PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Mosport....

Mark in Oshawa
19th August 2009, 06:07
Well it is less than two weeks to Mosport, and I plan on being there on the Sunday. I know local forum guy Easy Drifter will be bouncing around the corner 2 zoo (hope he pays his respects to the "mayor"). I plan on either spectating or working for IMSA in the pits if they will need me....

Just curious..anyone else plan on being there?

Easy Drifter
19th August 2009, 18:30
Probably be at 3 more than 2 although probably at both as well as around the Atlantics. Partially depends on my arthritis and how well I can walk/stand. Too many cold race shops and tracks!
Just heard Dave 'Greenie' Greenblatt passed away from cancer.
Raced Ferraris and Lotus 19's both chev and fords in the 60s and in some early Can Am races. Raced against him often.
Built and raced the well known Dailu sports racers.
Expect to be there Fri. through Sun. assuming my pass comes through.
Bagwan has said he won't be there. Some minor thing like building a house. :)

Mark in Oshawa
24th August 2009, 05:45
I plan on working in the pits Drifter...but if I don't, I will be wandering around, Sunday only. Have a family thing on Saturday.....she who must be obeyed is pretty adament that her aunt will only turn 90 once, and I cant say she's wrong on this one. Gotta tell auntie V that she is special for me to miss a day of racing....

Easy Drifter
24th August 2009, 21:46
Mark: A former Mosport marshall is coming in from Vancouver for the race. Posts on another forum as "Racer Keke." Brother is Doug Elcomb the Vintage Canada class driver and dad is John Elcomb a CASC Steward. We may get together and I know she plans to eat at my favourite restuarant, Captains, in Lindsay.
You may know her from your timing days.