PDA

View Full Version : Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio

NickFalzone
4th August 2009, 01:51
Sorry DF, beat you to the punch. This track has had some good races and some snoozers, hopefully some of the action from Kentucky continues into Mid-Ohio. This is the VS track overview:

http://www.versus.com/indycartrackpreview

drewdawg727
4th August 2009, 01:51
I think with the push-to-pass, it's gonna set up a few exciting overtaking opportunities, especially going into turn 4.

grungex
4th August 2009, 01:56
Sorry DF, beat you to the punch.

Oh dear. :p :

NickFalzone
4th August 2009, 01:57
Drew, that's possible but I've read that the teams will really need to fine-tune their gearing to get the most out of the push to pass. Some may not want to compromise their gear ratios in that way, but I don't know the specifics of it. With track position so important I imagine many of the teams will want to be optimized for use of the push to pass in t4. Might be a lot of changes between qualifying and race setup.

FormerFF
4th August 2009, 02:30
Mid-O has always been a tough place to pass. When the SCCA runoffs were held there, that was one of the complaints.

drewdawg727
4th August 2009, 02:46
Drew, that's possible but I've read that the teams will really need to fine-tune their gearing to get the most out of the push to pass. Some may not want to compromise their gear ratios in that way, but I don't know the specifics of it. With track position so important I imagine many of the teams will want to be optimized for use of the push to pass in t4. Might be a lot of changes between qualifying and race setup.

Well that's what going to make this race interesting! Different strategies.
The aero changes prob won't make a big difference.

Chamoo
4th August 2009, 07:27
Well that's what going to make this race interesting! Different strategies.
The aero changes prob won't make a big difference.

The aero changes are oval only I believe.

DanicaFan
4th August 2009, 22:31
Here is the entry list for the race...

Car # & Driver / Car Name / Team

#2 Raphael Matos / US Marines Luczo Dragon Racing / Luczo Dragon Racing
#3 Helio Castroneves / Team Penske / Team Penske
#4 Dan Wheldon / National Guard Panther Racing / Panther Racing
#5 Mario Moraes / Azul Tequila -Votorantim-KVRT / KV Racing Technology
#6 Ryan Briscoe / Team Penske / Team Penske
#7 Danica Patrick / Boost Mobile-Motorola / Andretti Green Racing
#9 Scott Dixon / Target Chip Ganassi Racing / Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#10 Dario Franchitti / Target Chip Ganassi Racing / Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#11 Tony Kanaan / Team 7-Eleven / Andretti Green Racing
#13 EJ Viso / PDVSA HVM Racing / HVM Racing
#14 Ryan Hunter-Reay / ABC Supply Co.-AJ Foyt Racing / AJ Foyt Enterprises
#18 Justin Wilson / Z-Line Designs / Dale Coyne Racing
#20 Ed Carpenter / Menard's-Vision Racing / Vision Racing
#23 Milka Duno / Citgo-Dreyer & Reinbold Racing / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
#24 Mike Conway / Roll Coater-Dreyer & Reinbold Racing / Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
#26 Marco Andretti / Meijer / Andretti Green Racing
#27 Hideki Mutoh / Formula Dream / Andretti Green Racing
#98 Richard Antinucci / CURB-Agajanian Team 3G / CURB-Agajanian Team 3G
#02 Graham Rahal / McDonald's Racing Team / Newman-Haas-Lanigan Racing
#06 TBA / Newman-Haas-Lanigan Racing / Newman-Haas-Lanigan Racing

NickFalzone
4th August 2009, 22:57
Good to see that NHL is planning to have a driver in that 2nd car, my fingers are still crossed that PT will be in there. Looks like Bobby D won't be in the HVM car until Sonoma?

garyshell
4th August 2009, 23:14
From PT's latyeset twitters he is off on a road trip with a friend. So I don't think it is him. ...sigh...

Gary

TURN3
4th August 2009, 23:19
From PT's latyeset twitters he is off on a road trip with a friend. So I don't think it is him. ...sigh...

Gary

Don't rule that out just yet, he hasn't updated in several days. Who knows what is going on or if he is even being considered. I'd say the IRL would be best served to help get him in that car. Without any IRL help, it'll most likely be Oriol or Bruno...I think PT has more in going on for next year with KV, just a hunch.

Hoop-98
4th August 2009, 23:29
Look for Servia in the 06 according to speed.

rh

NickFalzone
4th August 2009, 23:36
I think PT has more in going on for next year with KV, just a hunch.

I don't. Last I read, him and Vasser weren't even talking since the Moraes incident. It sounds like Servia will be in though. Nothing against him, he's a deserving and quality driver, but I'd like to see PT get this deal.

jackmart
5th August 2009, 18:01
has anyone been here? I'm going this weekend, do they even have grand stands?

PA Rick
5th August 2009, 18:15

I think the good ones are sold out. But no worries, the best places to watch are the hillside above the keyhole and the hillside above the esses (madness). These hold several thousand fans each. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs.
Get there early and have a brat.

jackmart
5th August 2009, 18:16
i acutally got tickets through someone that sponsers TK and DP so maybe they will be grandstand, I get to physically hold them in my hand tonight. Is it hard to watch then if everyone is just on a blanket

PA Rick
5th August 2009, 18:30
i acutally got tickets through someone that sponsers TK and DP so maybe they will be grandstand, I get to physically hold them in my hand tonight. Is it hard to watch then if everyone is just on a blanket

It's a steep hill so you can see over the person in front. A lot of people have wooden blocks to level their lawn chairs. If you have grandstand seats you will get a pretty good view of about a third of the track. From the hillsides about a quarter. Bring your radio and scanner if you have one. I think you can still hear the TV feed on the scanner.

jackmart
5th August 2009, 18:33
thanks for all the advice, i don't have a scanner or know what one is but i will bring the radio, hope the seats are grandstands

garyshell
5th August 2009, 19:19

The LAST place you wanna be is the grandstands all day. Move around see it from multiple vantage points. There are fabulous spectator mounds all around this track. The best action is in the esses at the end of the long back straight. (BTW the start line is on this back straight but the finish line is on the short straight along the pit lane.) If you get there early enough the best vantage point is on the crest of the hill in the middle of the esses. They come down the back straight to a right-hander then up a rise to a 90 degree blind left. If you can find a spot right at the apex of that left as high up as you can get you can see ALL of the action in the esses. On this map it is right beside the "MidOhio deck". http://www.midohio.com/Fan-Guide/Map-of-Facility

The keyhole just before the long back straight is also a great place to watch. You can see them out of turn one, through the keyhole and then down most of the long back straight.

The carousel before pit-in is fun. From the map you can see it is a long sweeping right hander.

