PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Champion?

JBAFCB
21st August 2009, 12:20
Who does everyone think will be 2009 BTCC champion then?

Part of me really wants Turkington to win. He's always been there or there abouts and has driven so well this year. Plus it would be nice to have a new champion

The other part of me wants Gio to win just to claim the never-done-before hat trick of titles. Especially with Vauxhall pulling out next year. He's on fire so far in the second part of the season

Or maybe Plato or Neal will have late charge? I think if Plato had had a bit more luck he could have won. He proved his class at Knockhill

I have a gut feeling Gio will pull of the hat trick

Les
21st August 2009, 12:48
I would like Turkington to win it but I am afraid not having a decent team-mate is hampering him a lot. I feel sorry for him having to race against 3 cars playing team orders.

BDunnell
21st August 2009, 12:57
As much as I'd like it to be Turkington, I think Giovanardi will get the hat-trick.

BeansBeansBeans
21st August 2009, 13:39
I'm just glad that it's between Turks & Gio. They're both good lads and great drivers. I'd be happy with either.

VkmSpouge
22nd August 2009, 14:31
I'm really hoping it will be Colin Turkington but his lead has been gradually eroded by Fabrizio Giovanardi in the past few races. I think it will be very close between the two.

wedge
22nd August 2009, 15:43
Head says Gio, heart says Turkington.

Turkington really deserves it. He's been caught out by rivals' better #2s/team orders and been carrying Team RAC for far too long.

mattie007
23rd August 2009, 13:41
Turkington for me. He was close in 06 in the MG and has always done well in whatever car he has been given.

Allyc85
23rd August 2009, 16:27
Head says Gio, heart says Turkington.

Turkington really deserves it. He's been caught out by rivals' better #2s/team orders and been carrying Team RAC for far too long.

Agreed would love to see Turkington take the title. Such a quick and clean racer who does have to do all the work him self with inferior team mates.

I wouldnt be too gutted if Gio won it though as he is just a class act :)

Chris2k6
24th August 2009, 15:31
Come on Turko, you can do it!!

PDS
24th August 2009, 17:59
Now Reid is riding shotgun for Turkington. Colin has no excuse now not to take the overall title.

That being said, I still think that Gio could steal it! What a result that would be?

Mp3 Astra
24th August 2009, 18:04
PDS is right. If they can get 3 beemers off the line at super speed as normal, there's no reason why they can't get ahead of the VXs every time and push Gio as far back as possible. The VXs aren't very good at quali with weight anyway, so that will add to the WSR's advantage. I don't mind who wins, but I will be very happy for Turks if he does finally win; it will be much deserved. If Gio wins it will be VXR going out on a high, which will be nice to see also.

BTCC2
24th August 2009, 18:30
The other part of me wants Gio to win just to claim the never-done-before hat trick of titles.

Just for the record Bill McGovern secured a hat-trick of titles after winning the Championship in 1970,1971 and 1972. Win Percy repeated the acheivement by claiming the 1980, 1981 and 1982 titles and Andy Rouse was the last driver to do so, taking the crown in 1983, 1984 and 1985.

100%hondafan
24th August 2009, 19:33
head says gio although now with reid and brands hatch a bmw circuit. i think turks stands a good chance.

christophulus
25th August 2009, 09:29
Same as everyone else it seems - I'd like to see Turkington win it this time but I can definitely see Giovanardi taking it. Especially with Neal on his side for some dubious 'overtaking' moves/team orders.

JBAFCB
25th August 2009, 11:35
Apologies I thought the hat trick had never been done before! It was the last done the year I was born though so would be good for the history books

I think Reid is a great signing for RAC. He may struggle initally as he'll be carrying 45KG late entrant penalty but I think he'll quickly get up to speed. I was so impressed with him at Goodwood recently, clearly hasn't lost any of his speed. It was a move BMW had to make now that Neal and Jordan will be helping Gio for the rest of the season

I can see the Silverline Chevie's dominating this weekend. Jackson was awesome their last season and Plato has the bit between his teeth

Daz
20th September 2009, 00:40
Like most otheres want Colin to get this years title but am concerned about VXR's dubious team tactics.

tisme
20th September 2009, 23:44
I would like Turkington to win it but I am afraid not having a decent team-mate is hampering him a lot.

I see Turkington's team mate didn't help him today! Two wins!!!

mattie007
21st September 2009, 23:52
Turkington deserves it, hes driven cleanly all year compared to Plato and Gio!

WSRfan82
22nd September 2009, 04:14
turks all the way.

COME ON LAD YOU CAN DO IT!!!

WSRfan82
22nd September 2009, 04:18
1 - Colin Turkington - 249
2 - Fabrizio Giovanardi - 236
3 - Jason Plato - 221 <----could this be a sting in the story for gio or turks
4 - Mat Jackson - 165

thetrooper_uk
22nd September 2009, 13:33
Turks is gonna get it providing no one takes him out at Brands. I don't mind who wins really but my heart wants Turks to get it as I've been a fan of him since he came to the BTCC. He's a very clean driver but needed to be a bit more aggressive to take the title in my opinion.