PDA

View Full Version : Street Race in Waukegan Illinois ?

bratfry
21st August 2009, 15:39
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/index.html

Remember Chris Kneifel?

Pat Wiatrowski
21st August 2009, 16:02
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/index.html

Remember Chris Kneifel?

He did a great job for CC in Vegas.

methanolHuffer
21st August 2009, 16:04
That would be interesting in more than a few ways. I'm all for it in any case. Even if it means losing the oval race.

jwhite9185
21st August 2009, 16:06
Sorry - where!?

nigelred5
21st August 2009, 16:15
Suburb of Chicago. Did I miss something about loosing the race at Chicagoland Speedway? I can't see two Indycar races in the Chicago area.

It sounds more likely they are aiming at the ALMS.

FIAT1
21st August 2009, 19:05
Why not Road America stupid?

nigelred5
21st August 2009, 20:33
Looking at a couple other boards, everyone has the same response- HUH? It make no sense on numerous levels. If people won't go to a superspeedway south of town, or a historic oval that does produce great racing 40 miles north of there or one of the best road courses in North America, and probably the planet a couple hours west of there, Why the heck would they want to go to a streetrace in the middle of a crime ridden superfund site? Downtown Chicago, sure, makes a world of sense, but just can't see it. And don't try to give me the rags to riches Longbeach history lesson, Waukeegan isn't Southern California by any stretch of the imagination.

DBell
22nd August 2009, 00:06

Exactly. If they add a race in this region and it's another street fare instead RA, I may have a conniption. All those years when it was CC vs IRL, street races were evil and money losers (from an IRL point of view). Now they can't seem to add enough of them. This Brazil thing, if it comes about, to this layout in Baltimore that looks like a turd and now WTF, Illinois. Enough street races! Find a way to get RA and Cleveland on the schedule, now that would be great.

DBell
22nd August 2009, 00:08
Remember Chris Kneifel?

Isn't he PT's favorite clown?

Jag_Warrior
22nd August 2009, 01:48
Isn't he PT's favorite clown?

Yep, that be him!

I'm starting a countdown on when they hire Joe Heitzler to run the whole deal. It can't be far off now.

FormerFF
22nd August 2009, 02:42
I can't see the ALMS being interested. They already have that market covered at Road America.

DBell
22nd August 2009, 04:02
Yep, that be him!

I'm starting a countdown on when they hire Joe Heitzler to run the whole deal. It can't be far off now.

They could save some time and just go straight to Chris Pook.

Pat Wiatrowski
22nd August 2009, 16:54

Because Road America does not want them.

SoCalPVguy
22nd August 2009, 22:14
Yep, that be him!

Joe Heitzler is my friend and neighbor, his son was in HS with mine. Joe is very ill with cancer. Please lay off the 'Jargon Joe' or other disrespectful aspects of any future posts regarding him. Thank you.

Mark in Oshawa
24th August 2009, 05:12
That has to be the dumbest idea I have seen yet. In a town no one really knows unless they are from the Chicago area, a street race when there is Chicagoland Speedway to the south, Milwaukee and Road America to the north. This of course would make sense if it was on the Miracle Mile downtown ChiTown, but even then, not sure we need a street race in this part of the US.

Not sure if we need any more street races at all. Go to Montreal, go to New Hampshire, Road America and Cleveland........

FIAT1
24th August 2009, 14:18
Because Road America does not want them.

You know this because you are a board member at RA right?

Mark in Oshawa
24th August 2009, 16:24
FIAT....Road America may not want them...some tracks don't want the headache of trying to pay the fees to the series to bring them in vs the return. In a market that just had them on the oval in Milwaukee, I could see RA managment watching from the sidelines.