PDA

View Full Version : New Season: New Champions?

Osella
19th February 2007, 22:50
Sorry if this has been covered before, but having watched Daytona it took me back to previous years and previous rookie performances..
I am not old enough to have experienced the early years of Dale Jarrett, Dale Earnhardt, Terry/Bobby Labonte etc, but it seems to me that rookie year performances are a better indicator of a champion than most other factors nowadays..

I can remember back to the early/mid 90's in NASCAR, so I remember J.Gordon, Stewart, Kenseth etc making their debuts and their rookie years.
So basically what I wanted to ask is; which drivers, out of the current field do people think can become (Nextel) cup champions? (Some might be a bit obvious! ;)

I'd like to kick off with a few ;)
Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman, Denny Hamlin, Greg Biffle.

Anyone got any better ideas?

blakebeatty
20th February 2007, 03:55
Sorry if this has been covered before, but having watched Daytona it took me back to previous years and previous rookie performances..
I am not old enough to have experienced the early years of Dale Jarrett, Dale Earnhardt, Terry/Bobby Labonte etc, but it seems to me that rookie year performances are a better indicator of a champion than most other factors nowadays..

I can remember back to the early/mid 90's in NASCAR, so I remember J.Gordon, Stewart, Kenseth etc making their debuts and their rookie years.
So basically what I wanted to ask is; which drivers, out of the current field do people think can become (Nextel) cup champions? (Some might be a bit obvious! ;)

I'd like to kick off with a few ;)
Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman, Denny Hamlin, Greg Biffle.

Anyone got any better ideas?

Hamlin will enjoy much success, kahne perhaps.

i could also see Mears/Kyle Busch winning

i'd pick Edwards over Biffle,

and i can't imagine that ryan newman will ever win a nextel cup.

Lee Roy
20th February 2007, 04:14
Harvick.

jslone
20th February 2007, 04:53
Remember that last year JJ won the 500 and the title,and this year its off to a great start for Harvick,but I will wait until the end to boast on Harvick.

Sparky1329
20th February 2007, 05:00
Denny Hamlin and Kevin Harvick. I have to see more of what David Gilliland can do but he has really impressed me so far.

RaceFanStan
20th February 2007, 13:45
I'll have to go with Kevin Harvick to become a Cup Champion in the near future ..... ;)

I also have to say I think Greg Biffle will one year win the Cup Championship.
(When Biffle does win the Cup Championship he will become the FIRST 3 series Champion !)

harvick#1
20th February 2007, 14:00
Harvick, Hamlin

I would say Newman, but since after 03, hes gone to crap

RaikkonenRules
20th February 2007, 15:27
Harvick, Hamlin

I would say Newman, but since after 03, hes gone to crap

I think that was more down to Penske Racing than Ryan's performence.

harvick#1
20th February 2007, 15:41
that and every race no loner ends on fuel milage :p :

tstran17_88
20th February 2007, 18:53
...and that the other drivers have retaliated to Ryan's over aggressive driving style. (DJ @ Bristol)