21st August 2009, 07:21
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4921/invitationl.jpg

RBR Motorsport Forums Cup 2009

Round 4:Rallye De France

28,29,30 August 2009

Rally I.D.

When travelling around the Joux Plane passes or Bissane region,
between the 28th and 30th of August 2009, visitors will be
probably run Into the participants of Rallye De France Rally!
Travelling though the mountainous regions and narrow roads,
drivers put their own skills and abilities to the test,
and with both dry and wet races, the only tarmac
rally of the season, Is expected to be
a wonderful and exciting event.

Media

Rallye De France teaser:
wCFhx2RHGO8

Rules

Rallye De France rules will be published

on Monday 24 August

Entry List

Send your entry, to LCD via

private message, as following: :

Nationality : Greek

Driver : LCD

Team : GR Motorsports

Car : Citroen Xsara ‘06

Entries Closing Date

Wednsday 26 August, midnight

jimakos
21st August 2009, 18:07
Great imagination LCD!
You made incredible things again!
Your photo is perfect and the video unbelievable!
It must takes you a lot of time to create so many graphics...
Good for the forum to have a so hardwork man :p :

S.Bera
22nd August 2009, 12:18
Amazing work LCD! I'll try to do my best so i can participate in this rally!

jimakos
22nd August 2009, 12:31
Amazing work LCD! I'll try to do my best so i can participate in this rally!

It would be nice to have you in this rally S.Bera!!
As many we are as better for us :D

S.Bera
23rd August 2009, 21:25
For those who hadn't found it yet; here is excellent fix to lag problem existing in rbr which prevents game to react to Yours controllers imput w/o applying filters. even if You don't realise such lag exists, just give it a try. i don't really feel much change in wheels response, but when it comes to accelerating/ braking- there is great improvement. finally it's not just aboult pressing "pedal to the metal"! read it here:
http://torttu.com/temp/rbr/ffb.txt
i think it's gonna help us a lot on those technical tarmac stages awaiting us!
EDIT: I FORGOT TO MENTION IT AT THE BEGINNING- I WOULDN'T RECOMMENT IT FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT USING STERING WHEELS! I THINK IT'S CONVENIENT MAINLY FOR THOSE WHO ARE USING S/W!

lcd
24th August 2009, 05:40
Format : Single Stage
Class : WRC
Gears : Auto or Manual
Car Damage : Reduced
Tires : Due to weather conditions

GENERAL RULES.....................................

1.Follow Schedule Order!
2.No stages repeated allowed!
3.Point system: 20,17,15,12,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

EVENT RULES.......................................

OPTIONS -> GEARS:
Neutral Lock: Off
Gear Protection: Off
Clutch Help: Off

OPTIONS -> PACENOTES:
Pacenotes: Off

SUPER RALLY .....................................

A Super Rally option Is available for those who retire;
you can go on to the next stage but your retiring stage time
will be the fastest time of the stage + time penalty of 3min.
CAUTION 1: One Super Rally per leg (day) Is allowed!
CAUTION 2: No Super Rally For Rally Sprint event!!!

.................. SCHEDULE ......................

DAY1

ss1: Cote D' Arbroz - weather: rain
ss2: Joux Plane - weather: clear
ss3: Bissane - weather: rain

DAY 2

ss4: Cote D' Arbroz II - weather: rain
ss5: Joux Verte - weather: clear
ss6: Joux Verte II - weather: clear

DAY 3

Rally Sprint Championship 2009

(From the main menu -> Richard Burns Challenge)
Challenge : Cote D' Arbroz - weather: Default

................TIME SUBMISSION...................

Please send me your times, In schedule order
via private message, In column format:

2:25.13
3:43.94
4:21.02
3:32.28
3:54.07
4:42.91
3:00.69

TIMES DUE TUESDAY 1st SEPTEMBER, MIDNIGHT
.................................................. ........

Good luck to everyone !

P.S. 1 Richard Burns says: No cheating please!!!

lcd
24th August 2009, 05:51
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/387/shakedown.jpg

You may start posting your shakedown times:
Make as many passes as you can take!

Entries Closing Date: Wednsday 26 August, midnight
5 entries received so far!

306 Cosworth
24th August 2009, 10:01
I would like to take part in this round as i've been practicing on RBR recently. Am I allowed to join even though i'm playing on PS3?

