PDA

View Full Version : yellow flag king???

champcarjim
19th February 2007, 16:53
Another one for the post season

WHO CAUSED THE MOST YELLOW FLAGS DURING RACING IN ANY ONE SEASON?
EITHER BY THEMSELVES OR INSTIGATING

i remember mark proctor and oli causing a few and vergs

JovialJooles
19th February 2007, 17:07
I reckon good old racin' incident has caused the most in any season. :D

Chigley
19th February 2007, 18:29

If you don't mind, young Al and myself are the undisputed yellow flag kings. We caused them by picking them up and acting like demented whirling dervishes.

:D

Dave17
19th February 2007, 18:31

A tie between Chigley and Big Al. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/yellowflag.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)
http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/winkanim.gif

Reynard
19th February 2007, 23:24
Well, I caused a yellow flag in a qualifying session back in 2004! :laugh:

Was shooting out the back of the oval in one of the T2/T3 cut-outs and knocked some of the plastic tubing that lined the cut-out onto the track, which Ian McKellar subsequently squished, bringing out the yellows.

The plastic was crumbling due to UV light degradation and basically fell apart as I leant on it. By the next meeting, it had all been stripped out and thrown away and the cut-outs lined with metal instead.

Also, I seem to remember the guys on the gantry almost causing a yellow with my bag of mint humbugs! :laugh:

JovialJooles
19th February 2007, 23:54
Also, I seem to remember the guys on the gantry almost causing a yellow with my bag of mint humbugs! :laugh:

Priceless! :D

LessThanSte
20th February 2007, 12:29
Was gonna say, i cant wait to see a caution period when one of the gantry boys drops his bacon sarnie :|

Chigley
20th February 2007, 13:30
There is a very exclusive club for dropping things from the gantry that has a total membership of one, and long may it stay so. :) Big Andy Mac has that privelege and I'm sure Al and definately myself have no desire to join him. We have had a couple of close calls but touch wood we have avoided doing anything which will give 'x' 1000's cause to have good giggle at our expense.

Ian

Al_Green
20th February 2007, 16:12
Was gonna say, i cant wait to see a caution period when one of the gantry boys drops his bacon sarnie :|

Sorry, the gantry is a bacon-sarnie free zone! The gantry is a shrine to healthy living and good diets....oh hang on :rolleyes:

Al

deadsquirrel
20th February 2007, 18:59
Well, I caused a yellow flag in a qualifying session back in 2004! :laugh:

Was shooting out the back of the oval in one of the T2/T3 cut-outs and knocked some of the plastic tubing that lined the cut-out onto the track, which Ian McKellar subsequently squished, bringing out the yellows.

The plastic was crumbling due to UV light degradation and basically fell apart as I leant on it. By the next meeting, it had all been stripped out and thrown away and the cut-outs lined with metal instead.

I think you've incriminated yourself on two counts:
1. Causing Safety Team to work
2. Showing bias and favouritism by not providing said Safety Team with humbugs.
:(

racing59
21st February 2007, 23:08
I think you've incriminated yourself on two counts:
1. Causing Safety Team to work
2. Showing bias and favouritism by not providing said Safety Team with humbugs.
:(

Is that not providing the Safety Team with humbugs by NOT actually dropping them?

I shall carry a small fishing net in my car for the purpose of catching jelly babies spilled from the gantry, except for the blackcurrent ones, which I don't like due to being overdosed on Ribena as a child.

Chigley
21st February 2007, 23:44
It's a brave man who dishes out a challenge that he can't defend against. :p

Al_Green
22nd February 2007, 01:54
Note to self - Keep bottle of Ribena on gantry in case of attack by racing drivers (or photographers) looking for jelly babies :D

Al.

racing59
22nd February 2007, 23:28
When you see the net appear from the window, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to deposit as many non-blackcurrent jelly babies in it.
Any blackcurrent jelly babies found in the net will cause the person emitting said items to lose the entire bag, plus at least one pack of jaffa cakes.

So there.

Chigley
23rd February 2007, 00:03
Ahhhh, but driver who misses jelly babies with his net and causes over-stressed canaries (Safety Teams) to have to gain extra inches on their over indulged girths by removing the surplus jelly babies permanently from the track; could find said driver in a blind spot when assistance is required when said driver is in a spot of bovver.

Being responsible for causing the canaries extra work invokes a steep fine payable only in copious amounts of magical falling over water.

However, the catching of all jelly babies could provoke rapturous applause from the grandstands.

The choice is yours.