PDA

View Full Version : Tags does an Alan Kulwicki

MDS
15th August 2009, 01:06
And we have a buyer for Marty Roth.. Alex Tagaliani. He bought the Roth shop lock stock and barrel with the help of a Canadian investor and has inked a multi-year deal with a Canadian company that should keep him racing for years to come. He's picked up some veteran talent and is working to get Brandon Fry away from Conquest.

I'm really glad for Tags, he's one of the guy who got screwed by the split. He hasn't drawn a decent salary since he left Forsythe in 2002, and I hear he drove for free those two years at Walker.

His goal is to build to a two car team and bring along Canadian drivers. I'm pretty sure the young driver the racer article mentions is Daniel Morad

http://www.racer.com/Tagliani-to-set-up-new-IndyCar-team/article/146506/

jwhite9185
15th August 2009, 08:48
Good for him!!!

Chamoo
15th August 2009, 16:38
Maybe for the immediate future he can work on finding a Canadian sponsor for PT?

Mark in Oshawa
15th August 2009, 18:52
Wow...I hope they find the money to be a serious player in time. That is the bain of all Canadian drivers, finding sponsors. It is bad enough finding enough to buy into a ride, it is worse when you own the team.

MDS
15th August 2009, 23:34
I think the U.S. dollar weakening and the comparative strength of the Canadian dollar is making it easier for Canadian companies to consider racing in America, especially if you have business interest in America and abroad.

nigelred5
16th August 2009, 01:20
I hope he is eventually able to comes through with a two car effort but I'm glad to see Tags taking his future into his own hands. MAybe he can put together a deal to get Hinch in a full time ride with him. I think that would be a great ll canadian line up of a veteran and a young driver.

Mark in Oshawa
16th August 2009, 05:17
Getting Hinch in a car is a must with PT looking down the hill from the wrong side on a great career. Hinch is another great character too...

Hoop-98
16th August 2009, 18:22
Wonder if it will be the "UNDERLLARA" ?

rh

The instant classic
16th August 2009, 23:30
Tag i hope you do well!!

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2009, 01:40
We all hope he does well. Tags is one of the really nice guys in racing but he has a lot of talent people haven't respected.

Chris R
17th August 2009, 15:41
When I first read the subject line I feared he had crashed his plane! :eek:

Thankfully it is better news - best wishes to Tags!! :)

jwhite9185
17th August 2009, 17:59

Must admit, that thought crossed my mind too.

MDS
17th August 2009, 20:41
I didn't think of that when I posted it... sorry.

Alan Kulwicki has always been a hero of mine. I keep a picture of 12-year-old me shaking his hand at Daytona in my office. Most important piece of art I own.

Still miss him.

chuck34
18th August 2009, 02:11

I have been "out of the loop" for a few days, and I thoght the same thing. Glad it is the good stuff.

Hope Tags does well.

gm99
18th August 2009, 13:17

My first thought was he had driven his car the wrong way up a racetrack (aka "Polish victory lap") :D

Anyways, good luck to Tags - it would be great to see him back in the series full-time. Maybe PT now wishes he hadn't gotten into that fight with Alex back at San José in '06 ;)