PDA

View Full Version : A new senario in Ferrari to think about

race_director
6th August 2009, 15:52
Massa is recovering at home some where in Brazil. We all know that he will be fit and fine . but will not be available for the coming races in velancia and SPA for sure.

Micheal on the other hand is trying very hard . is losing weight trying to fit into a f1 car again. however the concern is his neck . which no one expect him and his doctor know the state of it .

even thought i would love to see him back . but what happens if he also not available due to the neck thing.

who will race the other ferrari with KIMI ?

Ferrari are either incredibly genius or stupid .

Cooper_S
6th August 2009, 16:17
Worry not... as no other driver Ferrari test driver can test then whoever they get will have as much preparation and the new guy in the Renault or the STR driver had before Hungary...

Besides as Schumacher is training driving Karts he is accompanied by Luca Badoer so as reserve driver to the reserve driver of Massa, he is ready to step in for an injured Schumacher should the need arise...

Cooper_S
6th August 2009, 16:20
Worry not... as any other Ferrari test driver would have as much time to prepare as Grosjean has for Renault or the STR driver had before Hungary.

And as Schumacher continues his training in Karts he is joined by Badoer so I suspect he would be as ready as anyone to step in for an injured Schumacher should the need arise.

Sonic
7th August 2009, 07:55
Wow coop, you REALLY don't want us to worry! ;)

Cooper_S
7th August 2009, 08:29
:) nothing to worry about...

Saint Devote
9th August 2009, 15:55
I think Schumi is also trying to protect Massa. What doctor will eliminate Schumi? I doubt that there is one who would go against the wishes of the German driver. I remember Lauda driving on pain killing injections. Let Schumi decide nobody else.

When Ferrari was alive and Lauda was injured - Aug 1 1976 - they signed Reutemann because they thought it was over - and Regga was replaced.

I would not put it beyond the team these days to do the same.

We have no idea if Massa will be "fine". He is going to recover and be able to live normally, but there is a significant difference between that and once again driving a Ferrari quickly and beating Raikonnen as usual.

Ferrari ought to rid themselves of the Finn for 2010 and sign Alonso already. The Ferrari team surely wrote a clause in the contract stipulating underperformance and Raikonnen has definitely not driven at his best for some time now.

woody2goody
9th August 2009, 17:37
I think Schumi is also trying to protect Massa. What doctor will eliminate Schumi? I doubt that there is one who would go against the wishes of the German driver. I remember Lauda driving on pain killing injections. Let Schumi decide nobody else.

When Ferrari was alive and Lauda was injured - Aug 1 1976 - they signed Reutemann because they thought it was over - and Regga was replaced.

I would not put it beyond the team these days to do the same.

We have no idea if Massa will be "fine". He is going to recover and be able to live normally, but there is a significant difference between that and once again driving a Ferrari quickly and beating Raikonnen as usual.

Ferrari ought to rid themselves of the Finn for 2010 and sign Alonso already. The Ferrari team surely wrote a clause in the contract stipulating underperformance and Raikonnen has definitely not driven at his best for some time now.

Good post. At least that way, it opens the door for someone (ie Michael, Luca or Marc) to take Massa's place if he turns out to be crap after the accident.

Not that I think he will be, and I want Massa to be 100% as good as he is now when he comes back, but getting rid of Raikkonen now is a smart move. To be honest, he drove only decently in his championship year, bar a few races when he was very good, and since then he has offered very little IMO.

In fact since 2005 he's offered very little. He was fantastic in that season, but his car prevented him from winning the title because it was so fragile. That was his time. 06 he was mediocre, and squandered the chances of victory that he got, 07 I mentioned, but either Alonso or Hamilton should have put him away, 08 he was anonymous apart from his 50 million fastest laps, and this year he hasn't seemed interested, apart from Hungary.

Alonso? It could be the case that he is joining the Scuderia, and whoever he has to deal with be it (most probably) Massa or Michael, or yes, even Kimi, will be a handful for him.

If I were Ferrari I wouldn't be against a swap deal with Renault to take Alonso and give them Raikkonen. Renault would probably be ok with that, it gives them a World Champion in their car, and he will provide a good test for their second driver. Plus, Ferrari get the best driver in the game, who will almost certainly be able to challenge for the 2010 title.

Plus, with Alonso out of the way, there would be a chance Flav and others would play a bit fairer than with Nelsinho, Fisi, Button and others.

race_director
9th August 2009, 23:43

once again building a castle in the sky for alonso

always remember that alonso won his both championship when in 2005 ferrari was down and out and 2006 MS had some bad luck but he fought hard and was 2nd in the championship

But on the other hand KIMI won in 2007 in a busted ferrari which broke down almost every 2n race and also the mac of alonso and hamilton were nearly 100% reliable. the infighting within mclaren was not ferrari problem. and hamilton pressed the restart button ins brazil. alonso was always the 2nd driver in mac

kimi won a hard fought championship. in which non can point a finger at him. and there was not need for him to bring the data from MAC to ferrari in 2007 since. ferrari was always a champion team

ShiftingGears
10th August 2009, 10:04
always remember that alonso won his both championship when in 2005 ferrari was down and out and 2006 MS had some bad luck but he fought hard and was 2nd in the championship

Alonso deserved his 2005 championship. After all, he won it.

He also had as many mechanical failures as Schumacher did in 2006. So let's not talk about 'bad luck'.

But on the other hand KIMI won in 2007 in a busted ferrari which broke down almost every 2n race

If by "almost every second race" you mean twice, then yes. Yes it did.

Ferrari should try to keep Kimi. Although for not nearly the same amount of money.