PDA

View Full Version : Number of engines used

Mark
6th August 2009, 12:04
Does anyone have a list of each car and how many engines it has used so far this season?

race_director
6th August 2009, 13:24
no idea

but would like a one race , unlimited engine . where the rpm is unlimited and see a lot of blow up in the races. :)

Cooper_S
6th August 2009, 13:35
what is the rule on engines per driver... Schumacher has raced none so can he have a fresh one in each of the 7 remaining races... :)

race_director
6th August 2009, 13:50
what is the rule on engines per driver... Schumacher has raced none so can he have a fresh one in each of the 7 remaining races... :)

i dont think so . he will still have to follow the one engine for 2/3 race i guess. i do not remember seeing him blow a engine . apart from one in australia in 98-99?

Mark
6th August 2009, 13:51

I believe it is per car, not per driver. So Schumacher will have to use whatever Massa had left over.

ioan
6th August 2009, 14:04
I believe it is per car, not per driver. So Schumacher will have to use whatever Massa had left over.

Exactly.

ioan
6th August 2009, 14:08
Here:
http://www.f1technical.net/articles/12613

It's not up to date, but supposing that Massa used a new engine for Nurburgring and the FP3 and Q in Hungary, MS will have 3 new engines + 1 engine with only one race on it for the remaining 3 races, which means 2 races (FP3, Q and race) per engine, and that is a very very good position to be in at this point.

Jon 'Massa' Beagles
6th August 2009, 14:15
Kubica has 2 engines left according to that site...anyone know what the ruling is on his options if he loses both of them before the end of the season?

(By loses I mean destroys btw :p )

ioan
6th August 2009, 14:18
Kubica has 2 engines left according to that site...anyone know what the ruling is on his options if he loses both of them before the end of the season?

(By loses I mean destroys btw :p )

10 places grid penalties for every new engine.

Cooper_S
6th August 2009, 14:41
so no real penalty then...

ioan
6th August 2009, 14:55
so no real penalty then...

Yep, maximum a couple of places! :D
Well spotted! ;)