PDA

View Full Version : Team RAC bring in Reid

MattL
24th August 2009, 11:58
Anthony Reid will join Colin Turkington and Stephen Jelley in a third Team RAC BMW at Silverstone this weekend!

Great stuff - that should spice things up a bit!

Dicks Bennetts said, "Our hand has been forced by Vauxhall instituting team orders at Knockhill with Matt Neal and Andrew Jordan giving points and positions to Fabrizio [Giovanardi]."

BDunnell
24th August 2009, 12:44
Well I never! Great to see him back.

BTCC Fan#1
24th August 2009, 12:59
This could get interesting.. Great to see Reidy back in the BTCC, lets hope he gets up to speed quickly and takes the fight to those pesky Vauxhalls!

UltimateDanGTR
24th August 2009, 13:11
brilliant news. hopefully reid will se a vauxhall, and 'slide' into it, and we can all go mental with excitement!

MG2004
24th August 2009, 13:38
Yabadabadooooooooooooo!

Chris2k6
24th August 2009, 15:24
i woulda thought that if anyone was gonna drive a third team rac bmw it would have been TOC. But nevermind should still be good to see Reidy back in the series and good to see 3 cars for them

Allyc85
24th August 2009, 16:26
Wahoo, great news cant wait to see how he mixes things up! :D :D :D

PDS
24th August 2009, 17:57
What next? Vauxhall to recall Cleland in a 4th Vectra, then Soper to appear in another BMW?

The Ford Focus is struggling, how about getting Andy Rouse back???

It's a shame WSR can't rely on Jelley to back up his team mate.

Chris2k6 TOC isn't an aggresive driver. Reid takes no prisoners.

Mp3 Astra
24th August 2009, 18:01
One of the popular drivers on the list of "people we want to see back in the BTCC". This is going to make the final championship battle very exciting.

BTCC2
24th August 2009, 18:31
Excellent news! It's always great to have a driver from the SuperTouring era back in the championship.

VkmSpouge
24th August 2009, 19:02
Excellent news that Anthony Reid will comeback into the BTCC. He should be able to provide great support to Colin Turkington's championship push.

UltimateDanGTR
24th August 2009, 19:52
Reid takes no prisoners.

understatement of the century :D

and thats why we love him, the perfect stereotype touring car driver-which being stereotype touring car driver is no bad thing!

BDunnell
24th August 2009, 19:57

He's had a funny season, hasn't he? Started well, got better — he seemed to genuinely have the equal of Turkington at Croft, and actually looked as though he had race-winning pace there — but has since dropped a long way back.

VkmSpouge
24th August 2009, 21:55

Well Jelley is certainly no match for Matt Neal though he is level with Andrew Jordan in the Drivers' Championship, so if Anthony Reid can come up to Neal's level then it should be an even fight :)

mattie007
24th August 2009, 22:15
Great stuff! Reid is one of my favourite drivers!

WSRfan82
24th August 2009, 22:38
YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! great news *claps hands* haha let the games begin

neal your going down mate :)

PDS
25th August 2009, 00:07
neal your going down mate :)

Am I missing something???

I thought the idea of Reid joining was to put Giovanardi 'down'? :s

WSRfan82
25th August 2009, 08:52
Am I missing something???

I thought the idea of Reid joining was to put Giovanardi 'down'? :s

well since it will be neal that will be trying to help gio more reids job is to both stop neal from helping and stop gio from scoring max points

i dont know....i just want to see reidy put neal down at the same time he helps turks with gio. what can i say im not really a big fan of neal

Bezza
25th August 2009, 09:00

Thats not the point, RAC now have 3 drivers - just like Vauxhall. So its now a fair contest, and hopefully the dirty tactics of Matt Neal and Vauxhall teamwork will be cancelled out now.

BeansBeansBeans
25th August 2009, 12:59
The Silverstone round is now genuinely unmissable. Great to have him back.

Adam Bollons
25th August 2009, 13:12
At 52 some would say he is too old, I certainly wouldn't. Its great to see him back and despite the ballast and no testing I fancy him to be right up there, maybe he can be in the mix with a race 3 reverse grid. The BTCC is absolutley buzzing at the moment.

Turkington has been the class driver of 2009, his performance at Knockhill impressed me the most. The car wasn't suited to that circuit and he got the absolute maximum from it and was unlucky (and I imagine hugely frustrated) to get stuffed by the Vauxhalls. The championship battle is exciting and adding Reidy to the mix will make for more great racing. The only problem is that the BMW is always going to lose out when the battles get physical (which they will!) with it being RWD.

bt52b
25th August 2009, 15:06
Great to see Reidy back.

Not good news for Jelley. Surely this means he'll be replaced next year.

VkmSpouge
25th August 2009, 18:28
Great to see Reidy back.

Not good news for Jelley. Surely this means he'll be replaced next year.

If he has the cash I imagine he'll be around next year as well.

thetrooper_uk
26th August 2009, 14:38
Well he'll beat Jelley I reckon pretty easily. As for saying Vauxhall have dirty tactics I don't understand what you mean by that. They aren't doing anything the other teams wouldn't be doing in similar circumstances.
Jelley is a wasted seat really and isn't much help to Turkington when he's sat so far down on the grid.
If Reid does well in the remaining races how about seeing him back for a full season? Maybe a chance to win the title he never had.

Caroline
26th August 2009, 16:48
Fantastic news. This may be enough to get me interested in the BTCC again. I always thought Reid would make a return, the BTCC has been good to him.

Sarah
27th August 2009, 09:53
Will be good to see him back in the BTCC.