Not to be missed are the walkover bridges (not the drive over one). These are wooden floored structures that you can see down through the slats as the cars sweep underneath you. The sound is intoxicating. Try to time your arrival at one during a restart for the full on effect. Trust me it is WORTH IT! I have a great nephew who I took to the one in the esses when he was three years old. Each time we go back (three times now), all he can think about is "uncle Gary when can we walk over the bridge?"

"Thunder valley" the section between the second walkover bridge and the carousel is great because you can get really close to the cars as the move past. The right hander just before the second walkover is a slow corner and slightly elevated from the fence line affording a great spot for photos. As is the section just past the first walkover.

The paddock is very accessible and if you go at the right time of day expect to see lots of drivers and owners milling about. The garages are VERY cool, they have a spectator balcony that looks down into the garages. These balconies also overlook the pits, so time you arrival there during pit stops.

Does it sound like I know this place? I've only been going there every year since 1967. I've seen everything from the original Can-AM, Trans Am, SCCA runoffs, CART, Le Car series (the best damn racing I EVER saw), motorcycles, shifter carts, etc. I love this place!

Gary

garyshell
5th August 2009, 19:26

No it really isn't. The mounds are designed as long slopping hills that afford a BETTER view than the grandstands. Bring lawn chairs and a blanket. You can stake out a spot with your blanket and the wander around various parts of the track as the race progresses. All the while, leaving your chairs, blanket and cooler at your original spot. See my previous note as to where that spot SHOULD be. Do not worry, no one will bother your stuff. Don't leave valuables behind of course, but no one will bother your cooler or food. I know that sounds improbable, but it really is so.

Gary

DanicaFan
5th August 2009, 20:37
I am heading out early Friday morning again for this race. I cant wait.

jackmart
5th August 2009, 22:47
Ok, just got my pass. They are grandstands. Here is the question that I have. We got passes for the race, includes a meet n greet pic with "the torch" yay, and pit passes for the weekend. Will the pit passes be enough to get in Friday and Saturday or do I need to buy passes for those days as well?

SarahFan
5th August 2009, 22:53
Looks like moreas won't be inthe car this weekend
Anyone heard rumor of pt in the seat?

DanicaFan
5th August 2009, 23:06
Ok, just got my pass. They are grandstands. Here is the question that I have. We got passes for the race, includes a meet n greet pic with "the torch" yay, and pit passes for the weekend. Will the pit passes be enough to get in Friday and Saturday or do I need to buy passes for those days as well?

I think I have this straight. If you have just a pit pass, then you still need a general admission ticket to get in the gates for each day that you go. The pit pass is valid for all 3 days this weekend but you need a general admission for each day.

The grandstand tickets are good for the grandstand seating only, they are not an admission ticket.

Now you say you got passes for the race with a meet and greet, that may include an admission, Im not sure about the meet and greet. I would call the mid-ohio office and ask them just to be sure. You can get a general admission ticket anytime at the gate if you need it.

jackmart
5th August 2009, 23:11
hmm, i should call them tomorrow, the meet n greet is through agr and with a company that sponsors them. so i can't get in with the grandstand ticket, i need a normal ticket or just a normal ticket if i want to go check out other places?

garyshell
5th August 2009, 23:15
hmm, i should call them tomorrow, the meet n greet is through agr and with a company that sponsors them. so i can't get in with the grandstand ticket, i need a normal ticket or just a normal ticket if i want to go check out other places?

Your grandstand ticket is also a general admission ticket. The paddock pass is good for all weekend. Check this page:

http://www.midohio.com/Fan-Guide/The-Mid-Ohio-Experience

Gary

DanicaFan
5th August 2009, 23:15

I would call to verify in reference the meet and greet. That Im not 100% on. But the grandstand ticket is just that, its a place to sit, not an admission ticket.

DanicaFan
5th August 2009, 23:20
Oh hey Gary, I talked to Wilf on the phone at Kentucky Speedway this past weekend. Are you going to Ohio as well ?

PA Rick
5th August 2009, 23:21

1-800-mid-ohio (1-800-643-6446) should help. Tix are $20 for Fri and $45 for Sat, Weekend is $70. There will be some good racing there this weekend. Check out midohio.com.
Enjoy!

NickFalzone
5th August 2009, 23:22
Ken, where did you hear that Moraes would be out of the seat this weekend? I saw something about him having knee issues and having to see a doctor last week, is that what this is about?

DanicaFan
5th August 2009, 23:24
Ken, where did you hear that Moraes would be out of the seat this weekend? I saw something about him having knee issues and having to see a doctor last week, is that what this is about?

It was on the Brazilian news I guess. Due to family problems, he will be missing the race. Im thinking KV will call up Paul Tracy.

DanicaFan
5th August 2009, 23:25
All advance ticket sales for Mid-Ohio are sold out. You can only buy tickets at the door. (pit passes, grandstands all sold out).

NickFalzone
5th August 2009, 23:26
Interesting... I kind of wonder if PT was up for the NHL seat, then backed out of that because he needed to fill in for Mario. That could also explain why the NHL thing was a one-week deal with Servia, or maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Mad_Hatter
5th August 2009, 23:26
Did somebody PT and Vasser haven't talked since the Moraes incident?

Edit: yep

I don't. Last I read, him and Vasser weren't even talking since the Moraes incident. It sounds like Servia will be in though. Nothing against him, he's a deserving and quality driver, but I'd like to see PT get this deal.

DanicaFan
5th August 2009, 23:28

They have spoken since the incident and he has also spoken with Moraes and everything is fine again. :)

Mad_Hatter
5th August 2009, 23:29
:up:

NickFalzone
5th August 2009, 23:29

That was me. I also saw a brief conversation they had on Twitter that was not very pleasant. Then again, who are we to know the details. Even if they have some personal issues, I would assume that PT is their easiest choice to fill in this weekend. It's kind of funny because according to twitter, he's out in Wyoming camping right now and these "fill-in" deals keep cutting short his vacations. Last time he was on a road trip to Texas to get some classic Lincoln town car when AJ called.

DanicaFan
5th August 2009, 23:30
I also believe Oriol Servia is in at NHL for the remainder of the season.

NickFalzone
5th August 2009, 23:31
DF, could be, but this suggests otherwise:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090805/SPORTS0107/908050396/1052/SPORTS01/Servia+to+replace+Doornbos+for+one+race

TURN3
5th August 2009, 23:46

Edit: yep

Jeemy was PO'd at PT after the race as PT explains in his blog. They've twittered since to each other so I don't think there is much to it. I haven't seen anything suggesting otherwise except the 1 comment here. JV & PT are known to be pretty good buddies and hang in Vegas together. I doubt it would cause too major of a rift...especially considering PT proved he can put the hammer down. Ultimately, PT is KV's best chance to win week in and week out.

