PDA

View Full Version : Campos locked on drivers

Placid
20th August 2009, 17:54
Adrian Campos has made is official for drivers for 2010.

And according to Radio Marca of Spain, Pedro de
la Rosa will have Vitaly Petrov as his teammate.

Report:
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090820095901.shtml

DexDexter
20th August 2009, 18:06
Adrian Campos has made is official for drivers for 2010.

And according to Radio Marca of Spain, Pedro de
la Rosa will have Vitaly Petrov as his teammate.

Report:
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090820095901.shtml

Experience and youth (and potential sponsorship from Russia), doesn't sound too bad.

Donney
20th August 2009, 18:14
Ok, here's the news taken from Marca's site (and as always whatever they say should be taken with a pinch of salt)

http://www.marca.com/2009/08/20/motor/formula1/1250758924.html

He basically confirms his interest In the aforementioned line up, but he admits the negotiations with McLaren are getting more and more complicated everyday and there are other drivers such as Kubica and Piquet (would you belive that?) to be taken into consideration.
And right at the end it also says that he is interested in having a female driver in the team, who I reckon might be Carmen Jordá.

So there's plenty of room here for silly season, and as usual Marca are selling air.

Nikki Katz
20th August 2009, 18:18
I don't think that Petrov's great compared to the current lot of F1 drivers, but as pay drivers go he's fantastic. Admittedly I would have preferred Pantano or Senna, but you can't expect miracles. I like this news, it looks a little more likely that the new teams will actually show up.

Roamy
20th August 2009, 18:25
Ok, here's the news taken from Marca's site (and as always whatever they say should be taken with a pinch of salt)

http://www.marca.com/2009/08/20/motor/formula1/1250758924.html

He basically confirms his interest In the aforementioned line up, but he admits the negotiations with McLaren are getting more and more complicated everyday and there are other drivers such as Kubica and Piquet (would you belive that?) to be taken into consideration.
And right at the end it also says that he is interested in having a female driver in the team, who I reckon might be Carmen Jordá.

So there's plenty of room here for silly season, and as usual Marca are selling air.

Based on Carmen's race record she would do better as a "Pole Dancer" :)

woody2goody
20th August 2009, 19:20
Petrov's better than people give him credit for. Last year Grosjean seemed a lot better, but this year Petrov's been a consistent front runner.

Been a fan of Pedro for a while so if this is set then it's a good pairing for Campos.

truefan72
20th August 2009, 23:55
Petrov's better than people give him credit for. Last year Grosjean seemed a lot better, but this year Petrov's been a consistent front runner.

Been a fan of Pedro for a while so if this is set then it's a good pairing for Campos.

to me petrov is better than overhyped grosjean.

as to de la rosa, not quite sure what to make of him. If I were going for a spaniard, I would ahve grabbed gene of de la rosa. Otherwise, wait a few more weeks and see how things shake out with BMW before committing.

keysersoze
21st August 2009, 00:23
I began to rate Pedro when he showed well against Jos Verstappen while the two were at Arrows. He really impressed, and I think if he could have parlayed that experience to a better race seat then we might be talking about PDLR as a race winner. Unfortunately, the best offer he got was as a tester.

He's probably a bit past it but he will be good for the team in their inaugural season.

William Hunt
21st August 2009, 00:39
de la Rosa did really well at both Arrows and Jaguar. Just check his qualifying record: he outperformed Verstappen and was on par with Irvine.
But he will be 39 next year... probably is not as fast anymore as he used to be.

Petrov would be an excellent choice and he really deserves it; not only has he improved over the years; he is also very consistent this year.

Valve Bounce
21st August 2009, 03:54
Why?? were they going to escape to somewhere? :confused:

Donney
21st August 2009, 07:41
Based on Carmen's race record she would do better as a "Pole Dancer" :)

Probably, but Campos is her manager (I think) and she drives for his F3 team.... And a female driver in F1 looks like great publicity for the team.

veeten
21st August 2009, 16:58
Probably, but Campos is her manager (I think) and she drives for his F3 team.... And a female driver in F1 looks like great publicity for the team.

Now, why does this feel like a 'Danica moment' to me?...

I don't know... ;) :p

woody2goody
21st August 2009, 19:35
I'd take Natacha Gachnang or Danica over this Carmen girl any day based on performances and outright talent to be honest.

seb_sh
21st August 2009, 22:22

Won't be so great publicity if she's super slow :p

Saint Devote
22nd August 2009, 01:50
Nothing wrong with selection Petrov but de la Rosa...?! Surely someone more current would be preferrable for a new team.

I don't think Heidfeld will be in great demand by established teams in 2010, he is not exactly an ace and could be a good fit at Campos for example if they want a journeyman driver in the beginning years.

As for his mentioning a woman driver - it quirky. Why do they do it?

52Paddy
23rd August 2009, 18:25
I, for one, am glad to see that there is progression with these new teams entering for 2010. It keeps getting more reasonable by the week. :)

And that Carmen lass: wouldn't mind seeing her sprayed with champagne...wet tops and all.... :bounce:

jens
23rd August 2009, 19:42
Petrov has won Valencia feature race in GP2 and is gradually emerging as Hülkenberg's main threat for the championship. I don't think Petrov would turn into a real top driver in F1, but he seems a bit like di Grassi - a consistent and competent racer. Would be interesting to see him in F1.

De la Rosa? If Campos wanted a Spanish driver so badly, then I don't really know, who else could they have potentially taken if Alonso was unavailable. I doubt Gene is better than DLR and in feeder series there doesn't seem to be a true Spanish ace currently either.

And I agree with those, who have mentioned de la Rosa's Arrows days here. Especially his 2000 season was absolutely fantastic. He was running 3rd in Austria (ahead of Barrichello's Ferrari!) before his engine blew and was running 4th at Hockenheim for quite a large part of the race. Shame that this promise never materialized and getting beaten by Irvine in 2002 really ended his F1 racing career. But as some of his past drives have shown, de la Rosa can be quite good in the wet (2006 Hungaroring, 2000 Nürburgring).

woody2goody
23rd August 2009, 20:44
Petrov has won Valencia feature race in GP2 and is gradually emerging as Hülkenberg's main threat for the championship. I don't think Petrov would turn into a real top driver in F1, but he seems a bit like di Grassi - a consistent and competent racer. Would be interesting to see him in F1.

De la Rosa? If Campos wanted a Spanish driver so badly, then I don't really know, who else could they have potentially taken if Alonso was unavailable. I doubt Gene is better than DLR and in feeder series there doesn't seem to be a true Spanish ace currently either.

And I agree with those, who have mentioned de la Rosa's Arrows days here. Especially his 2000 season was absolutely fantastic. He was running 3rd in Austria (ahead of Barrichello's Ferrari!) before his engine blew and was running 4th at Hockenheim for quite a large part of the race. Shame that this promise never materialized and getting beaten by Irvine in 2002 really ended his F1 racing career. But as some of his past drives have shown, de la Rosa can be quite good in the wet (2006 Hungaroring, 2000 Nürburgring).

2005, Bahrain: fastest lap and 5th place standing in for Montoya.

Pedro definitely hasn't lost it and I'm sure he'll be great for Adrian Campos.