And something i've just noticed. We're not allowed pace notes on? WTF?!

lcd
24th August 2009, 10:15
...Am I allowed to join even though i'm playing on PS3?

No problem...Welcome on board!

...And something i've just noticed. We're not allowed pace notes on? WTF?!

CAUTION: Pacenotes off, means only the graphical part. NOT the audio...!
Remember to send your entry as following:

Name:
Nationality:
Car:
Team:

Good luck!

306 Cosworth
24th August 2009, 10:30
Cool, thanks LCD will sort the entry out now. How much is entry fee? ;)

steve_spackman
24th August 2009, 10:38
I will be giving this rally a miss, but i will be here for the remaining events of the RBR Cup season.

I would hate to enter this rally, then not be able to make it.

jimakos
24th August 2009, 11:05
And something i've just noticed. We're not allowed pace notes on? WTF?!

That's a LCD's trick for making the rally more difficult!
If you haven't done it before(without pacenotes)it will be a problem in the start.
But don't disappoint ;)
Although,you are welcomed,as many as better for us!

306 Cosworth
24th August 2009, 12:36
Some shakedown times for me, I did 5 runs

Run 1: 2:45.62
Run 2: 2:39.50
Run 3: 2:42.26
Run 4: 2:39.98
Run 5: 2:37.58

I've recently been practicing like made on this shakedown stage, but run the other way. Had a couple of scary 6th gear moments on Run 3 but got away with them, Run 1 was just a warm up, and the other 3 were all clean with too much sliding, so I can go quicker!

Look forward to seeing other peoples times.

lcd
24th August 2009, 13:33
Some shakedown times for me, I did 5 runs
Run 1: 2:45.62
Run 2: 2:39.50
Run 3: 2:42.26
Run 4: 2:39.98
Run 5: 2:37.58

I guess there Is another one fast driver among us...
Posting mine, shortly... ;)

8 entries so far..!

Bruce D
24th August 2009, 14:33
Got a feeling, looking at these times especially, that this rally could turn into a bit of a war. Mind you, can't get much close than the Monte was! =P

NeverKnow
24th August 2009, 14:34
I finished my shakedown runs. Here are the times:
2:37.22
2:34.16
2:36.01
2:35.33
2:33.13
I tried few setup changes and made some small mistakes in every run. Though I am not 100% happy about the cars handling, I look forward to the rally.

306 Cosworth
24th August 2009, 14:39
Wow a 2:33 :eek: I think I might be able to get my times down that low eventually, or maybe not using a PS3 instead of PC!

I don't think i'll feature anywhere in the results to upset anyone, especially on the wet stages as I hate driving on them!

Look forward to seeing the entry list to see if anyone else is in the same car as me.

lcd
24th August 2009, 15:31
After 5 passes:

2:41.21
2:45.94
2:39.28
2:36.40
2:37.25

As mentioned, not good In asphalt... :mad:

jimakos
24th August 2009, 16:23
2:52.29
2:47.15
2:44.90
2:44.63
2:42.10

Really pleased with my times comparing to yours guys :D

jimakos
24th August 2009, 16:42
I'll follow my "teacher's" Bruce advice and participate in this rally with a S2000 car.
Hope for the best...

hoofhearted
24th August 2009, 21:24
only one run in shakedown so far with a 2:43 so not too bad!

Bruce D
25th August 2009, 06:34
I'll follow my "teacher's" Bruce advice and participate in this rally with a S2000 car.
Hope for the best...

Thats my boy!!! :p

Anyway, hopefully I'll get a chance to do a shakedown run this evening. Looking at the times so far and what I was getting in testing, I think the slightest half-spin is going to cost people the rally. Mind you, the shakedown stage isn't really an indication on the general conditions of the rally. Its who gets through Bissane in the wet the best that will probably win it, cos thats the hardest stage on the event.

jimakos
25th August 2009, 06:50
Thats my boy!!! :p

Anyway, hopefully I'll get a chance to do a shakedown run this evening. Looking at the times so far and what I was getting in testing, I think the slightest half-spin is going to cost people the rally. Mind you, the shakedown stage isn't really an indication on the general conditions of the rally. Its who gets through Bissane in the wet the best that will probably win it, cos thats the hardest stage on the event.

