PDA

View Full Version : Edward Kennedy Takes the Long Sleep

Roamy
26th August 2009, 07:57
Good this flamer has lived long enough. RIP

jimakos
26th August 2009, 08:24
The last Kennedy died!!
Let's has a nice trip to the other world...

Daniel
26th August 2009, 09:42
Nice work Foustina, taking pleasure in someone's death. Classy

A.F.F.
26th August 2009, 11:39
Can't say that I'm too sorry either.

chuck34
26th August 2009, 13:41
Jeez, you guys are cold. While I didn't ever agree with the guy politically, and his personal life was a mess. That doesn't mean that we should disrespect the dead.

RIP, and my sympathy goes out to his family.

anthonyvop
26th August 2009, 13:59
Jeez, you guys are cold. While I didn't ever agree with the guy politically, and his personal life was a mess. That doesn't mean that we should disrespect the dead.

RIP, and my sympathy goes out to his family.
Just because a person has died it does not mean they are suddenly a good person.

He was a murdering alcoholic. He and his family were the epitome of a nouveau rich, limousine liberals.

Garry Walker
26th August 2009, 14:03
Good riddance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_incident for those who have no idea what kind of a "man" that dirtbag was.

BDunnell
26th August 2009, 14:07
He wouldn't have survived at all in British politics after that, and I think it says a lot that he was rehabilitated back into public life, little of it good.

chuck34
26th August 2009, 14:16
Just because a person has died it does not mean they are suddenly a good person.

He was a murdering alcoholic. He and his family were the epitome of a nouveau rich, limousine liberals.

I never said he was a good person. All I'm saying is that it would be in "good taste" to lay off the guy, at least for a bit. I just don't think it's a good idea to drag a guy throught the mud right after his passing, no matter if he deserved it or not. Especially in a case like this where things are sooooo Politicized. It only hurts your cause. It may be best just to not say anything.

donKey jote
26th August 2009, 14:26
what's wrong with you, still haven't got over tina ? :p : :dozey:

BDunnell
26th August 2009, 14:57
I never said he was a good person. All I'm saying is that it would be in "good taste" to lay off the guy, at least for a bit.

This is something that is always said in these circumstances, yet nobody ever says how long it should be left for. When Margaret Thatcher dies, I want to be able to say 'good' straight away, rather than have to wait until such time as people have stopped saying meaninglessly how awful her decline and death must have been for her racist daughter and arms-dealing son. Were George W. Bush to shuffle on tomorrow, I and many others would also rejoice without any feelings of guilt. If I don't respect someone in life, why should I be in any way respectful towards their death?

I just don't think it's a good idea to drag a guy throught the mud right after his passing, no matter if he deserved it or not.

If we are to be consistent, this does include people such as Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

Garry Walker
26th August 2009, 14:59
. When Margaret Thatcher dies

Did she ever drive a car into a lake and then left the scene without telling anyone and left a person to die in there?

BDunnell
26th August 2009, 15:02
Did she ever drive a car into a lake and then left the scene without telling anyone and left a person to die in there?

I don't consider this the sole reason to dislike someone in public office.

chuck34
26th August 2009, 15:05
Fine, blast away. I really don't care I guess. I just don't see rejoicing in someones death as a good thing. Celebrate the fact that they will no longer be influencing public policy, maybe.

Take the GWB example for instance. What will change when he dies that deserves celebration? He's not doing anything that effects anyone now anyway.

Call me sentamental, or whatever if you must. I just don't celebrate death. And that goes for Saddam and Bin Laden. It doesn't matter to me if they are dead or just in jail. Same outcome really.

Garry Walker
26th August 2009, 15:06

I have always been amused by how much the rabied left-wingers of UK hate Maggie. It almost makes me a fan of hers.

BDunnell
26th August 2009, 15:12
Fine, blast away. I really don't care I guess. I just don't see rejoicing in someones death as a good thing. Celebrate the fact that they will no longer be influencing public policy, maybe.

Take the GWB example for instance. What will change when he dies that deserves celebration? He's not doing anything that effects anyone now anyway.

Call me sentamental, or whatever if you must. I just don't celebrate death. And that goes for Saddam and Bin Laden. It doesn't matter to me if they are dead or just in jail. Same outcome really.

