advantages. First there was the engine being set at 20,000rpm. There was the unlimited number of engines per season, there was unlimited testing mileage. We had also some aerodynamic devices, and other little elements too.

"These all disappeared, and the only thing that did not disappear was the budget we already had. So we cannot now afford to go the level of others, so with £40 million, and 120-130 people will be very tough."

What surprises me is that they were naive enough to sign up to a two tier system thinking the established teams would bend over and grease up :laugh:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78021

I am evil Homer
27th August 2009, 11:57
Can't say I care much....the fact they got in due a completely undemocratic process ahead of other teams such as Prodrive makes the whole thing a mockery. Enjoy spending £40m to never be seen on TV apart from Q1 and when being lapped.

ioan
27th August 2009, 12:00
What surprises me is that they were naive enough to sign up to a two tier system thinking the established teams would bend over and grease up :laugh:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78021

Can't feel sorry for such 'competitors' who were happy to start with a huge advantage over the competition. :D

Knock-on
27th August 2009, 12:13
Can't feel sorry for such 'competitors' who were happy to start with a huge advantage over the competition. :D

Agree.

It was a smelly situation and anyone with an iota of knowledge of F1 knew it was Max playing his playground F1 games.

Bit of a wakeup call. If you're going to swim in the Pirannah club, you cover your ass and believe nothing greeks with gifts offer :laugh:

woody2goody
27th August 2009, 14:18
Oh well looks like they'll have to try to find some more money.

Aren't Force India only on 60million? And look how well they're doing.

Easy Drifter
27th August 2009, 14:20
Better make sure another part of your male anatomy is also very well protected when you leap in the water.
I hear they make good bookends.

UltimateDanGTR
27th August 2009, 14:38
doesnt look good for campos, the least well financed team of the 3 new ones. hopefully, rumours about telefonica and BBVA sponsorship are true, because at least then good sponsors will help them a bit more, otherwise campos might be real strugglers.

ClarkFan
27th August 2009, 15:45
Hmmm.....looks like a new sporting wager in the offer - which of the anounced new teams wil/won't make the grid in 2010.

BBVA sponsorship could also get a bit tricky - they will be subsidized to the tune of several $B by US taxpayers for the losses from the bad loans at Guaranty Financial - that may not set well with spending money on expensive sports sponsorships.

Campos=Mastercard Lola? It seens that they are already setting up to bow out. Remembering the Midland "new design" fiasco of a few years, does anyone know if Dallara's bills have been paid?

ClarkFan