Agree :up:
Bissane will be the most difficult stage of this rally,so the winner of it has a big advantage in overall!!

lcd
26th August 2009, 06:35
9 entries so far! :up:
Hope a couple of drivers been here from the start, show up!
Entries closing date: Tonight, midnight

bennizw
26th August 2009, 08:36
We play the stages through the singleplayer mode, not the Czech plugin where you can choose raintyres etc. right?

lcd
26th August 2009, 09:02
We play the stages through the singleplayer mode, not the Czech plugin where you can choose raintyres etc. right?

Some around here, use the RSRBR09 mod, so no mod restrictions there!

bennizw
26th August 2009, 09:51
So I can play the stages through the czech mod, as long as I choose the right weather? There shouldn't be any difference on the dry, but I am not sure about in the rain.

lcd
26th August 2009, 09:54
So I can play the stages through the czech mod, as long as I choose the right weather?

Sure, go ahead!

10th entry just arrived!
Seems there will be some bloddy competition, on tarmac this time! :p :

lcd
26th August 2009, 10:16
Just before RBR Rally De France start, here's the real Joux Verte run:

Faq1h_S4KSY

jimakos
26th August 2009, 10:55
Really enjoyable video!!
RBR proves why is one of the best ;)

bennizw
26th August 2009, 16:16
Had two runs through.

1: 02.22.58
2: DNF

Pretty clean first run. Had a six gear spin in the second one, before going off later in the stage. All in all happy with the cars handling. Will be interesting to see how things turn out in the wet :)

Good luck to everyone!

jimakos
26th August 2009, 16:24
Had two runs through.

1: 02.22.58
2: DNF

Pretty clean first run. Had a six gear spin in the second one, before going off later in the stage. All in all happy with the cars handling. Will be interesting to see how things turn out in the wet :)

Good luck to everyone!

Incredible!!
2.22 in your first time :confused:
I can't imagine the time of your 2nd try,thanks DNF
It seems Bennizw in one step in front of us guys!
Only Neverknow and LCD can catch him but very difficult :D

bennizw
26th August 2009, 17:15
I had driven the stage forwards a couple of times first (I thought that was the shakedown stage :p :) . I don't find 2.22 incredible, but perhaps it was quite fast? :)

jimakos
26th August 2009, 17:53
You can take a look in shakedowns of the others!
You'll see why I said you are really fast :)

306 Cosworth
26th August 2009, 18:14
I had driven the stage forwards a couple of times first (I thought that was the shakedown stage :p :) . I don't find 2.22 incredible, but perhaps it was quite fast? :)

My fastest is 2:37! I suppose with the newer cars and better handling on the mods for PC you can drive the stages much quicker than on PS3.

lcd
27th August 2009, 06:19
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/7061/entrieslist.jpg

lcd
27th August 2009, 06:22
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/4231/worldmap4.jpg

bennizw
27th August 2009, 07:55
I don't think the cars are too much faster than on the PS2 version. I don't find the handling much different from the original version, the mods don't turn it upside down to put it that way. It's all about the setup and the confidence ;)

lcd
27th August 2009, 07:58
...It's all about the setup and the confidence ;)

That's true! :up:

S.Bera
27th August 2009, 13:46
Even if i won't be driving this rally, i wish everyone good luck (you're gonna need it on tarmac ;) )!

306 Cosworth
27th August 2009, 19:15
Just a quick question, when can we do our times, and when do the results usually get announced?

bennizw
27th August 2009, 19:18
Well, I have just finished my rally. No doubt a very tricky event, especially in the wet stages.
Here is a short sum up:

SS1: Ok time, a little bit slippy in the rain. No pushing.
SS2: Hard to adapt to bone dry tarmac from driving in the wet on the previous stage. It felt as I was off the pace compared to previous times through the stage.
SS3: Extremely slippy! Loads of scares and small mistakes, misrable rhytmn and pace.
SS4: All fine, good rhytmn.
SS5: All was well untill the second split, where I rolled the car down a bank after loosing the grip into the second hairpin. I think we went around two or three times, but landed luckily on the wheels again. However the suspension was badly damaged, so had to keep a steady pace to the end.
SS6: Much better than the previous. Some small mistakes here and there, but all in all good.

Sprint challenge: More or less clean. Pushing where it was possible.

All in all interesting event :) Looking forward to seeing everyone elses times!
Thanks for a nice event so far LCD :)

jimakos
27th August 2009, 19:29
Just a quick question, when can we do our times, and when do the results usually get announced?