All fair points, especially the last. All I am saying is that the passing of certain especially damaging individuals will not trouble me in the slightest.

Roamy
26th August 2009, 15:12

Daniella see Anthony's comment - he sums it up pretty damn well.

Plus now TV is going to be screwed up for two weeks but hopefully not as bad as when they offed the pedophile

chuck34
26th August 2009, 15:17
All fair points, especially the last. All I am saying is that the passing of certain especially damaging individuals will not trouble me in the slightest.

I have no prolem if someone's death doesn't trouble you in the slightest. I just don't see why some choose to celebrate other's death.

Expanding on your GWB example. Since it is ok if people "rejoice without any feelings of guilt" at the time of his passing. Would it be ok for others to do the same if Obama shuffled off tommorow? I, for one, don't want anyone dead, and will never rejoice in that event, but I do wish for people's policies to change, or at least to no longer be in a position to bear influence on matters.

Roamy
26th August 2009, 15:22

Don't worry we have many more reasons !!

26th August 2009, 15:33
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_incident for those who have no idea what kind of a "man" that dirtbag was.

I remember a quote from Dennis Leary....

"Teddy Kennedy....good senator....bad date!"

(I have no idea if he was a good senator or not, I just liked the joke)

BDunnell
26th August 2009, 15:41
Expanding on your GWB example. Since it is ok if people "rejoice without any feelings of guilt" at the time of his passing. Would it be ok for others to do the same if Obama shuffled off tommorow? I, for one, don't want anyone dead, and will never rejoice in that event, but I do wish for people's policies to change, or at least to no longer be in a position to bear influence on matters.

It is inevitable that some people would. Personally, I wouldn't be amongst them and would disagree with those who did, but there will always be such divisions based on personal viewpoints.

BDunnell
26th August 2009, 15:43
I remember a quote from Dennis Leary....

"Teddy Kennedy....good senator....bad date!"

(I have no idea if he was a good senator or not, I just liked the joke)

The one I liked was on Not The Nine O'Clock News - a picture was shown of some people swimming while wearing peaked caps and some sort of uniform, with the voiceover 'In Hyannis Port, auditions are held for Senator Edward Kennedy's new chauffeur.'

chuck34
26th August 2009, 15:46
It is inevitable that some people would. Personally, I wouldn't be amongst them and would disagree with those who did, but there will always be such divisions based on personal viewpoints.

Exactly. If you would disagree with people celebrating one person's death, I think it would be wise not to celebrate anyone's death. Again, celebrating the fact that someone is no long making public policy is ok. But in my view death is never something to be celebrated, no matter what side of the aisle you may be on.

Daniel
26th August 2009, 15:52
what's wrong with you, still haven't got over tina ? :p : :dozey:
No, I'm still partying :p

Daniel
26th August 2009, 15:53
Daniella see Anthony's comment - he sums it up pretty damn well.

Plus now TV is going to be screwed up for two weeks but hopefully not as bad as when they offed the pedophile

The whole TV thing is annoying. It's a complete overreaction, used to be that someone carked it and it was on the news a few times and you got over it. Now it's announced and then you get the reaction from "experts" and thena bunch of whinging whining ****tard nobodys. This much I sympathise with :)

BeansBeansBeans
26th August 2009, 16:08
There is a lot to be said for keeping a dignified silence at times like this, regardless your opinion of the deceased. I dislike Margaret Thatcher but I won't be joining in with the gleeful mud-slinging that will inevitably greet her passing.

chuck34
26th August 2009, 16:13
There is a lot to be said for keeping a dignified silence at times like this, regardless your opinion of the deceased. I dislike Margaret Thatcher but I won't be joining in with the gleeful mud-slinging that will inevitably greet her passing.

Exaclty. Nice to know I'm not alone. Sometimes I wonder.

Roamy
26th August 2009, 16:21
I suppose you two will mourn the death of the Lockerbie Bomber or do you have to kill 273 vs just 1 to qualify for shame??

BeansBeansBeans
26th August 2009, 16:42
I suppose you two will mourn the death of the Lockerbie Bomber or do you have to kill 273 vs just 1 to qualify for shame??

I won't be mourning the Lockerbie bomber, Margaret Thatcher or Edward Kennedy. I will however be keeping any hateful slurs to myself in the immediate aftermath of their deaths, out of a seemingly old-fashioned sense of decency.