TURN3
6th August 2009, 00:05
Not that it isn't out there, but I can't find any news of Mario being out this weekend. Anybody have any links? I know his dad has been ill and from his Twitter page Mario has been at the hospital (from my limited Portugese translation). I did notice he hasn't updated since the 3rd and he's a regular poster. Regardless, my thoughts go out to his family.

NickFalzone
6th August 2009, 01:14
T3, I also haven't seen any articles on it and I searched Google news. Kevin Lee did just mention on Twitter that Doornbos is signed for rest of '09 and '10 for HVM.

In the course of my google news search I found that AJ Foyt now has a special column in USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/columnist/foyt/2009-08-05-kentucky_N.htm

Here's the press releases on Doornbos and Servia:

http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=14822

http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=14820

KentuckyKate
6th August 2009, 02:51
Mario's Dad passed away today in Brazil. I couldn't imagine what him and his family must be going through.

Hoop-98
6th August 2009, 02:57
Mario's Dad passed away today in Brazil. I couldn't imagine what him and his family must be going through.

My condolences to his family, lost mine a while back, put's things in perspective...godspeed...

rh

TURN3
6th August 2009, 03:22
One of my best friends lost his father this week. It really does put things into the right place. If confirmed from a valid source, we really should start a thread so everybody has a chance to extend their condolences for Mario & his family.

NickFalzone
6th August 2009, 03:29
Mario has been visiting his father in a Houston hospital after races each week, he was battling cancer for quite awhile. You can write to him on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/mariomoraesindy

TURN3
6th August 2009, 04:44
Sadly, this has been confirmed on KV's twitter page. No word of Mario's impending status for the race. If racing can be theraputic to him, I hope he makes it back and puts it in Victory lane.

DanicaFan
6th August 2009, 05:07
Robert Doornbos will be driving for HVM Racing for the remainder of the season. He left NHL after Kentucky. He will be driving the #33 car and be EJ Viso's teammate. He will be in the car starting this weekend at Mid-Ohio.

TURN3
6th August 2009, 17:56
I'm shocked at the lack of any news. Doornbos leaves NHL and it's all over, Mario has a tragedy and 1 news release copied in a couple of places. You'd think there would be more outpouring of support from the racing community and there is zilch! That offends me a little!! At least us fans & AR1 have shown some.

Also, no word on if KV is going to field their car this week or who they intend on putting in the seat until Mario comes back. I know we all speculate PT would be the guy but there aren't any reports.

SarahFan
6th August 2009, 19:32
thoughts go out to mario and family....

*reading elsewhere

KV haulers arrived at MO today

PT tweeted drove all nite...16hrs... to get home from sturgis

TURN3
6th August 2009, 20:30
thoughts go out to mario and family....

*reading elsewhere

KV haulers arrived at MO today

PT tweeted drove all nite...16hrs... to get home from sturgis

Yep, I'd say that is a sign.

SarahFan
6th August 2009, 20:40
If PT is in the car it will be interesting of he is in the Azul car ... Or if the toll out 'Canadien ' he raced in Toronto and Edmonton

DanicaFan
7th August 2009, 02:00
Im off to Ohio early tomorrow morning. I'll let everyone know how it goes when I get back. Have a great weekend.

jackmart
7th August 2009, 02:47
I went today to get my pit passes. Wow how amazing. I went to long beach and was only in the pits for autographs. I saw kv racing and asked if mario was coming and the guy was like year. And I was like that is great, I just feel so bad for him and his father and the guy had no idea that his dad did in fact pass away. I thought that was kinda odd. Then upon leaving we saw Dario, he was like 50 ft from us and at first pretended like he didn't hear us but then finally acknowledged our presence and he let me take a pic with him.

here it is

jackmart
7th August 2009, 03:17
man i can't edit it anymore

http://thumb3.webshots.net/t/74/174/9/67/69/2465967690049315083GfnASV_th.jpg

SarahFan
7th August 2009, 03:29
. I saw kv racing and asked if mario was coming and the guy was like year.

year?

or yeah?

jackmart
7th August 2009, 04:19
sorry the guy said yeah but had no idea that his dad had passed. however clearly someone is racing in the car since they brought the stuff there. I didn't see their truck but I saw the stuff the bring out to the pits

garyshell
7th August 2009, 06:44
Yep, I'd say that is a sign.

How about this one to add some fire to the speculation:

It's windy in Vegas , probably bumpy flying weather about 7 hours ago (http://twitter.com/paultracy3/status/3170162663) from TwitterFon (http://twitterfon.net/)

Gary

Easy Drifter
7th August 2009, 07:29
PT is Canadian.
Tags is Canadien. :D :D :D
Both are from Canada!!!!!! :eek:

NickFalzone
7th August 2009, 13:59
How about this one from this morning:

Ohh ohh ohh , hi hi hi ohh ... I'm tired ...

NickFalzone
7th August 2009, 14:48
Curt Cavin:

"Confirmed: Paul Tracy driving for Mario Moraes this weekend at Mid-Ohio"

Marbles
7th August 2009, 15:14
Mid-O has always been a tough place to pass. When the SCCA runoffs were held there, that was one of the complaints.

There use to be a decent amount of passing at the end of the back straight and also through the esses in CART. Has the layout changed?

Chamoo
7th August 2009, 15:38
There use to be a decent amount of passing at the end of the back straight and also through the esses in CART. Has the layout changed?

I thought I heard something about a layout change, but I'm not sure Marbles. I still enjoy Mid-Ohio for the elevation changes, and hopefully Push-to-Pass will help out quite a bit.

I still think there is some passing there, just need the drivers to be a tad more risky while being forgiving at the same time.

garyshell
7th August 2009, 15:39

Nope! Still the same. There was a decent amount of passes in the SCCA runoffs too in that section. There are other places too, if you "cinch 'em up tight" and go for it. ...big ol' grin...

Gary

Hoop-98
7th August 2009, 15:45
Entrant List:

http://i27.tinypic.com/r224d5.jpg

Hoop-98
7th August 2009, 15:51
Track Schedule:

http://i30.tinypic.com/r9obbq.jpg

rh

Marbles
7th August 2009, 16:01
It's good news to hear it hasn't changed but I think it will depend more on the cars than the drivers as to how much passing there will be. I remember some 'almost' three-wide situations at the end of the back straight years ago.

I've got my fingers up and my hopes crossed.

Hoop-98
7th August 2009, 16:04
For Reference, P1 Results from 2008.

http://i30.tinypic.com/1z1v0o5.jpg

rh

Hoop-98
7th August 2009, 16:53
No Kidding, hats off to those guys!

