PDA

View Full Version : Potential good news for us rallyists?

MJW
23rd August 2009, 16:00
Not wishing any bad news in motorsport but IF Toyota could be tempted back to the WRC.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77918

Donney
23rd August 2009, 16:26
As long as they don't cheat again, they'll be welcome.

Woodeye
23rd August 2009, 17:09
Not going to happen. I've said it many times here, in this economical situation no car maker will start a motorsport campaign. That money is needed elsewhere.

MJW
23rd August 2009, 17:11
Toyota as a corporation are losing money for the first time, also Williams F1 team have made a request to Toyota if they (Williams) can be released early from their Toyota engine supply deal. Maybe Williams knows more and doesnt want to be left 'engineless'. Anyway, more to this story (about quitting F1) - I live in hope that Toyota could be one of teh new teams in 2011.

WRCS14
23rd August 2009, 18:27
As many millions as companies spend in Formula 1, I hardly ever see evidence of it on the road, where people drive road cars. You could probably ask 95% of the public what engine powers Williams or Reb Bull and they wouldnt no. Everybody relatively speaking knows Loeb drives a Citroen, or that Tommi drove Mitsubishi, and you would often see people replicating such on thier road cars with TTE or Prodrive stickers on their relevant road cars. Not too often you see the road going public driving cars with Brawn stickers etc.