I think rally starts tomorrow!
When you finish it you can post your times to LCD!
Results announced usually on Wednesday!
You can take more information in rules at 1st page or ask our organiser LCD ;)

lcd
27th August 2009, 19:33

You can do your rally any time, as long as don't miss the deadline :
( Tuesday 1st Sep. )

Results always published the day after ( Wed 2 Sep. )

306 Cosworth
27th August 2009, 20:49
I will do my times tomorrow then as I have no work tomorrow and am too tired tonight. Should be fun :D Just a shame both Cote D'arbroz stages are wet :(

lcd
28th August 2009, 05:49
...Just a shame both Cote D'arbroz stages are wet :(

The Rally Sprint stage ( Cote D' Arbroz ) Is dry ! ;)
Hope you enjoy It!

lcd
28th August 2009, 06:00
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1958/rallystartb.jpg

RALLY START

RBR MOTORSPORT FORUMS CUP
Round 4: Rallye De France
28,29,30 August 2009

Good luck and have fun!

Bruce D
28th August 2009, 06:31
Did my shakedown last night and managed a 2:32.25, after many rolls and crashes trying to see where the limit is. Should be an interesting rally.

This is the last time I will be using a WRC car this year before transfering to a S2000 car for the remainder of the season.

306 Cosworth
28th August 2009, 09:51
I'm off to start the Rallye De France, good luck to everyone competing!

NeverKnow
28th August 2009, 13:30
It was that time again. As the summber break was ending we have Rallye de France. It was unique event as it was the only asphalt event in the calendar.
The current leading driver has also changed his car. "We started talks with sponsors after the first event of the season and now we have funds to run a '03 Focus for the event. Subaru I drove on previous events was very good but unfortunately it doesn't quite match the modern cars. The Focus is wider and has little bit more torque compare to Subaru," he commented the car change. He has 7 tricky tarmac stages drive with very diverse weather.
First stage of the rally was Cote D'Arbroz in heavy rain. Neverknow started little slowly. "We just made few setup changes and I wasn't ready for the grip. I had more grip than I thought I had and because of this I drove slowly," he said after the stage.
The second stage was more faster and flowing than previous stage. And also the stage was dry. "I drove as fast as I deared and tried to not make any mistakes. Though I don't know how good the time is," he said.
The third and last stage of the stage was Bisanne. A very twisty and tricky and probably the hardest stage of the rally. To make things harder, the heavens had opened up and the surface was very wet. "I think I drove very slowly on this stage but luckily didn't had any major incidents. Though I lost the rear spoiler when I went wide a little and hit the barrier with rear. The impact wasn't big, maybe spoiler had loose fittings, I do not know."
The second day started similar stage as the first day. Only difference is the stage is run in reverse. "I had better feeling with the car as I had on the first stage. Though it didn't went that well, I stalled twice at the hairpins on the downhill part of the stage," he commented.
The fifth and sixth stage of the rally were the same and one of them was run also in reverse. Also these stages are completely dry compared to 4th stage. "I liked those stages but I didn't had good rhytm at the stages. On the 6th stage I started to have a good feeling with the car but the stage ended. Thats the problem with rallies. You might not start well but you start getting into it but then there's no more stages to run. On the 5th stage I stalled and on the last stage I had the scare of the rally. I lost rear traction in a 6th gear straight braking into a 4th gear corner. I went sideways for about 20m meters but I recovered," Neverknow said after the last stages of the rally.
On the third day a sprint event was held. For Neverknow it went without incidents. "I drove as fast as I could. Only event I had was a misshift when I changed from 3rd to 4th, it changed to 6th. It probably was a electronic problem, mechanics will look into it."
When asked thoughts after the rally he said: "I'm happy that I finished the rally but I am not quite happy about my driving style. I'm pleased about the chance of driving a Focus for the event but I do not know if my team has the finances to run the it for the rest of the season."