Easy Drifter
7th August 2009, 19:18
Sun and heat bad enough but rain and cold sheer misery for the corner workers.

chuck34
7th August 2009, 19:35
Corner workers are a "different" breed. God love 'em, we need more of 'em. Hats off to them. And a big 'old thank you for sure.

TURN3
7th August 2009, 20:40
With very little respect due...I just fell asleep trying to watch Indy practice because they're playing DeFerran's news conference. There aren't too many people less exciting to listen to! Good lord, there is a practice going!! Why are we listening to a monotone rambling of a guy that really hasn't committed to anything other than his hope to run in Indycar next year?

Mad_Hatter
7th August 2009, 20:43
ditto, boring.

NickFalzone
7th August 2009, 20:43
I agree T3. "I'd like to run a 2-car IndyCar team next year along with a 2-car ALMS team. I like Sato and Dixon but have not signed them yet." This is news?

TURN3
7th August 2009, 20:56
I had to put my speakers on mute...somebody with the courage to listen to this boring crap please post when it is back to racing. I'd be most grateful!

SarahFan
8th August 2009, 17:34
time to qualify!

any early predictions?

NickFalzone
8th August 2009, 17:37
time to qualify!

any early predictions?

fast six in no particular order:

tk
helio
wilson
dixon
rahal
briscoe

SarahFan
8th August 2009, 17:44
there goes wilson into the 7's...

he is my pick for pole!

Hoop-98
8th August 2009, 18:39
Round 2:

http://i25.tinypic.com/2bsh8l.jpg

rh

Hoop-98
8th August 2009, 19:01
http://i26.tinypic.com/2r39y07.jpg

rh

TURN3
9th August 2009, 19:41
8th thru 14th covered by less than 2 seconds and they aren't even showing it.

e2mtt
9th August 2009, 21:22
That was a dull race. :-(

NickFalzone
9th August 2009, 21:44

Yep.

gerkebi
9th August 2009, 21:46
I just figured it out...the IRL wants Milka out there as a rolling chicane to spice up the racing. Great pick and roll by Dixon. She's another wild card to contend with and make the racing more exciting. They may be smarter than we think.

underpowered
9th August 2009, 23:31

I loved it!

SoCalPVguy
10th August 2009, 01:50
I was out and couldn't watch...

How did the fifth place series driver do today ?

Ohhh, dear, really ... 18th place or so, two laps down, last of the 4 AGR cars... turning right is just sooo hard.

Hoop-98
10th August 2009, 02:13

Ohhh, dear, really ... 18th place or so, two laps down, last of the 4 AGR cars... turning right is just sooo hard.

Might wanna do some research...

DanicaFan
10th August 2009, 02:52
Congratulations to Scott Dixon for the win!

Here are the final results..

1. #9 Scott Dixon
2. #6 Ryan Briscoe
3. #10 Dario Franchitti
4. #14 Ryan Hunter-Reay
5. #27 Hideki Mutoh
6. #26 Marco Andretti
7. #5 Paul Tracy
8. #02 Graham Rahal
9. #2 Raphael Matos
10. #11 Tony Kanaan
11. #06 Oriol Servia
12. #3 Helio Castroneves
13. #18 Justin Wilson
14. #33 Robert Doornbos
15. #13 EJ Viso
16. #4 Dan Wheldon
17. #20 Ed Carpenter
18. #98 Richard Antinucci
19. #7 Danica Patrick
20. #24 Mike Conway
21. #23 Milka Duno

DanicaFan
10th August 2009, 03:03
Well, Im back now. What a great weekend.

Friday was a nice day. The weather was nice. I got to speak to Danica and her dad again. I spoke with all her pit crew again. I also got Danica to sign that Gentleman Jack whiskey bottle. http://lasttofirst.com/Smileys/yarex2/cheesy.gif

Saturday wasnt a good day. It was overcast and rained a little but they qualified. Danica qualified 12th. Her practice sessions werent that good this week. She had a slow car.

As for race day, it was just plain hot! But it was a good, clean race. Only 2 cautions. Unfortunately Mike Conway makes contact with Danica causing her to veer off into the sand. This caused her to go 2 laps down and ruined her day. But she got back out there and finished 19th.
Justin Wilson ran strong today too. An unfortunate pitstop hurt him. He couldnt get his car refired and lost a lot of valuable time in the pits.
Congrats to Scott Dixon though on a great race and for his 20th win.

PA Rick
10th August 2009, 03:10

Nah, she finished 19th. She would have finished in the top 17 if Conweasel hadn't punted her. When you race near the back, bad things happen more often.

Marbles
10th August 2009, 03:10
It was a snoozer, alright! There was some passing out there at some point. Man in the booth cut away a few times when it looked like something might happen but that was about it.

Milka made good on getting in the way although I think Wilson was just plain outgunned by Dixon at that point in the race.

The first caution shouldn't have happened unless your concerned about too many cars going down a lap.

Disappointing... Overtake Assist\Do not overtake assist\Push to pass\push to not get passed button or not.

But that's racing...

DanicaFan
10th August 2009, 03:12
Here is me and Danica this weekend.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0841.jpg

PA Rick
10th August 2009, 03:14

Versus seemed to cut away at the exact wrong time. They were in side by side when Wilson made the pass for the lead, they missed the first pit stops on a break, they cut away from Tracy when he was outbraking another driver, they seemed to stay on the least interesting driver all the time. I loved seeing Danica's feet for almost a whole lap when she was two laps down.

jackmart
10th August 2009, 03:20

I totally met you, lol. and danica for that matter too

Marbles
10th August 2009, 03:24
Yes, they messed up the direction a bit today. And what's with Arute getting so much time? Dear God! Do they not hear out pleas?

I loved seeing Danica's feet for almost a whole lap when she was two laps down.

Silly thing to show unless you are catering to people with a foot fetish. In years gone by it was neat to watch and explain to the uninitiated what heal and toe breaking was and watch how some seemed a bit more on it than others but nowadays what's the point. Mash Right Foot.... Mash Left Foot.. repeat.

PA Rick
10th August 2009, 03:31
Mash Right Foot.... Mash Left Foot.. repeat.

Sometimes mash both feet at the same time.

Marbles
10th August 2009, 03:36
Sometimes mash both feet at the same time.

Only when in doubt... err.. in a spin! :)

TURN3
10th August 2009, 04:14
Nah, she finished 19th. She would have finished in the top 17 if Conweasel hadn't punted her. When you race near the back, bad things happen more often.

