PDA

View Full Version : Ross Brawn speeding!

bontebempo
4th August 2009, 11:57
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/8183053.stm

haha stick it to the courts Brawny. 100mph is safe as houses

jonv
4th August 2009, 12:00
Tut, Tut.

Would be interested in knowing what car he was driving - article does not say.

Mark
4th August 2009, 12:01
haha. Oh dear! It's kind of an unwritten rule that 70-100mph you can sometimes get away with. Over 100mph and they'll have you for sure!

Mark
4th August 2009, 12:02
Tut, Tut.

Would be interested in knowing what car he was driving - article does not say.

A "powerful Mercedes"

ioan
4th August 2009, 12:19
Must be the Schumacher comeback effect! ;)

Mark
4th August 2009, 12:24
You would have thought Frank Williams would provide reason enough for F1 bosses not to think they are invincible drivers!

bontebempo
4th August 2009, 13:16
You would have thought Frank Williams would provide reason enough for F1 bosses not to think they are invincible drivers!

odd thing to say?

Valve Bounce
4th August 2009, 14:03

Mark! consider your wrist slapped! :eek:

Knock-on
4th August 2009, 17:10
70mph is an outdated limit anyway. It was set in the days when the average car was in the ilk of the Morris Minor.

The stretch of road he was on was duel carriage way and in a modern car, perfectly safe at 100.

driveace
4th August 2009, 17:26
He will not lose his licence unless he already has loads of points on it,which we dont know.I have freind who were caught doing 104mph on the M1 ,he took a hefty fine,and3 points and said very sorry.He pleaded as he employed staff ,he would have to close down his business.they dont want unemployment so they gave him a BIG fine!

gloomyDAY
4th August 2009, 19:03
Here you go Brawn....

http://www-scf.usc.edu/%7Enwisniew/iom431/purple_pimp_hat.gif

Pimp hat!

Easy Drifter
5th August 2009, 07:45
In Ontario our speed limit on 2 lane highways is generally 80 k. The 400 series or other 4 lanes or plus highways (401 is up to 16 lanes) is 100k.
With our nanny state Liberal Govt. and a very 'Speed Kills' top cop anyone doing 50 k or more over is either charged with 'racing' or 'stunt driving'. I kid you not. Those are the charges.
Either results in an immediate on the spot 7 day licence suspension and a 7 day impoundment of the car. It is towed. How you and any passengers get home is your problem.
Then you go to court where the fine can be as much as $10,000.00. Insurance rates go out of site.
Quite often it is a young driver in his parents' car.
There has been more than one case where it was a cop, usually in an unmarked car who was caught speeding with no reason. Not often but it has happened.

race_director
5th August 2009, 08:15
In Ontario our speed limit on 2 lane highways is generally 80 k. The 400 series or other 4 lanes or plus highways (401 is up to 16 lanes) is 100k.
With our nanny state Liberal Govt. and a very 'Speed Kills' top cop anyone doing 50 k or more over is either charged with 'racing' or 'stunt driving'. I kid you not. Those are the charges.
Either results in an immediate on the spot 7 day licence suspension and a 7 day impoundment of the car. It is towed. How you and any passengers get home is your problem.
Then you go to court where the fine can be as much as $10,000.00. Insurance rates go out of site.
There has been more than one case where it was a cop, usually in an unmarked car who was caught speeding with no reason. Not often but it has happened.

this looks like a hand book of hell rules. lucky that my town police have only one speed gun. they use to catch people a few months back. the road here are bigger in breath than normal runway.

But the speed limit is 40 KMPH. if they catch u. If they issue a reciept for the fine RS 1000 (20$). and if u please then u can get away with Rs 100 ( 2$) :)

anyway police here issue reciept only near month end when they have to achive there collection target's :)

and last heard the speed gun is not working for the last 3-4 months

Oh yes i was caught driving a motorbike at 80 KMPH. i escaped by Paying RS 20 ( 40 cents) but that was 2004 . now days inflation is so much :)

I always wonder will the police vechile below ever go above 30-40?
http://i32.tinypic.com/rsg19f.jpg

Mark
5th August 2009, 08:21
He will not lose his licence unless he already has loads of points on it,which we dont know.I have freind who were caught doing 104mph on the M1 ,he took a hefty fine,and3 points and said very sorry.He pleaded as he employed staff ,he would have to close down his business.they dont want unemployment so they gave him a BIG fine!

That is at the courts descretion I think. You can indeed get an instant ban for doing over 100mph, even if you have no points on your licence.

Brawn may find it difficult to prove that he will suffer hardship if his licence is revoked. After all someone of his means could easily get a driver for the period of his ban.

ioan
5th August 2009, 09:32

I have to agree that it's exaggerated.
When you think that most highway in Germany are not speed limited than you realized that there is some problem with those limitations in Canada, unless you guys are very accident prone.

Knock-on
5th August 2009, 09:40
That is at the courts descretion I think. You can indeed get an instant ban for doing over 100mph, even if you have no points on your licence.

Brawn may find it difficult to prove that he will suffer hardship if his licence is revoked. After all someone of his means could easily get a driver for the period of his ban.

Correct Mark. The penalty for going 30mph over the speed limit is a 6 month ban.

This may be reduced depending on the situation but it's an automatic ban by default.

bontebempo
5th August 2009, 10:32
i took a picture of him speeding!

bontebempo
5th August 2009, 10:34
(Ignor previous post)

race_director
5th August 2009, 10:38
i took a picture of him speeding!

hahah

may be he was driving after play the GRID

Mark
5th August 2009, 11:39
Correct Mark. The penalty for going 30mph over the speed limit is a 6 month ban.

This may be reduced depending on the situation but it's an automatic ban by default.

Yep. I just hope that he takes his punishment like a man and doesn't use the footballer method of hiring an expensive legal team to get him off on a technicality.

Knock-on
5th August 2009, 11:46
Yep. I just hope that he takes his punishment like a man and doesn't use the footballer method of hiring an expensive legal team to get him off on a technicality.

The laws an ass anyway so I wouldn't blame him for using a loophole.

However, he will probably just cough up and then clense himself by heading up a road safety inititive.

AndyL
6th August 2009, 13:44

6 months is well over the odds. If he was actually doing 100, the magistrates' guidelines say 4-6 points OR a 7-28 day ban. For 101-110, it's 6 points or a 7-56 day ban. Plus a band B fine, which probably won't worry Ross too much.