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/RichardBurnsRally_SSE2009-08-2810-0.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/RichardBurnsRally_SSE2009-08-2810-1.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/RichardBurnsRally_SSE2009-08-281-1.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/RichardBurnsRally_SSE2009-08-2810-3.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/RichardBurnsRally_SSE2009-08-2811-0.jpg

lcd
28th August 2009, 13:38
Very detailed review there Neverknow...I enjoyed reading!
Isn't that RBR Motorsport Forums cup banner on your door? :up:
( screenshot #4 )

NeverKnow
28th August 2009, 13:54
Isn't that RBR RallyForum.com cup banner on your door? :up:
( screenshot #4 )
Yes it is. Here's a little better pic:
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Close.jpg

Bruce D
28th August 2009, 14:35
Hehe quite funny that, seen as I'm running a skin with the cup banner on it too! I'll have to send a screenshot when I get the chance.

306 Cosworth
28th August 2009, 15:46
MML SPORTS MAKES FINISH OF RALLY DE FRANCE (Leg 1, Part 1)

Team MML Sports endured a tough but enjoyable rally on their first time competing on a championship round of the RBR Cup. The team were out in an old 2002 specification Mitsubishi Lancer WRC Step2, a car which has been rebuilt following a bad accident on an event in the UK in 2008.

Leg 1 got off to a bad start for the team, when the car wouldn't start up in service, this was traced to a faulty starter motor and was swiftly changed and the car was soon on its way to SS1 Cote D'Arbroz. Stage 1 was wet, very wet, and some parts were like driving on glass. Driving the car was professional camera man and part time rally driver 306 Cosworth, he had this to say about SS1. "We got off to a good start but found the conditions extremely tricky. The roads were very slippery in places so we decided to take it easy so as not to damage the car on the first stage of our first rally in 2009. We got to the end with no real dramas and we weren't very pleased with our time, but we're glad we got back in one piece"

SS2 took the crews to longest stage of the event and one of the fastest. At 11.1km Joux Plane was going to be a tricky stage to decide whether to push at maximum attack or take it steady to make the finish. With the roads on this stage being bone dry a decision was taken by the team to push hard and see how the car would cope with the high speeds. 306 Cosworth spoke about SS2. "SS2 was very enjoyable, we really pushed in there and the speeds were very fast. We were in a really good rhythm until just 0.5km from the end we locked up and slid into some armco which broke our front driveshaft so we then only had RWD. We pushed as hard as we could to try not to lose too much time, but we will see what the results show."

SS3 took the crews to the incredibly tricky and narrow Bisanne stage. Although not one of the longest stage of the event, the stage would be the most crucial to get right as one small mistake on the stage could see you hanging over the edge of the road or rolling into some trees. The crew took it steady and later reported that they never wanted to drive that stage again as they thought everything about it was just horrible.

(Leg 2 report soon)

lcd
28th August 2009, 15:51
Loving your report too! Better than the real thing! ;)

306 Cosworth
28th August 2009, 16:15
Leg 2

Leg 2 arrived and it looked like the crews were facing another challenging day of competition in the rain. After a good nights sleep the MML Team were determined to push on to try and move up the leader board. 306 Cosworth spoke to us just before leaving Parc Ferme. "We're really looking forward to today, we're going to have a big push on the last 2 stages, although we're hoping the conditions aren't as bad as yesterday was for Stages 1 and 3."

The crews headed off for SS4 and back to Cote D'Arbroz but run in reverse to the previous day. The Mitsubishi Lancer WRC crew got off immediately to a good start. The stage was flowing nicely and the car was working well despite the wet slippy roads, however it very nearly ended in disaster when the crew did a complete 360 degree spin just before the small village of D'Arbroz. Thankfully the car didn't hit anything and 306 Cosworth was able to get the car back to 1st gear and going again.

SS5 and the crews moved southwards for two runs of Joux Verte. This stage was thankfully bone dry and the decision was made to go max attack on these two stages. A clean run through SS5 saw the crew take a good time.

SS6 and the final stage of the rally saw the competing cars tackle the same stage but in reverse, with it being the last stage all the crews were really fired up and determined to push hard. A very good time through the last stage left the crew feeling pleased about the event. Team driver 306 Cosworth had this to say at the finish "Im really happy to make the finish of what has been a tough but enjoyable event. The only downside to this event was Stage 3 Bisanne, I hated every minute of it. Apart from that we've had great fun and we are really pleased the car worked so well. We had a good run through SS6 but did notice some big skid marks in there, especially on one of the faster sections, I think someone had a very scary moment for going from flat in 6th gear to a 4th gear right hander! We will patiently await the results but we hope we have made the top 5 finishers"

MML Sports will await the results to see whether they will contest another round of the RBR Cup.

