PDA

View Full Version : Personality Transplants?!?

Osella
19th February 2007, 19:19
I'm just wondering what happened to Kurt Busch and Tony Stewart over the off-season and who NASCAR replaced them with??

Now, to come clean, I'm a huge Stewart fan (And I'm NOT trolling these boards!..) but I just couldn't believe what I was seeing in the interviews! ;)

First, Kurt Busch apologises for a wreck(!) which for once wasn't actually his fault ;) And secondly, Tony Stewart said that it wasn't Kurt Busch's fault, despite getting turned around by him after he lifted off!
So my theory is that these two have been kidnapped and are either tied up in a barn somewhere, or fighting in a pen for NASCAR's amusement:P

Either way, strange things seem to be happening to these two, either they are starting to mature a bit, or pretty soon we're gonna have Jimmy Spencer policing driving standards!! :laugh:

harvick#1
19th February 2007, 19:30
maybe something finally clicked and told themselves "do I have to be an a-hole everyday"

its good to hear the drivers say that.

tstran17_88
19th February 2007, 19:47
And secondly, Tony Stewart said that it wasn't Kurt Busch's fault, despite getting turned around by him after he lifted off!Tony said that? I must have missed it.

Osella
19th February 2007, 19:56
"I'm not completely sure what happened out there," said Stewart. "All of a sudden it just took off on me.

"I was just in the middle of the corner and it took off big. But I'm excited about our season, we had the best car by far all day."

"There's nothing I can do about it now. I could hang my head, I could be mad, whatever, and it is not going to help at this point."

But the point is...he didn't go mad at Busch, but they do say there's a first time for everything ;)

tstran17_88
19th February 2007, 19:59
See...he didn't say it wasn't Busch's fault though. :p :

Osella
19th February 2007, 20:04
But the point is...he didn't go mad at Busch :p ;)

Jag_Warrior
19th February 2007, 23:18
On another board, someone joked that Stewart's new girlfriend helps him work off "excess tension" before each race. I dunno. I still don't care for him.

jslone
20th February 2007, 06:21
Its still early in the season for both,something will happen.

RaceFanStan
20th February 2007, 06:54
I think most drivers were relieved to get Daytona over with.
Tony & Kurt crashed hard but they both walked away without serious injury.
My guess is that they were happy that ONLY the cars broke but their bones didn't. :laugh:

Erki
20th February 2007, 07:51
Tony & Kurt crashed hard but they both walked away without serious injury.
My guess is that they were happy that ONLY the cars broke but their bones didn't. :laugh:

No tissue damage this time, eh? :p :

cyd
20th February 2007, 20:35
Yes, those were interesting reactions. Maybe sponsors had a word with them after the last couple years. It is a lot more exciting when they run down to the other pit and start swinging :D

Mark in Oshawa
22nd February 2007, 08:33
Tony has said what was on his mind if he felt he had to make a point, and he never cared a fig for what Home Depot might think. The man has a temper and always has had it, but he has also been fair of late. His lifestyle suits him better now, and he has grown into the role of the best driver in the sport. I just think he called it as it happened, that he got loose and Kurt couldn't avoid him. AS for Busch, well, I think Roger Penske had a good long chat with him at some point and laid down the law. Basically, you either produce without the drama, or your not going to ever have a top ride in NASCAR again. Busch threw away a lot by leaving Roush. Lets face it, Jack got him a championship that many still wonder how he won. Busch may never reach that height again, but as he gets older, and works for the Captain, maybe a bit of maturity is finally entering that skull full of mush......