.76 ytd with Indy
.47 ytd sans Indy
.27 ytd on Versus

SportscarBruce
7th August 2009, 22:48
http://yepyep.gibbs12.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/douchebag2.jpg

Chamoo
8th August 2009, 00:03
Unfortunately, I doubt he was referring to the ratings.

However, if they can be a bag of *****, this rating is about as close as you can get.

Somewhat upsetting.

NickFalzone
8th August 2009, 00:32
I don't see a problem with Ken putting up these ratings, just ignore the threads if you don't like them. My take on this is 2 ways - 1. Worst rating for an indycar race that I can remember, short of the very very late Motegi races on ESPN2 that got around the same # the last few years. 2. This race was up against Nascar Truck race on Speed, and the end of the Nascar Nationwide race on ESPN. The current IRL is always a 2nd choice for race fans to NASCAR races, so in a situation like this, they are inevitably going to have quite a small audience. You start with a fairly small potential audience on VS of say a .6 or so, with no NASCAR competition, then you add that in and the ratings drop off the chart. My guess is that Mid-Ohio will do quite a bit better than either of the past 2 races.

Ultimately, the IRL needs to work to become the 1ST choice amongst race fans, short of a CUP event. This is a huge hurdle to overcome, and I'm not sure what they can do to achieve it, but until they can be competitive with these tier NASCAR series, they are in big trouble ratingswise. Secondly, VS needs to get into more markets and promote the IRL product more to potential race fans. Again, not sure if or when this will happen, but VS is simply not at the level of ESPN or ESPN2.

grungex
8th August 2009, 04:23
Unfortunately, I doubt he was referring to the ratings.

:confused:

Is something missing from this thread?