Race? Or Drive near the back? She was passed on track more times today than any other driver outside of Milka (which doesn't count). You nailed it, she'd probably been 17th if Consweasel didn't hit her...but I have to admit I wasn't heart broken that he did either. Marco is almost the 5th best driver in the series now.

garyshell
10th August 2009, 04:25
As for race day, it was just plain hot! But it was a good, clean race. Only 2 cautions. Unfortunately Mike Conway makes contact with Danica causing her to veer off into the sand. This caused her to go 2 laps down and ruined her day. But she got back out there and finished 19th.
Justin Wilson ran strong today too. An unfortunate pitstop hurt him. He couldn't get his car refired and lost a lot of valuable time in the pits.
Congrats to Scott Dixon though on a great race and for his 20th win.

It wasn't any where near as hot as it usually is at Mid Ohio this time of year, there was a constant breeze all day that made it real nice for the fans. Of course that breeze didn't do a thing for the drivers who I am sure were hot like they always are here.

Justin wasn't hurt by the pitstop so much as he was by the fuel strategy, he was running out of gas as he approached the carousel and sputtered down pit lane. After the stop he hit the gas full on and it stalled, again because it was running out as he came in.

The interesting thing for me was Justin's pass on Briscoe to take the lead. In all the years I have been going to MidOhio that was the first time I have EVER seen and openwheel pass there in turn 11. Not one of the "normal" passing zones at all.

Dixon just walked away at the end. Not the best race I have seen here, my first IRL race at the track. Not sure what the issue is, I can say I don't think it is the width of the track as others have been saying. I don't want to dredge up the CART vs IRL wars, but CART put on a better show here. (I admit I am basing this on the ONE race I have seen the IRL run at MidOhio.)

Gary

SarahFan
10th August 2009, 04:33

yo Dfan....just curios

are you a danica fan 1st and an irl fan second...... or the other way around

Shifter
10th August 2009, 07:28
I'd bet it was so-so on TV, but it was good in-person, and I thouroughly enjoyed it. If you were looking for more action, Indy Lights had it as well as ALMS...I guess the indycars, built to takle speedways, had legs that are just a bit too long to fit in Mid-Ohio pants. I'm for sure putting IRL @ Watkins Glen on my to-do list, it's a faster flowing track that suits these beasts more.

jimispeed
10th August 2009, 07:45
Gotta love PT.........he tells it like it is!!

PT'S BLOG - RACE DAY

Well I guess we had a seventh or eighth place car all weekend, and we finished seventh. It wasn’t spectacular, it wasn’t a Thrilla for us, but it was okay. The problem was understeer on the slow- and medium-speed corners. We got it to where we were good in the fast stuff, it was great on the brakes and on power-down – it was phenomenal coming out of the Keyhole corner. But the twisty stuff crippled our overall lap time, because it’s carrying momentum through there that you make up time at Mid-Ohio, and whenever I tried to roll more speed through there, we’d be pushing out wide and off-line, which ruins the sequence and picks up crap on the tires. So I had to over-slow it, and when you do that, although I could catch cars, passing them was a bitch, especially when you naturally have understeer anyway when you’re following another car.
But at least I didn’t make mistakes; some of the big-money players like Helio drove through the gravel traps, so they ended up getting beaten by the 40-year-old driving for hamburgers. I hear they didn’t show me passing Viso, but it was quite a good maneuver – I drafted him, hit the push to pass (which feels like…well, nothing to be honest) and then outbraked him. What was more important, I gapped him on the next lap, so when we came in together for our first pitstop, it didn’t matter so much that ours was a bit slow. I came out right in front of him, and then although Matos beat us, I was able to get past him on cold tires and then kept him at bay for the whole race. Don’t know what happened to Viso after that.
I suppose Marco Andretti must have driven a strong race and clicked off some fast laps before his final pitstop, because he ended up ahead of us, which was a pisser. But he made his team’s tactics work, so I’ll give him credit. I was able to beat the second generation driver, Graham Rahal. He came out of the gravel trap right in front of me, and I was able to outbrake him at the end of the back straightaway. I was thinking he’d just fall away, because there seemed to be a bunch of parts flying off his car when I went past, but for the rest of the race he was all over me like a cheap suit, so I was working hard in the cockpit to keep a much faster car behind me for those last 20 laps.
Going back to the subject of push to pass: it’s okay, but it’s nothing that would get an ex-Champ Car driver excited. It’s worth 1mph, maybe 2, down the straightaway. The problem is, it gives you an extra 200 revs at the top but by then the motor has gone past its powerband anyhow. So at 9800rpm, this boost is worth 10hp, but at 10,500, it feels like around 3hp. It can help you get a little run on a guy, but it’s not like you’re going to do 6mph faster like in Champ Car.
I think KV Racing team was pleased with me and they got some good points which the No. 5 needed so I hope I moved Mario further up the pitlane, away from Conweasel – which, after Kentucky, is quite a good thing, I reckon. (Yeah, okay, so he shouldn’t have been released at that moment, I know.) But today I hear it was his car that put Danica in the gravel. He’ll get some bad rap for that, I’m sure. The weasel picked the wrong bird to mess with; that bird will peck his eyes out!
Just about to log off and send this to Malsher at RACER to check the spelling and grammar (he’s very bored without his website to play with, so he offered to do it for mine). But I see that the NASCAR race at The Glen got rained out. They don’t race the Cup cars in the wet, because they don’t have the tires for it. They did in the Nationwide races up in Canada, but apparently it was a disaster. I heard you could have won that race in a Hertz rental Toyota Prius.
Right, I have to catch my flight home. I’m hoping that won’t be the last time you see me in an IndyCar, but it probably will be for this year. But I’ll get back to the training in case there’s a late call-up again. Respect to KV Racing, and again, good luck to Mario in his family’s bad time. Thanks for trusting me with your No. 5 car.
P.T.

Shifter
10th August 2009, 08:05
PT did an awesome job today considering he landed the last-minute ride! It's going to be such a shame if he disappears and Duno keeps racing. Too bad versus didn't catch all his moves, I saw them in person and I have to say, "PT is the man!" I'm attaching a wonderfully goofy pic from a practice debrief.

beachgirl
10th August 2009, 13:57

She got back out there because Michael told her she had to. Since she had one of the camera cars on Race Control, I decided to listen to her radio for the whole race. When she went off, she immediately told Michael they were done. She then took her steering wheel off, started to take off her belts, and went to get out. He asked if there was damage, she said she didn't think so. He told her to stay in the car, and get back out there. She actually asked him why. In a rather exasperated voice, he said "Points". Her comment was "oh". Apparently that hadn't occurred to her. Then, because she'd undone some of her belts, it took the safety crew a few minutes to get her tightened back up again before they could move the car.

Later, with about 30 laps to go, and before her final pit stop, she asked Michael how many laps were left, and he told her. She then asked if that meant she had to make a pit stop. There was a long pause, and then he said "yes".

