PDA

View Full Version : GR Asia Unveill New Line Up For 2007 WTCC

Captain VXR
19th February 2007, 12:29
http://www.fiawtcc.com/fiawtcc/sport_sto1091471.shtml

tyreman2
19th February 2007, 15:46
http://www.fiawtcc.com/fiawtcc/sport_sto1091471.shtml

On many occassions last year Tom drove to get maximum indy points,and not take any risks.will be interesting to see how he performs against the factory cars.Good opportunity for Emmit he did well in the Estoril race but know up against much stronger opposition

captin 1 VXR
19th February 2007, 19:05
thats good new for emmit as he was a match for ryan sharp when thay did the touring car cup last year and i think he proved he was not just a want to be ... shame ryan never got the drive to

100%hondafan
19th February 2007, 19:13
he isnt the same level as ryan though!

i think corronel should be good this yera as long as he can get up to date car ect from seat sport.

captin 1 VXR
19th February 2007, 19:20
even if seat don t want to give tom the best gear . his father in law will help him get it well pay for it . if tom cant aford it him self ;)

100%hondafan
19th February 2007, 19:22
well he has seat backing so im sure he will get support i doubt tom is paying a penny ;) more likly getting paid a little

SEATFreak
21st February 2007, 20:09
I just want to wish Emmett well. Regardles of whether he is better than Sharp or not.

One thing I would like to understand. Tom is not eligible for points in the Yokohama Independents Trophy, yet he still runs an Independent car.

Why is that?

LiamM
21st February 2007, 20:14
Cos he won last year with too much of a margin, I.E. you can win the independent trophy if your name isn't Tom Coronell

captin 1 VXR
21st February 2007, 20:19
think it is anyone who wins indy championship can not win it the year after .. and i think thats good in some ways

LiamM
21st February 2007, 20:24
I believed it was introduced to stop Tom walking away with it again, I maybe wrong, who won it in 2005? That was Coronell wasnt it? It does allow more teams to have a chance at winning the Independents, but on the other hand it could be bad for sponsorship - if you win it one year, your sponsors might not hang around if you can't win it the following year.

stuart_b32
23rd February 2007, 12:04
Tom didn't win it in 2005 Marc Hennerici in a Weichers Sport BMW won. Tom came close as it was all down to the Macau finale but a big crash at Lisboa involving lots of drivers including Huffy put an end to his championship challenge. It is a good idea as Tom was the strongest driver in the independents last year and again i would beleive he would have been the strongest again this year. The aim for Tom this year was a factory drive but that didn't materialise so he is running under the Seat Team Holland banner and winning points for himself in the overall drivers championship.