PDA

View Full Version : Paul Tracy in at Mid-Ohio

Chamoo
7th August 2009, 15:02
Paul Tracy Officially in at Mid-Ohio (http://aowrtheotherside.blogspot.com/2009/08/paul-tracy-officially-in-at-kvrt.html)

Flirty Curty Cavin just confirmed via Twitter.

Marbles
7th August 2009, 15:10
Hopefully he'll have a better go than he did at the Glen. I hate having to work weekends. I feel sorry for PT. Hang on, the whole year is pretty much one long weekend for PT these days.

garyshell
7th August 2009, 15:48
HURRRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I need to dig out the Paul Tracy press kit I have stashed away and hope for an opportunity to get it signed. It is Paul's very first press kit from WAY back when he was a pudgy cheeked kid with big glasses, before he turned pro. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees it. I picked it up at a vendor's booth at Mid Ohio during a vintage event a few years back. He had a ton of old programs, tickets, photos, press kits etc.

Gary

bblocker68
7th August 2009, 16:33
Just saw this at your blog, Chamoo.

WOOT!!!!

Back to PT's Twitter......

TURN3
7th August 2009, 19:31
More importantly than subbing for Mario this weekend, I think this squashes any ideas of a potential rift with Jeemy keeping him out of any potential for next year. Exclamation point on that if they get a good result this weekend.

NickFalzone
7th August 2009, 19:42
Here's the story on IndyCar.

http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=14826

I could very well be reading too much into that story, but I get the impression that Mario was not 100% ready to give up driving this weekend. It sounds like there was quite a bit of "discussions" that went on to get to the point with PT in the car. I agree that this probably means PT and Jeemy are getting along ok. PT and Mario? eh...

Chamoo
7th August 2009, 21:56
Here's the story on IndyCar.

http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=14826

I could very well be reading too much into that story, but I get the impression that Mario was not 100% ready to give up driving this weekend. It sounds like there was quite a bit of "discussions" that went on to get to the point with PT in the car. I agree that this probably means PT and Jeemy are getting along ok. PT and Mario? eh...

I don't get that at all. Sounds more like Mario said, "I will be there if you need someone to drive the car, but if not, I won't be upset".

As for the thoughts that PT and Jimmy weren't getting along, it was nothing long term. Jimmy was P.O'ed about the situation, but, I assume he got over it pretty quick.

drewdawg727
7th August 2009, 23:04
One thing you can gather from JV is that he does not hold grudges. He is one of the friendliest driver/owners out there and he has always been a popular amongst all drivers....dating back to the 90s.

Chamoo
7th August 2009, 23:47
One thing you can gather from JV is that he does not hold grudges. He is one of the friendliest driver/owners out there and he has always been a popular amongst all drivers....dating back to the 90s.

Agreed, I think Jimmy was more mad about the fact that one of his drivers was taken out by one of his drivers on the first lap. I think any owner would be P.O'ed if teammates knocked eachother out of the race, because when it comes down to it, they are the owners cars.

I think JV was just mad that day, but understands stuff happens. I'm sure he's been there on one end or the other before.

TURN3
7th August 2009, 23:53

That is how I took it from the start, especially with the run of misfortunes they had been having with Mario (some self inflicted some not). I didn't know Jimmy was dating other drivers back in the 90's though, never took him for that type. :D

nigelred5
8th August 2009, 02:20
Looks like a great reason to watch this weekend!

maxmach
8th August 2009, 04:42
Go PT, Go....
Kick some a$$ PT, hard
Spray some champagne, lots, all over

Mark in Oshawa
8th August 2009, 14:02
Well I am sure the Thrilla is happy with this turn of events. If he gets the backing, we all know he is back for the full season. We might as well enjoy every start as if it is his last...because it may very well be. He has the talent, but time and money are running out.

DavePI2
10th August 2009, 10:40
When I watching practice friday afternoon and his name was announce on the speakers it was exciting. Hardly anyone knew he was going to be there where I was at so everyone was scrambling for a couple of minutes to find out if the announcement was correct.

david

grantb4
11th August 2009, 20:23
He's the only reason I'm watching any of the races this year. Without him there is no character (good or bad) in the IRL. Just blandness.

speeddurango
11th August 2009, 23:36
I'm really disappointed at how TV director managed to cut away/miss all his passings, and not putting an onboard camera on his car, he made 3 passings in the race, none of them were shown, then that leads to me wondering why they even bother trying to increase overtakings but not showing them when they actually happened.

chuck34
12th August 2009, 00:18
I'm really disappointed at how TV director managed to cut away/miss all his passings, and not putting an onboard camera on his car, he made 3 passings in the race, none of them were shown, then that leads to me wondering why they even bother trying to increase overtakings but not showing them when they actually happened.

I hate to be the one defending the TV guys (usually they are no good at anything), but it's not like there is a script of when and where passes are going to occur. They just plain missed it. I was in turn 4, and I was caught quite off guard by his pass on Viso. You can't be everywhere at once.

That being said, I'm not too sure why they don't go ahead and put an on-board camera on every car. They all have the mounts. And while the cameras cost something (not insignificant I realise), you'd think they'd pony up the cash for 33 of them, and have some spares/replacements for the rest of the year, sans-Indy.

NickFalzone
12th August 2009, 01:19
Chuck, I've asked some folks about the camera thing, and it's a money issue... I also think they should get a camera that actually shows the drivers face, that's a key shot they're missing. Even back in the 90s they had cool shots that looked back at the driver's helmet. Even with the Dallara design, they could mount a camera in the rear-view mirror and get a decent view IMO. Yeah, it wouldn't really show a whole lot, but it could spice things up. Long story short, is the production people have a ton of good ideas, but lack the resources $$-wise. Some new camera mounts will probably show up by next season though.

speeddurango
13th August 2009, 02:25
I hate to be the one defending the TV guys (usually they are no good at anything), but it's not like there is a script of when and where passes are going to occur. They just plain missed it. I was in turn 4, and I was caught quite off guard by his pass on Viso. You can't be everywhere at once.

That being said, I'm not too sure why they don't go ahead and put an on-board camera on every car. They all have the mounts. And while the cameras cost something (not insignificant I realise), you'd think they'd pony up the cash for 33 of them, and have some spares/replacements for the rest of the year, sans-Indy.

My point stands in that case still I'm afraid, it was not a miss but a cut away when it was happening right there on the screen, and even if it were missed for a good reason, they never showed it in the replay either. And the most appalling part as I said, was that they missed all the others too without showing any replay later. So I do feel it's quite hard to defend for the TV guys when they did not do it right while they actually could.

Easy Drifter
13th August 2009, 03:17
As far as being effective it was like the ABC pictures of 'Stompin Danica's' feet. It was done years ago but at the same time you saw in split screen what was going on on the track.
Feet bouncing from pedal to pedal when you have no idea of what the car is doing is a total waste of time.
Mind you that fits right in with ABC's coverage.

Mark in Oshawa
15th August 2009, 17:58
Drifter...that was VS....who for the most part of done a pretty good job with what they have....