Cooper_S
26th August 2009, 16:59
The guy is dead, if you didn't like his politics then that is fine but go create another thread on that subject.

Just like the passing of anyone, I thought this thread would just show some modicum of respect for a life that's passed.

And if you have none to give, then just ignore the thread.

It is not normal practice amongst descent people to spit into a book of condolences?

Why should it be tolerated in an electronic thread of condolence?

For some, it is clear that Ted Kennedy in life did nothing for them, They may well not support of his brand of politics.

However personally having witnessed his presence via international media all my life, it is not hard to just simply say...

RIP Ted Kennedy.

BDunnell
26th August 2009, 17:00
I won't be mourning the Lockerbie bomber, Margaret Thatcher or Edward Kennedy. I will however be keeping any hateful slurs to myself in the immediate aftermath of their deaths, out of a seemingly old-fashioned sense of decency.

I don't think it's an old-fashioned sense of decency. If Jeffrey Archer were to drop down dead, what is there worth saying about him other than that he was a crap novelist, a git and a crook? And, as I said, when does the period in which it's deemed unacceptable to say anything negative about someone end? A day? A week? A year? Some people don't consider it acceptable to speak ill of the dead at all, which is clearly a ridiculous concept.

BDunnell
26th August 2009, 17:01
It is not normal practice amongst descent people to spit into a book of condolences?

Different behaviour can be applied to different situations.

BeansBeansBeans
26th August 2009, 17:02
I don't think it's an old-fashioned sense of decency. If Jeffrey Archer were to drop down dead, what is there worth saying about him other than that he was a crap novelist, a git and a crook?

Why say anything at all?

And, as I said, when does the period in which it's deemed unacceptable to say anything negative about someone end? A day? A week? A year?

Play it by ear.

BDunnell
26th August 2009, 17:09
Why say anything at all?

Because (a) it's ridiculous to gloss over the bad points of someone about whom one has strong opinions, and (b) if I want to say something I'm perfectly entitled to say it.

BeansBeansBeans
26th August 2009, 17:19
(b) if I want to say something I'm perfectly entitled to say it.

Oh please, this isn't a rights issue. I am also entitled to express negative opinions about the dead also but it doesn't mean I have to do so.

Cooper_S
26th August 2009, 17:21
Oh please, this isn't a rights issue. I am also entitled to express negative opinions about the dead also but it doesn't mean I have to do so.

Well said...

chuck34
26th August 2009, 17:22
I don't think it's an old-fashioned sense of decency. If Jeffrey Archer were to drop down dead, what is there worth saying about him other than that he was a crap novelist, a git and a crook? And, as I said, when does the period in which it's deemed unacceptable to say anything negative about someone end? A day? A week? A year? Some people don't consider it acceptable to speak ill of the dead at all, which is clearly a ridiculous concept.

It is acceptable to say "I don't like his healthcare policy", or "I don't like the fact that he wasn't held more responsible for Chapaquitic(sp?)". It's quite another thing to rejoice in his death. Or do the electronic equivelent of dancing on his grave. Is the difference really that subtle?

BDunnell
26th August 2009, 17:46
It is acceptable to say "I don't like his healthcare policy", or "I don't like the fact that he wasn't held more responsible for Chapaquitic(sp?)". It's quite another thing to rejoice in his death. Or do the electronic equivelent of dancing on his grave. Is the difference really that subtle?

Maybe I was wrong to suggest any element of rejoicing. Being entirely unconcerned would probably be more acceptable. But I still feel that honesty is always the best policy.

BDunnell
26th August 2009, 17:46

I don't have to do so either, but I may choose to.

Daniel
26th August 2009, 17:48
How about a nice cup of shut the **** up for everyone? :)

Roamy
26th August 2009, 18:05

Do I do the bop, monkey, reggae or just line dance?????

Roamy
26th August 2009, 18:08
The guy is dead, if you didn't like his politics then that is fine but go create another thread on that subject.

Just like the passing of anyone, I thought this thread would just show some modicum of respect for a life that's passed.

And if you have none to give, then just ignore the thread.

Why should it be tolerated in an electronic thread of condolence?