This was very enlightening to me. She is obviously a very good driver. But she's no racer. A racer would not have given up immediately like that. A racer would have wanted to get back out, regardless. A racer would not need to have the reason to get back out explained to them. A racer would have some concept of the pit strategy and how many pit stops would be necessary in the race, and how many were already done. Aafter 5 years in the series, she should not have to be lead by the hand.

Good luck to her, and whatever team she ends up with. She's not the sharpest pencil in the box.

Blast away.

e2mtt
10th August 2009, 14:01
... She actually asked him why. In a rather exasperated voice, he said "Points". Her comment was "oh". Apparently that hadn't occurred to her. Then, because she'd undone some of her belts, it took the safety crew a few minutes to get her tightened back up again before they could move the car.

Later, with about 30 laps to go, and before her final pit stop, she asked Michael how many laps were left, and he told her. She then asked if that meant she had to make a pit stop. There was a long pause, and then he said "yes". ...

Thats hilarious.

EagleEye
10th August 2009, 14:06
She got back out there because Michael told her she had to. Since she had one of the camera cars on Race Control, I decided to listen to her radio for the whole race. When she went off, she immediately told Michael they were done. She then took her steering wheel off, started to take off her belts, and went to get out. He asked if there was damage, she said she didn't think so. He told her to stay in the car, and get back out there. She actually asked him why. In a rather exasperated voice, he said "Points". Her comment was "oh". Apparently that hadn't occurred to her. Then, because she'd undone some of her belts, it took the safety crew a few minutes to get her tightened back up again before they could move the car.

Later, with about 30 laps to go, and before her final pit stop, she asked Michael how many laps were left, and he told her. She then asked if that meant she had to make a pit stop. There was a long pause, and then he said "yes".

This was very enlightening to me. She is obviously a very good driver. But she's no racer. A racer would not have given up immediately like that. A racer would have wanted to get back out, regardless. A racer would not need to have the reason to get back out explained to them. A racer would have some concept of the pit strategy and how many pit stops would be necessary in the race, and how many were already done. Aafter 5 years in the series, she should not have to be lead by the hand.

Good luck to her, and whatever team she ends up with. She's not the sharpest pencil in the box.

100% correct. I know of one driver who says "Boo" every time he comes up on her, as she is very easily scared in traffic, especially on restarts. She can drive, but she is no racer...

drewdawg727
10th August 2009, 14:56
Well that was 2 hours of my life I couldn't get back...

That was the worst road course race of the year, and I am seriously considering not tuning into Infineon in 2 weeks, because I'm pretty sure it's going to be twice as bad.

Congrats to RHR and Mutoh for getting a top 5 finish at the expense of Graham and Castroneves sliding off the course...otherwise we would've seen those two up there instead.

From what I hear and see, this push-to-pass is rubbish. Briscoe was on it for every lap at the end for the most part to get away from Franchitti, but Franchitti stayed on his tail for the end of the race.

Am I whining? Well that's just too bad, because after that race I think many of those fans at the racetrack are feeling just as disappointed as i am.

ClarkFan
10th August 2009, 15:05

Blast away.

The crowd above the Esses would have nominated Conway for Driver of The Race...... :p

ClarkFan

TURN3
10th August 2009, 15:52
100% correct. I know of one driver who says "Boo" every time he comes up on her, as she is very easily scared in traffic, especially on restarts. She can drive, but she is no racer...

Really guys...for all the bashing I've done on her, this is exactly what I've always said. To leave it mild for today, I couldn't agree more.

DanicaFan
10th August 2009, 16:15

Blast away.

beachgirl, I know exactly what she said. I listen to her radio broadcast every race. Thank you much. ;)

She did to get out of the car at first(she figured she was done and the car was damaged) Micheal said stay in the car if they get you started. He did want to her stay in the car for points. That is true.
She also said at first she was sorry, it was her fault, then Michael came on and said, no he just saw the replay, it was definitely Conway's fault.

( You forgot to mention this part beachgirl) :mad:

She then asked if they wanted her to pit obviously and Michael said yes. On the way back to the pits she said the car feels fine.

This is the true account of her radio traffic everyone, not some bias danica basher.

drewdawg727
10th August 2009, 16:46
Is it bad that the most entertaining part of the race was watching Conway punt Patrick off the track..?

beachgirl
10th August 2009, 16:50
beachgirl, I know exactly what she said. I listen to her radio broadcast every race. Thank you much. ;)

She did to get out of the car at first(she figured she was done and the car was damaged) Micheal said stay in the car if they get you started. He did want to her stay in the car for points. That is true.
She also said at first she was sorry, it was her fault, then Michael came on and said, no he just saw the replay, it was definitely Conway's fault.

She then asked if they wanted her to pit obviously and Michael said yes. On the way back to the pits she said the car feels fine.

This is the true account of her radio traffic everyone, not some bias danica basher.

Sorry, DF, you left out all the other stuff that was on the radio between what you listed above, and after what you have in your post. But whatever. You're a fan, and that's great. You stick up for her regardless, and that's great. But just because some of us don't, doesn't automatically make us "bashers". If she desires to be treated as just another racer, then she needs to act like a racer, and be held to the same standards as everyone else. She just doesn't inspire blind loyalty as a racer to some of us. Especially the ones of us who have been there, done that.

drewdawg727
10th August 2009, 16:55
DanicaFan - I am a little curious to know why you are flaunting your pictures at us with you and Danica at every race you seem to go to...do you need to keep reminding us every week that you have very strong feelings for her? I think this is the 3rd time that you've decided to throw this in the rest of our faces. For the record, the pictures really don't change much.

TURN3
10th August 2009, 17:19
DanicaFan - I am a little curious to know why you are flaunting your pictures at us with you and Danica at every race you seem to go to...do you need to keep reminding us every week that you have very strong feelings for her? I think this is the 3rd time that you've decided to throw this in the rest of our faces. For the record, the pictures really don't change much.

I wouldn't call it flaunting on his part, that would indicate the rest of us are jealous. I think just about everybody on this forum has been to numerous races and had the chance to meet the drivers of their choosing and "be a fan". The part I find disturbing is how many of the same picure do you need from the same weekend, from the week before, from the season before, etc. etc. etc. I find it disturbing to see a grown person (no matter who it is) behave this way. First off, nobody here cares to see forum members mugs (mine included). If it is an interesting picture, then ok but not the same exact photo time after time after time...with nothing interesting about it to begin with. I hope that isn't out of line, coming from a Danica basher (realist) I merely contributing to the aforementioned comment.