NeverKnow
28th August 2009, 17:03
I like the reports!! :up:

jimakos
28th August 2009, 17:23
I miss about a day and so many things have happened!!
I'll try to get again in the ''game'' :p

jimakos
28th August 2009, 17:35
Just finished day 1 and I was really happy!
I made some strong times at least for me and hope continue good rallying in day 2 and rally sprint.
Rain made things a little difficult but a lot of practice helped me.
I most enjoyed Joux Plane with clear weather where I drove excellent!
Good luck to everybody ;)

lcd
28th August 2009, 17:53
Day 1 started Ideally for me; despite the rain, I pushed to the top
and had a fast and clean run on the fist special stage!
No tactics - just full throttle! My best perfomance on wet tarmac so far!
On ss2 , though I had a feeling I was driving really fast, my time didn’t satisfy me at all!
Disaster came on rainy Bissane, where I entered at high speed Into a corner,
locked up the brakes and went straight off the cliff and tumbled 50 meters down…
Fortunately escaped uninjured, but the engine suffered terminal damage :
Super rally was the only option available there...

Just arrived In the Service Park with my battered and bruised Xsara…
Disappointment Is diffusible…

jimakos
28th August 2009, 17:58
Day 1 started Ideally for me; despite the rain, I pushed to the top
and had a fast and clean run on the fist special stage!
No tactics - just full throttle! My best perfomance on wet tarmac so far!
On ss2 , though I had a feeling I was driving really fast, my time didn’t satisfy me at all!
Disaster came on rainy Bissane, where I entered at high speed Into a corner,
locked up the brakes and went straight off the cliff and tumbled 50 meters down…
Fortunately escaped uninjured, but the engine suffered terminal damage :
Super rally was the only option available there...

Just arrived In the Service Park with my battered and bruised Xsara…
Disappointment Is diffusible…

Really bad news LCD!
Rain was the option that betrayded you...
Fortunately super rally will save you a little!
Don't disappoint mate,day 2 and rally sprint may give you some nice times :)

lcd
28th August 2009, 18:05
...Rain was the option that betrayded you...

Nahhh...It wasn't the rain. Just got careless for just a second and missed
some pacenotes there; If I remember well, as everything happened so damn quickly... :(

jimakos
28th August 2009, 18:19
Nahhh...It wasn't the rain. Just got careless for just a second and missed
some pacenotes there; If I remember well, as everything happened so damn quickly... :(

You are really fast and you know RBR very well.
Do you believe you can come back to points after a so time lost?
How quickly can you go now and gain some points that you don't expect?

lcd
28th August 2009, 18:31
...Do you believe you can come back to points after a so time lost?

With that kind of competition...I doubt that.

How quickly can you go now and gain some points that you don't expect?

I haven't made any plans about tomorrow yet... I guess I'll be more
concentrated and try to forget what happened today...
Thanx for your concern! ;) Hope you enjoy your S2000 ride!

jimakos
28th August 2009, 18:34
Hope you enjoy your S2000 ride!

I just enjoy it... :bounce:

306 Cosworth
28th August 2009, 19:52
I bet you still beat me Luke! I thought I saw some bent trees when going through Bisanne, must have been where you crashed ;)

lcd
29th August 2009, 08:21
…A chat with LCD on the finish of the last stage of the rally:

- How was day2 for you?
Today, I drove more cautiously than I did on Friday, taking care to steer clear, braking early and basically
trying to keep out of trouble. It's not much fun when you feel that the car is capable of giving far more
and that you can push much harder. But it was vital to stick to safe, as the car slew from hairpin to hairpin,
and In the end, It was a good experience, learning some valuable lessons that will contribute to the future…
- What about the title?
As for the title…my chances have been dramatically reduced; I hope for a podium position In the U.K.
but I am very unconfident for the last snow event… We’ll see what more this championship has to bring…
-What are your thoughts about tomorrow’s rally sprint?
Well, I’m looking forward for some teasing with my fellow drivers, when we meet for a single run of Cote D’Arbroz..!
I’m happy there won’t be rain this time!
-Good luck with the results...
I'm sure gonna need It..!

jimakos
29th August 2009, 15:05
I finished day 2 with enough luck but and access!
I gave everything I had in Cote D' Arbroz and managed a nice time!
After things became more easy because of the clear wheather!
No problems in my car and clean passes from the stages!
The point is how fast I was in these stages!
Now I'm resting for running rally sprint tomorrow!