For some, it is clear that Ted Kennedy in life did nothing for them, They may well not support of his brand of politics.

However personally having witnessed his presence via international media all my life, it is not hard to just simply say...

RIP Ted Kennedy.

Hey Cooper I started the thread so if you don't like it boogie on to another thread. Or start one about what a fine prick this guy was. But maybe if you daughter was having cocktails with him you would feel different.

gm99
26th August 2009, 18:17
The last Kennedy died!!

Hardly, as they have been known to procreate like rabbits.

Also, one of the offspring of Joseph & Rose is still alive - Jean Kennedy Smith (mother of the infamous William Kennedy Smith)

Cooper_S
26th August 2009, 18:39
Hey Cooper I started the thread so if you don't like it boogie on to another thread.

Big deal... you start a great many gutter level threads... if we all stayed away form them you'd have no one to talk to...

I think the wrong American died today... :(

chuck34
26th August 2009, 18:43
How about a nice cup of shut the **** up for everyone? :)

Daniel, your PM's are full.

Daniel
26th August 2009, 18:46
Daniel, your PM's are full.
No they're not :p

Daniel
26th August 2009, 18:47
Big deal... you start a great many gutter level threads... if we all stayed away form them you'd have no one to talk to...

ZING! :D

Roamy
26th August 2009, 20:12

No it is you that have no respect for someone's innocent daughter. It is YOU that is the problem in this country.

BTCC Fan#1
26th August 2009, 21:45
This thread makes me sad..

Ted Kennedy always struck me as one of the seemingly few effective Senators, regardless of what people thought about his personal life or political outlook. My thoughts and condolences are with his family for whom he was obviously an important and central figure. RIP Sen. Kennedy.

BDunnell
26th August 2009, 23:43

Ted Kennedy always struck me as one of the seemingly few effective Senators, regardless of what people thought about his personal life or political outlook. My thoughts and condolences are with his family for whom he was obviously an important and central figure. RIP Sen. Kennedy.

But should he have been allowed to continue in political life given the doubts about what happened 40 years ago? Like I said, in the UK I very much doubt his political career would have been permitted to continue. Is this a good or bad thing?

Tazio
27th August 2009, 00:42
Exaclty. Nice to know I'm not alone. Sometimes I wonder.+1

Tazio
27th August 2009, 02:29
Society crime writer Dominick Dunne dies at 83

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/26/dominick.dunne.obit/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

What an odd Coincidence that Dunn who wrote speculatively about crime,
and the Kennedy’s should die of the "Big C" the day after E.K.
Poetic justice, or something more sinister?
Now he gets his "Season in Purgatory"

Roamy
27th August 2009, 04:08

What about Mary Jo's family?? This guy is a piece of sh!t that should have died in prison.

anthonyvop
27th August 2009, 05:06

The only sad thing about Kennedy's death is that it was 40 years too late. I despise that family. I hate what they have done to this country. I hate everything they stand for. And I particularly hate the media's practically annointing then with Sainthood.

chuck34
27th August 2009, 13:35
The only sad thing about Kennedy's death is that it was 40 years too late. I despise that family. I hate what they have done to this country. I hate everything they stand for. And I particularly hate the media's practically annointing then with Sainthood.

Take out your first sentence, and I'd pretty much agree with you. Wishing death upon someone, even those you STORNGLY disagree with, is not a good thing in my book.

Bemoan the fact that this guy didn't get the justice that was deserved 40 years ago. Fine.

Despise the fact that this entire family has it's political base rooted in the drug running of the day, boot legging. Fine.

Hate the policies that he and the rest of his family push. Fine.

Hope for the day that this family no longer has some sort of strange hold on the media, and some sort of special place in the hearts of Liberals throughout the world. Fine.

But never, ever wish for death on someone.

anthonyvop
28th August 2009, 23:45
Take out your first sentence, and I'd pretty much agree with you. Wishing death upon someone, even those you STORNGLY disagree with, is not a good thing in my book.

Bemoan the fact that this guy didn't get the justice that was deserved 40 years ago. Fine.

Despise the fact that this entire family has it's political base rooted in the drug running of the day, boot legging. Fine.

Hate the policies that he and the rest of his family push. Fine.

Hope for the day that this family no longer has some sort of strange hold on the media, and some sort of special place in the hearts of Liberals throughout the world. Fine.