Shifter
10th August 2009, 18:33
Deluxe ticket holders had almost too much access, Danica couldn't walk back to her pitbox after taking a leak without ulgy sweaty dudes mobbing her, but I love to see her interact with the kids. The last thing she did before strapping in was hug a wide-eyed little gir who recognized her, and I thought that was a great moment. lI couldn't bring myself to much bug any of the drivers outside of official autograph sessions, outside of nabbing Dario for an autograph as he walked from the paddock to the pits because I think he's genuinely a rare talent. Overall I got the feeling Danica hated the entire Mid-Ohio experience, and of course Duno on the other hand lives for the attention a driver gets as opposed to actually driving, ha. I gave a thumbs up to Antinucci who seemed genuinely happy to be recognized. The best time to approach a driver is saturday evening in the paddock, Dixon was happy to chat us a little about the slickness of the track.

bzcam
10th August 2009, 18:36
Sorry to detract from the Danica bashing, but I have a take on the race that I'd like air out.

It seems to me that Dale Coyne or whoever his strategist is blew it for Justin and his chances for a win or a podium position. Justin's car was clearly out of gas coasting into the pit for his last stop. It stalled in the pit when he gunned it and apparently sucked some air in the lines through the engine. By the time they got him back in the box and re-fired he went from podium to also-ran.

So, did DC screw up? Isn't it his job to know how much gas is in the car? Shouldn't he have been in a lap earlier? It just seems to me that that was a major screw up on someone's part - and it cost the team big time. Maybe there's a reason why DCR never won a race....

BZ

beachbum
10th August 2009, 18:44

This is the true account of her radio traffic everyone, not some bias danica basher.DF, you are 100% correct. But........

I happened to be listening to the in car as well, and she said it was her fault because she didn't see him. I think the actual quote was "I didn't know he was there". Considering that is one of the few prime passing areas at Mid Ohio, she should be looking in her mirrors and know where the other drivers are. Particularly since Servia passed her twice coming out of the turn and each time she seemed surprised. Conway had been trying to find a way by for some time and with his history, a banzai move should not have been a surprise to Danica. She is lacking what is called situational awareness. She has no clue what is going on around her. I am convinced her frequent blocking isn't always intentional. She just doesn't know anyone is there.

Frankly, I don't know any racer who would think their day is over after a simple spin into the kitty litter until someone tells them they are done. Even then, most would try to get re-fired and back to the pits for repairs. I actually burst out laughing when she started to unbuckle and said she was done. I almost expected to hear "My car is dirty, I can't drive it". Michael was very firm, but obviously exasperated on the radio. I don't think I have ever heard him speak so slowly. It almost sounded like a tired parent explaining to a child why they should do something - again.

All crew chiefs try to pump up their driver, so Michael saying it was Conway's fault was perfectly reasonable and expected. Conway should not have made the move as it was very risky, but she should have seen him. I think the penalty had more to do with who the 2 combatants were than the actual seriousness of the move. Conway has a history and probably was due a reminder to not stick his nose in unless he could make the pass.

beachgirl
10th August 2009, 18:48
Sorry to detract from the Danica bashing, but I have a take on the race that I'd like air out.

It seems to me that Dale Coyne or whoever his strategist is blew it for Justin and his chances for a win or a podium position. Justin's car was clearly out of gas coasting into the pit for his last stop. It stalled in the pit when he gunned it and apparently sucked some air in the lines through the engine. By the time they got him back in the box and re-fired he went from podium to also-ran.

So, did DC screw up? Isn't it his job to know how much gas is in the car? Shouldn't he have been in a lap earlier? It just seems to me that that was a major screw up on someone's part - and it cost the team big time. Maybe there's a reason why DCR never won a race....

BZ

You are right on with this. It made me sick when that happened. Justin had it all but won until the major fuel miscalculation. I don't know as I'd blame it right on Dale. Someone on the team made that calculation, or miscalculation as it turned out, but to automatically assume it was Dale is a stretch.

By the way, DCR has won a race, and it was even this year. How quickly some forget.

Shifter
10th August 2009, 18:52

BZ

Yeah it's very odd, unless something changed on the car? I'm not certain how much telemetry is fed back to the pit wall. My initial thought was that the team had failed to calculate the effects of push-to-pass, however after reading PT's blog I can't imagine P2P could shorten the fuel window by a lap.

DanicaFan
10th August 2009, 18:55
I enjoyed the race and thats all that matters. I know what happened, what was said, etc. so thats all I will say about that.

I think this will be the last racing thread I get involved in on this forum. It seems that nothing Danica does is right or anything I do is right and most of the time its because I support her. I dont get it. Not to mention, about everything posted about the IRL is nothing but negative. It gets old.

So I think I am out of this place for awhile(maybe for good) and off to the other forums I frequent that are much more friendly and less bias.

Take care.

Shifter
10th August 2009, 18:58
Remember when 'hothead' Danica was yelling angrily at officials to refire her car on the street course last year? She says she's calmed down this year, perhaps that includes quitting? Like I said before I think she hates Mid-Ohio; perhaps she was happy Conway gave her an excuse to go home early? I'm sure that Boost will be happy to know she wanted to roll the car away where cameras can't see.

P.S. I think this forum has the some of smartest motorsports fans on the net. (not all, but most of the posters)

garyshell
10th August 2009, 19:15
I enjoyed the race and thats all that matters. I know what happened, what was said, etc. so thats all I will say about that.

I think this will be the last racing thread I get involved in on this forum. It seems that nothing Danica does is right or anything I do is right and most of the time its because I support her. I dont get it. Not to mention, about everything posted about the IRL is nothing but negative. It gets old.

So I think I am out of this place for awhile(maybe for good) and off to the other forums I frequent that are much more friendly and less bias.

Take care.

DF, the bias is of your OWN doing. If you weren't so biased for her, you wouldn't generate so much bias against you or her. Your constant refusal to acknowledge that she has ever done anything wrong creates this situation.

Gary

SarahFan
10th August 2009, 19:20

Take care.

Come on D ...... Do you really not see your part in all this?

drewdawg727
10th August 2009, 19:41

Take care.

I don't see any unfriendliness in this board unless it's in regards to you...what I have noticed is that you don't contribute much to this board at all. The only things you ever post are race threads, entry lists (with the ooo-rah for Danica taking the pole and winning this weekend!!!!), all sorts of Danica statistics on the weekends, making excuses for why she doesn't qualify/race well...it's really tiring and unnecessary IMO.

Don't let the door hit ya..

ClarkFan
10th August 2009, 20:17

BZ
Absolutely a messed up strategy in a situation where there was no good reason to push the stop. The real shame was that Wilson was the only driver who was looking like he could push Dixon, and Dixon had only gotten the lead because Duno couldn't figure out how to get out of the way going into the esses. Wilson even hugh on after that, up until the botched stop. Once he dropped back, Dixon had a cruise.