jimakos
30th August 2009, 06:59
Rally De France is over for me!
I have to mention that it was just NICE!!
Thanks LCD you are giving us the oppotrunity to take part in this!
I believe was faster than the rally Australia,because of tarmac and my S2000 car :D
Now looking forward for results...

lcd
31st August 2009, 06:07
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/379/rallyfinish.jpg

Rally Complete

Times Submission Deadline:
Tuesday 1st September, midnight

lcd
31st August 2009, 06:10
Times received from NeverKnow, Bennizw, LCD, Fred05, 306 Cosworth. :up:

Bruce D
31st August 2009, 06:32
Finished my rally yesterday. Wasn't good.

Day 1 was ok. Stage 1 went very well but I'd done a lot of testing there so even in the rain it felt good enough. Stage 2 was even better in the dry. Had one moment off the road but otherwise the car felt fantastic. Stage 3 I took it a little easy as the car felt completely different on this stage to the others, suddenly very unpredictable.

Day 2 was the disaster. About 1 KM into stage 4 the unpredictable nature that the setup suddenly gained caught me about and caused me to fly off the road and into some trees. The amazing thing is that the car was still going but the brakes were damaged. I got going again, but at the next corner (a medium left) I hit the brakes and nothing happened, so I hit the handbrake and still nothing happened and then I tried to flick the car sideways but it got understeer instead and just went straight into a tree. Game over.

The sprint went alright though, got a PB through there so I'm happy with that.

lcd
31st August 2009, 06:40
BruceD's time card just arrived!

lcd
31st August 2009, 07:18
Here are some photos from the rally...
( Including Super Rally moment - shot#5 )!

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7838/rallyedefrance1.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9752/rallyedefrance2.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1669/rallyedefrance3.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7333/rallyedefrance4.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4997/rallyedefrance5.jpg
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3882/rallyedefrance6.jpg

jimakos
31st August 2009, 08:12
Finished my rally yesterday. Wasn't good.

Day 1 was ok. Stage 1 went very well but I'd done a lot of testing there so even in the rain it felt good enough. Stage 2 was even better in the dry. Had one moment off the road but otherwise the car felt fantastic. Stage 3 I took it a little easy as the car felt completely different on this stage to the others, suddenly very unpredictable.

Day 2 was the disaster. About 1 KM into stage 4 the unpredictable nature that the setup suddenly gained caught me about and caused me to fly off the road and into some trees. The amazing thing is that the car was still going but the brakes were damaged. I got going again, but at the next corner (a medium left) I hit the brakes and nothing happened, so I hit the handbrake and still nothing happened and then I tried to flick the car sideways but it got understeer instead and just went straight into a tree. Game over.

The sprint went alright though, got a PB through there so I'm happy with that.

Why didn't you make super rally Bruce?
Like LCD did,you would had some possibilities in top 8...

FRED05
31st August 2009, 10:04
Finished the rally, but can't imagine getting to far off the bottom of the time sheets, but what awesome fun, can't say I have done alot of tarmac but by the last days stages I was getting into it. Stayed on the road 99% of the time, had a few moments on the down hill hairpins including turning in a bit early and rolling the old Mitsi on to it's side, plenty of spectators tho, so got going again ok. Had a horrible crash on the rallysprint, trying to hard, misheard a pace note, and hit a bank on the outside of a medium left and ended up down a big bank on the other side of the road, game over and a knacked car.

Thankyou LCD for another great rally, enjoyed looking at your pics, think I need to retire the PS2 and go PC! maybe in time for the next the rally.

hoofhearted
31st August 2009, 11:25
NC Motorsport Rallye De France.

Hoofhearted has completed Rallye De France having taking it steady on the wet stages finding it diffucult to get the right settings to maximize grip although confidence grew and managed to puch in the quicker places, really enjoyed this rally apart from bissanne, not a nice stage very tight and narrow, my aim was to get through it with no damage

unfortunately trying too hard on the sprint which led to radiator damage and forcing the team to retire once again from the sprint!

keep up the goog work,

cant wait to see the results think this one could be wide open

Bruce D
31st August 2009, 12:31
Why didn't you make super rally Bruce?
Like LCD did,you would had some possibilities in top 8...