But never, ever wish for death on someone.
Considering that it was a Kennedy that directly lead to the death of a family member I can wish slow painful death on them.

BDunnell
29th August 2009, 00:35
Considering that it was a Kennedy that directly lead to the death of a family member I can wish slow painful death on them.

In what way?

chuck34
29th August 2009, 02:52

Honestly, it could be argued that a Kennedy led directly to the death of a lot of people's family members. But I seriously doubt that any member of the Kennedy family rejoicied in anyone's death. So why rejoice in one of their's?

Tazio
29th August 2009, 03:46
Considering that it was a Kennedy that directly lead to the death of a family member I can wish slow painful death on them.You should honor your ancestor for fighting for a cause he believed in.
Not dwell on the ill conceived plan of attack.
If it wasn't for JFK's balls to call Khrushchev hand before his nukes were delivered in the missile crisis,
Your whole fVcking family would have been vaporized!

anthonyvop
30th August 2009, 22:05
Honestly, it could be argued that a Kennedy led directly to the death of a lot of people's family members. But I seriously doubt that any member of the Kennedy family rejoicied in anyone's death. So why rejoice in one of their's?

Well it seems that Teddy enjoyed a good joke about the subject.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2326896/posts

anthonyvop
30th August 2009, 22:06
In what way?

I would but it would only allow people like you to make some snide, ignorant comments and I will not allow it.

BDunnell
30th August 2009, 22:25
I would but it would only allow people like you to make some snide, ignorant comments and I will not allow it.

Why not try me and see what happens? I am genuinely interested. Still, if you want to play the victim, go right ahead.

BDunnell
30th August 2009, 22:29
Well it seems that Teddy enjoyed a good joke about the subject.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2326896/posts

Something which is in complete contrast to the dignity displayed by George W. Bush in all his public appearances, of course. "Now watch this drive."

anthonyvop
30th August 2009, 23:31
Something which is in complete contrast to the dignity displayed by George W. Bush in all his public appearances, of course. "Now watch this drive."

Now you are just being arrogant and spiteful. And of course no grasp of the facts.

BDunnell
30th August 2009, 23:42
Now you are just being arrogant and spiteful. And of course no grasp of the facts.

Well, that's me told.

Mark in Oshawa
31st August 2009, 05:48

Unlike Ben, I will choose to say it is the perfect reason to have no time for the man. I wish those who loved him have some pain eased that they don't see him suffer, but personally, I always thought Ted Kennedy was the one Kennedy I couldn't find one redeeming quality about in his political life. The Kennedy's deserved better, and unlike his sister Eunice, I wont miss Ted one iota.

Outside of Chappaquiddick, there is the shameful drunken behaviour that had been part of his legacy for YEARS, a legacy of behaviour that would have sunk any other politician NOT a Kennedy.

No...Ted, played a man of the people, but wasn't one.

I don't like to see anyone suffer when they die when they are just a bad narcissitic type, but in Ted's case, I still think Chappaquiddick was a case of where the Kennedy's did prove they could get away with anything.

Robert and Jack were the two brother's who had some redeeming qualities......Ted? Well he knew all the best watering holes....

BDunnell
31st August 2009, 21:17
Unlike Ben, I will choose to say it is the perfect reason to have no time for the man.

I think you misunderstand me slightly. I wasn't saying that this isn't a good reason to have no time for him. It is precisely the reason why I think his return to public life was unacceptable.

Tazio
1st September 2009, 15:47
Unlike Ben, I will choose to say it is the perfect reason to have no time for the man. I wish those who loved him have some pain eased that they don't see him suffer, but personally, I always thought Ted Kennedy was the one Kennedy I couldn't find one redeeming quality about in his political life. The Kennedy's deserved better, and unlike his sister Eunice, I wont miss Ted one iota.

Outside of Chappaquiddick, there is the shameful drunken behaviour

Robert and Jack were the two brother's who had some redeeming qualities......Ted? Well he knew all the best watering holes....

I believe That Robert Kennedy was a Tiger and was a cut way above his brother JFK . "I wanted TV but all I got was T-Rex"
I've never had a brother murdered, let alone two. Not to mention another brother that died earlier! That is why I can't trash EK right now, even though his public life was --You put it well-- I won't say vile things (that are deserved) while his family mourns!