ClarkFan

bzcam
10th August 2009, 20:31
Absolutely a messed up strategy in a situation where there was no good reason to push the stop. The real shame was that Wilson was the only driver who was looking like he could push Dixon, and Dixon had only gotten the lead because Duno couldn't figure out how to get out of the way going into the esses. Wilson even hugh on after that, up until the botched stop. Once he dropped back, Dixon had a cruise.

ClarkFan

A couple of more thoughts. It looks to me like DCR has put its meager resources into giving Justin a car that is optimized for road courses. I think this is a great strategy for a marginal player with limited resources. Justin is road course vet and proven winner. Road and street courses are the great equilizers in the IRL so its smart on DCR's part to go this route. Next year's schedule makes it even smarter.

So, having said all that, why the hell did he run out of gas? That just irks me no end. I mean, it was a fuel strategy race if there ever was one. Fuel strategy includes keeping track of fuel! Just a bonehead mistake. Argh!

I also noticed that Justin was flying on the reds and not doing nearly as well on the blacks. On the other hand, Dixon had a chance to go back to the reds with his last stop and stayed on the blacks. Perhaps Justin's car was a little overtuned for the reds? Is that possible?

Anyway, I'm a guy who just wants to see anyone who's not Penske, TCGR or AGR win. Justin and DC make a good underdog combo. Too bad they blew it.

BZ

TURN3
10th August 2009, 20:35

Take care.

Please don't go, you're my reason for being here! Despite how ridiculous the things are you so, it is entertainment. Isn't that was auto racing is all about, entertainment?

TURN3
10th August 2009, 20:39
A couple of more thoughts. It looks to me like DCR has put its meager resources into giving Justin a car that is optimized for road courses. I think this is a great strategy for a marginal player with limited resources. Justin is road course vet and proven winner. Road and street courses are the great equilizers in the IRL so its smart on DCR's part to go this route. Next year's schedule makes it even smarter.

So, having said all that, why the hell did he run out of gas? That just irks me no end. I mean, it was a fuel strategy race if there ever was one. Fuel strategy includes keeping track of fuel! Just a bonehead mistake. Argh!

I also noticed that Justin was flying on the reds and not doing nearly as well on the blacks. On the other hand, Dixon had a chance to go back to the reds with his last stop and stayed on the blacks. Perhaps Justin's car was a little overtuned for the reds? Is that possible?

Anyway, I'm a guy who just wants to see anyone who's not Penske, TCGR or AGR win. Justin and DC make a good underdog combo. Too bad they blew it.

BZ

Befoe we throw Coyne's crew under the bus, don't discount the possibility of a fuel pick up problem. It sounds like the engine started to hiccup far before he even made it to pit lane. If he were "out" of fuel, it wouldn't have continued to hiccup. The engine never actually died until the stall leaving the pits. I'm not saying that he wasn't low or they weren't cutting it close but that is what they are supposed to do. My point is that fuel pick-up issues when the tanks are dry aren't that uncommon and it might have had nothing to do with fuel calcs.

garyshell
10th August 2009, 20:56
My point is that fuel pick-up issues when the tanks are dry aren't that uncommon and it might have had nothing to do with fuel calcs.

Yes and no. When doing the calcs do you make the call to run to the VERY last lap, or do you give yourself a one lap buffer to allow for the possibility of a pickup problem?

Gary

dataman1
10th August 2009, 21:29
Yes and no. When doing the calcs do you make the call to run to the VERY last lap, or do you give yourself a one lap buffer to allow for the possibility of a pickup problem?

Gary

Absolutely, except possibly the last lap of a race.

IMO they should have stopped when the window opened and put him back on the reds much sooner.

underpowered
11th August 2009, 00:37
Absolutely, except possibly the last lap of a race.

IMO they should have stopped when the window opened and put him back on the reds much sooner.

I agree, try and go as long as possible in the first stint, after that there is no need to push it especially when he was faster on reds anyway.

I doubt he had anything for Dixon though.

Dixon gave a driving lesson out there. I couldnt believe it when he went 3 more laps than anyone else in that first stint. Dario needs to get back on it if he wants to challenge for the Championship.

NickFalzone
11th August 2009, 01:02
Maybe it's not worth harping on, but am I the only one that was less than impressed with the "movie slate" award given to Dixon for most wins? If that's the best you've got in victory lane, don't even bother. It looked like Dixon was even rolling his eyes at it.

SUBARUTEAM
11th August 2009, 01:52
Maybe it's not worth harping on, but am I the only one that was less than impressed with the "movie slate" award given to Dixon for most wins? If that's the best you've got in victory lane, don't even bother. It looked like Dixon was even rolling his eyes at it.

i agree 100%

i also agree with underpowered - i'm not sure why i didn't pick dixon to win in my pickems.???!!!???

drewdawg727
11th August 2009, 04:04
i agree 100%

i also agree with underpowered - i'm not sure why i didn't pick dixon to win in my pickems.???!!!???

I picked Castroneves, what was I thinking?

underpowered
11th August 2009, 04:13

I saw that too....they had to offer it to him twice...he didn't seem to want to take it.

I think he wants the record for all time wins...not the IRL record.

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/82017/?tf=bruce_martin.tpl

"Dixon is not interested in NASCAR or even Formula One. Instead, his goals are to win multiple Indianapolis 500 victories and IndyCar Series championships."

EagleEye
11th August 2009, 13:42

Take care.

I have personally thanked you for being such a huge fan, and have said we need more fans like you. I have also said you suffer from myopia, because of your "Danica will take the pole," "Danica will win the race..." Danica will be the next President..." "Danica can paint like Picasso".

Stating facts, is NOT Danica bashing. I have pointed out her good and bad points and stood up to those who incorrectly compared her to DD. I have also talked to drivers and got their input about her. Is there no better way to gauge a person than by asking their peers? Becuase they do not rate her very high, is a fact. You can take it or leave it. Can she drive, yes. Can she race...not yet. She makes lots of money, but yet she really has not earned a lot of money.

There is a great skit, from SNL, about a group of Bear fans, or 'Da Bears. They talk about up coming games, and no matter who the Bears play (Packers, Vikings, God...) or what they play (football, bowling, racing the Indy 500) they allways pick the Bears. "OKay, da Bears are racing the Indy 500 in a bus, who wins, Mears or da Bears." "If Ditka is driving the bus, Da Bears." That, is myopia 101.

Danica was never going to win in Edmonton, or Mid-Ohio, or Sonoma. Never, ever without some major gas-run great call by the team. The team itself, is just not that good at this point in time. Even if she were the greatest driver of all time (she is not) she would be struggling becuase the team has issues.

Take a deep breath, enjoy Danica's seaon, but also be a bit realistc. She has a chance at Chicagoland (where she blockd and chopped everyone last year) and Motegi and Homestead.

ShiftingGears
11th August 2009, 14:01
Just read about what Danica did.

HILARIOUS.