Well my understanding of SuperRally is the same as the WRC - on the last leg you can't use it. Its only really an option on day 1, not 2, as you can't skip stages. If thats how it really works then fine I'll use it in the future if I have to, but thats my understanding of it right now.

jimakos
31st August 2009, 12:59
Well my understanding of SuperRally is the same as the WRC - on the last leg you can't use it. Its only really an option on day 1, not 2, as you can't skip stages. If thats how it really works then fine I'll use it in the future if I have to, but thats my understanding of it right now.

No problem with that Bruce!!
I understand what you mean exactly!!

lcd
31st August 2009, 13:54
SUPER RALLY .................................................. ............
A Super Rally option Is available for those who retire;
you can go on to the next stage but your retiring stage time
will be the fastest time of the stage + time penalty of 3min.
CAUTION 1: One Super Rally per leg (day) Is allowed!
CAUTION 2: No Super Rally For Rally Sprint event!!!

Hoofhearted's time are In too!
Waiting for Raybak, J4MIE and jimakos... The sooner you
send me your times guys, the sooner I will publish results!

raybak
31st August 2009, 15:13
Just submitted mine.

What a tough rally. Getting better at the tarmac stuff though. Must have helped me by doing the real thing the weekend before :)

Now to get skin done for the new EVO X in our colours.

Ray

jimakos
31st August 2009, 19:01
LCD check your PM!
My times are there :cool:

Bruce D
1st September 2009, 06:42
I'm interested to see these times jimakos, should be fun to see how they stack up against the WRC machinery. You thinking of running a S2000 car in GB? I'm definately running one there, just got to make up my mind which one of 2.

jimakos
1st September 2009, 07:31
I'm interested to see these times jimakos, should be fun to see how they stack up against the WRC machinery. You thinking of running a S2000 car in GB? I'm definately running one there, just got to make up my mind which one of 2.

I made a lot of good times!
S2000 cars are better in driving but are a little slower than WRC!
My thoughts are to continue running with S2000 cars at least this season.
You teached me about the S2000 cars and just follow your advice :)

lcd
1st September 2009, 07:54
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4917/stagetimes.jpg

lcd
1st September 2009, 07:54
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4648/franceresults.jpg

lcd
1st September 2009, 07:55
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3989/seasonsstandings.jpg

lcd
1st September 2009, 07:59
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7402/francepodium1.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9486/podiumrallysprint.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9571/rbraward.jpg

Many thanks to all competitors for:

a) participating
b) making this thread so Interesting with your posts
c) being honest

Hope you enjoyed It, as much as I did!

Next round: U.K Rally
17,18,19 September 2009

bennizw
1st September 2009, 08:02
Wehey! I am up to a podium in the overall season standings :)
Thanks for a great rally LCD! Great statistics and result pages.
Looking forward to GB already :)

jimakos
1st September 2009, 08:02
Yupi.....
4th position is great!
I'm really pleased with my rally,running with a S2000 car!
Congrats to everyone guys!!

Bruce D
1st September 2009, 12:53
Hmm, I was the only person to fully retire on the rally. Damn! Anyway, on to Rally GB next. Congrats to bennizw, another fine drive. I'm quite happy I got within 10sec of you on the sprint stage. Meanwhile for me, it was a case of job done.

Congrats also to jimakos, my "student". Nice consistent driving. More of the same in GB, only this time the teacher will be bugging you a bit.

NeverKnow
1st September 2009, 16:44
Congrats to bennizw for winning both events. Judging by the times it was really close battle between some of us but bennizw is in league of his own. I quess there is a little pressure building up to perform well in two remaining rallies.
Bring on GB...

306 Cosworth
1st September 2009, 17:01
3rd overall :eek: Real happy with that :D Will definitely be doing GB (hope it's not too wet!) Hopefully have an Impreza WRC S9 out on that ;)

J4MIE
2nd September 2009, 00:21
Glad France is over, I am terrible on tarmac, really looking forward to GB but suspect that I am still not fast enough there also!! :s But they are the best stages in the championship so I will just be there to enjoy them :up:

ell done everyone :D

tannat
2nd September 2009, 17:26
Verified I can play this on a loaner laptop from work-hope to make it for the next round......

jimakos
2nd September 2009, 18:45
Verified I can play this on a loaner laptop from work-hope to make it for the next round......

It would be nice to have you in RBR tannat!!
Do your best to participate...