Mark in Oshawa
5th September 2009, 21:34
I believe That Robert Kennedy was a Tiger and was a cut way above his brother JFK . "I wanted TV but all I got was T-Rex"
I've never had a brother murdered, let alone two. Not to mention another brother that died earlier! That is why I can't trash EK right now, even though his public life was --You put it well-- I won't say vile things (that are deserved) while his family mourns!

RFK maybe was above the other two, but I wont excuse Ted's behaviour based on Joe or John leaving this earth. Ted left a woman, one he later claimed was just a friend to die in a car he was driving after he was drunk and drove off a bridge and then tried to pretend he knew nothing about it. Point out anywhere in the USA where a Republican politician did anything close to as heinous and was reelected. You cant. Ted was living on the family name in the only state in the US that would condone such behaviour. It is the same state that will now likely elect yet another Kennedy to his seat, while claiming to have having thought about their vote......

I respect the Kennedy's who survive and the fact there are some members of this great family who are worthy of respect and public trust, but Alas, I cant say Ted was one of them. Ted may have done some good in his life, but it was through being right on occasion as all people who are mostly wrong are.....it wasn't by design....

Dave B
7th September 2009, 17:26
This is something that is always said in these circumstances, yet nobody ever says how long it should be left for. When Margaret Thatcher dies, I want to be able to say 'good' straight away...
It goes against my principles, but I agree with you over Mrs T. I'm looking forward to her funeral, and I don't believe we should observe the traditional formality of waiting until after she dies.

BDunnell
8th September 2009, 22:01
It goes against my principles, but I agree with you over Mrs T. I'm looking forward to her funeral, and I don't believe we should observe the traditional formality of waiting until after she dies.

The sight of her two appalling offspring being upset, as they no doubt will be, will certainly bring a smile to my face, as utterly foul and nasty a sentiment as that may sound.

Mark in Oshawa
13th September 2009, 18:20
Gee...I thought it was us right wingers who were mean spirited and bitter. Ben and Dave put proof to THAT lie....

BDunnell
13th September 2009, 18:23
Gee...I thought it was us right wingers who were mean spirited and bitter. Ben and Dave put proof to THAT lie....

It is precisely because Thatcher was so 'mean-spirited' herself, coupled with the appalling nature of her variously racist and arms-dealing children, that I will take such delight in her passing. Very few people provoke that sort of feeling in me.

Mark in Oshawa
13th September 2009, 18:38
I have no time for Ted Kennedy, but I am sorry his family is suffering, and we both know there are plenty more distateful characters in the Kennedy clan, but I don't like to see anyone suffer....

F1boat
13th September 2009, 21:32
I know that he was advocating separation between Church and state, so that's nice. RIP.

Garry Walker
15th September 2009, 11:02
It is precisely because Thatcher was so 'mean-spirited' herself, coupled with the appalling nature of her variously racist and arms-dealing children, that I will take such delight in her passing. Very few people provoke that sort of feeling in me.

I will take great pleasure when that racist and sexist A-hole harriet harman croaks, I will enjoy that very much.

ShiftingGears
15th September 2009, 13:53
I will take great pleasure when that racist and sexist A-hole harriet harman croaks, I will enjoy that very much.

Just read about her. What a fool.

Mark in Oshawa
15th September 2009, 23:28
I know that he was advocating separation between Church and state, so that's nice. RIP.

that separation has been enshrined in the US constitution, but Kennedy was a Catholic and didn't heistate to say so. Somehow that wasn't held against him...

Garry Walker
17th September 2009, 15:16
Just read about her. What a fool.

Me or her?

ShiftingGears
18th September 2009, 13:55
Me or her?

Her. I do not find "positive discrimination" anything other than stupid.

Roamy
3rd October 2009, 02:39
Special Congrats to Ted Kennedy...Three Weeks Sober today!

anthonyvop
3rd October 2009, 04:29
Special Congrats to Ted Kennedy...Three Weeks Sober today!
And nobody killed.

Mark in Oshawa
3rd October 2009, 06:43
At least you guys are consistent....you hated him when he was above ground, and you can make fun of him below. For the record, apparently he was on the wagon the last decade or so. Which maybe why he was such a pain in the @ss......