PDA

View Full Version : PT motorsport split

tyreman2
19th February 2007, 14:52
P.T.Motorsport will not be running Mark Smith's Alfa in the 2008 BTCC,It's looking very likely that the Alfa won't be appearing this year unless somebody buys it.PT are looking to enter the championship later in the year with Darrel Wilson driving subject to sponsorship

Allyc85
19th February 2007, 17:35
whos he? Is he meant to be any good?

tyreman2
19th February 2007, 18:57
P.T.Motorsport will not be running Mark Smith's Alfa in the 2008 BTCC,It's looking very likely that the Alfa won't be appearing this year unless somebody buys it.PT are looking to enter the championship later in the year with Darrel Wilson driving subject to sponsorship

Sorry I of course meant 2007 :dozey:
Darrel has been racing in VW cup this year,and working on Smith's car

captin 1 VXR
19th February 2007, 19:03
is that why darrel car been up for sale for last few weeks then ?

tyreman2
19th February 2007, 19:56
is that why darrel car been up for sale for last few weeks then ?

Darelle hasn't got a car the Alfa that is for sale is Smiths,
check this out http://www.alfaromeoracing.com

Allyc85
19th February 2007, 20:01
tis certainly an impressive website! Good luck to him :)

captin 1 VXR
19th February 2007, 20:15
wish the kid luck as he need it as the older guys will rub him and push him :rolleyes:

PDS
19th February 2007, 20:43
Darelle hasn't got a car the Alfa that is for sale is Smiths,

Darelle has Mark Smith's car for 2007.

Marc W
19th February 2007, 21:32
Hope it all goes well, good luck to them. It's a shame that Mark couldn't find the support to run this year though.

tin-top fan
19th February 2007, 21:40
Looking at the PT Motorsport website ( http://ptmotorsport.co.uk/ ) it looks like his father is Les Wilson, who is the guy who runs the team. I suppose this is why he has managed to get into touring cars quite quickly.
Also, it looks like from the alfa romeo racing website that he wants to run for the whole season. Does anyone know if he has the budget for this? If Mark Smith couldn't find the money, how come a relatively unknown driver can find it?

kerrycox11
19th February 2007, 21:44
from the pictures on the website it looks as if they have/or are interested in a WTCC alfa or are the pics the for website purposes?

tdb
19th February 2007, 21:48
Come on guys! read the posts above properly and read the info on the website properly please!

cos
19th February 2007, 22:26
Also, it looks like from the alfa romeo racing website that he wants to run for the whole season. Does anyone know if he has the budget for this?

Given that the website says "We are currently looking for sponsors... check out the sponsor slots that are available... You can help push this young champion to his next victory by sponsoring the team whilst promoting your business at the same time" I'd hazard a guess that they don't have the budget yet but are looking for it! (The same as a dozen other race outfits out there).

VkmSpouge
19th February 2007, 22:27
Well good luck on Wilson getting the cash required to run this year.

tyreman2
20th February 2007, 01:38
Darelle has Mark Smith's car for 2007.

What makes you think that PDS ? Mark's car is for sale to anybody who want's to buy it,and at this stage Darelle is in the very early stages of trying to raise the neccessary budget.also Mark may well race the Alfa if a) he doesn't sell it,and b) if he can find the neccessary budget himself .Of course he could sell the Alfa use that money to buy a reasonably quick BTC spec car and then find the money required to run that......Is that a pig i can see up there?

captin 1 VXR
20th February 2007, 06:07
u saying it s a pr stunt ???

tyreman2
20th February 2007, 10:37
u saying it s a pr stunt ???

No it's not a PR stunt

But the facts are
Darelle wants to race in BTCC but The team have only just started to put the project together and have yet to get the funding (they want to run Alfa if they can)

Mark's car is for sale,but if he can't sell it and he can find a budget he will race it again but not with PT Motorport

And if he can sell it,he wants to buy a BTC spec car and race that

PDS
20th February 2007, 11:12
What makes you think that PDS ?

Sorry. Someone connected to the team assured me that Darelle now has the car!

BTCC2
20th February 2007, 11:32
Looking at the photo gallery of Darrels website. It looks as thouigh he already has a car.

Alfa Fan
20th February 2007, 11:48
The pictures in the photo gallery are off Eoin Murrays Alfa from last year.

seatfan
20th February 2007, 12:44
sounds all pie in the sky to me. lots of drivers want to race in the btcc - most don't have the money, so what's the difference

BTCC2
22nd February 2007, 16:35
sounds all pie in the sky to me. lots of drivers want to race in the btcc - most don't have the money, so what's the difference

There isn't a difference really.

captin 1 VXR
22nd February 2007, 17:45
his dad has a car he has showen speed in vw cup and i real don t want to say this but he would more than likly be the first black btcc driver .. well i can t rember any befor but i could be wrong ?

tyreman2
22nd February 2007, 21:50
his dad has a car he has showen speed in vw cup and i real don t want to say this but he would more than likly be the first black btcc driver .. well i can t rember any befor but i could be wrong ?

Hi captin don't be worrying yourself about the black thing I am sure it doesn't worry him and I am also sure he would be more than happy if he can be the first black driver in BTCC
I have known him since he was 5 and I know how bad he wants to be in the series,There is a lot of work (both financially and building a car) to be done but if determination counts he will be out there, probably from mid season

BTCC2
22nd February 2007, 21:55
He would actually be the 2nd black driver in BTCC history.

Farique Hairuman was the first.

cos
22nd February 2007, 22:00
Hairuman was Malaysian... more "asian" than "black" surely?

BTCC2
22nd February 2007, 22:37
You could say that yes.